• 20211210_122516.jpg
    20211210_122516.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 116
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Also this.
One of the engineers is OCD as fuck and has been on the verge of a mental breakdown because of people putting the toilet roll on backwards or not putting it on at all. So a few of the other engineers have spent the last 2 weeks fucking with him by taping the rolls, braiding them together, re-mounting the toilet paper holder vertical, etc. This one is minor, but first thing I saw when I walked in this morning. My favorite one was last week when the brand-spanking-new engineer pulled an entire roll apart into individual squares and left them perfectly stacked on the back of the toilet after removing every other roll from the bathroom.

View attachment 387144
A guy at work was OCD. He was a prick, so I was justified in screwing with him at every chance. I used to move stuff on his desk just ever so slightly. He see it, get red faced with anger, then go about exactly placing everything where he wanted it. I did this many, many times.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Also this.
One of the engineers is OCD as fuck and has been on the verge of a mental breakdown because of people putting the toilet roll on backwards or not putting it on at all. So a few of the other engineers have spent the last 2 weeks fucking with him by taping the rolls, braiding them together, re-mounting the toilet paper holder vertical, etc. This one is minor, but first thing I saw when I walked in this morning. My favorite one was last week when the brand-spanking-new engineer pulled an entire roll apart into individual squares and left them perfectly stacked on the back of the toilet after removing every other roll from the bathroom.

View attachment 387144
These guys are stepping it up....
Screenshot_20211216-152605_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 5 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Let me tell you a story.

A couple weeks ago my wife parked her car to go in and give a lecture at the university. When she came out the whole passenger side of her car was scraped up, and looked like crap. The tail light was cracked, the mirror was completely destroyed, and the headlight was cracked. She was mystified, as she was parked next to grass, not another parking spot. I took the car to the lawn maintenance garage, and they found one of their lawn tractors they had been using to collect late leaves had matching paint on the collection bins. One of the new, young people working on the landscaping had totally scraped the entire side of the car.

Well, the guy in charge was horrified this happened. He asked me if he could please take care of it and not involve a claim or insurance. The guy who did it is a felon, and he was hired because he's working his ass off to make a better life for himself. He wasn't even aware it had happened, but it was entirely obvious he had done it. He was so upset, it was obvious that it was not intentional and that he wasn't even aware. I told the manager to make it right, and we would be happy. Monday he drove to my house, picked up the car, left us his car to use while ours was in the shop, and then brought it back today. Everything was fixed perfectly, including rust on the drivers side of the car. He had a brother with a body shop, the brother gave the car a complete paint job, taking care of a lot of things that were absolutely not their fault. We got a complete paint job, and he oiled/rustproofed the underside of the car, too. No charge, no fuss, he just took care of the whole thing, no effort on our part.

The guy who did it wrote a letter of apology, and his boss said he's working a full extra day a week until the paint job is paid off.

Shitty things happen, but man...this was resolved in a way that could not be improved upon. Thank God for responsible people who take care of issues and take care of their employees.

• 20Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 21 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Risky, as once you buggered off they can change their story and harder in hindsight to go back and prove shit potentially. Glad it worked out though, even gladder the manager wanted to go to bat for the guy. Many career pieces of shit and I rail about them in the various politics threads, but I do believe in trying to let the rare gem flip their lives.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Risky, as once you buggered off they can change their story and harder in hindsight to go back and prove shit potentially. Glad it worked out though, even gladder the manager wanted to go to bat for the guy. Many career pieces of shit and I rail about them in the various politics threads, but I do believe in trying to let the rare gem flip their lives.

The guy took a video of me and the car and the damage and promised (on the video) that it was going to be dealt with. He sent it to me. He also wrote up a document immediately that said the were liable for the damage and they would take care of it promptly. He made a copy for me and for the guy who did the damage. It was pretty straight up legit from the word go.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Shitty weather, so no flying or mapping. I started working in my GIS to-do list and fucking blasted through stuff. In about 10 hours today, I finished stuff that would have taken me about a month to do, if at all, a year ago.

And the highlight of my day....finally being able to calculate a nice, clean extent and summarize field work in the same map. I was pretty limited by the XLS form spec when I tried to do this last time, but was able to figure out a little workaround and got it up and running in about an hour for one form. I'll work on applying it to all the other forms tomorrow....then I can easily automate exports for other stuff like taxlots or traffic counts.
Screenshot_20211228-180534_Survey123.jpg

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Seems like most of vietnam is named nguyen. One of those Nguyen's once told me the reason the name is so popular. Apparently when the ruler was overthrown, the new ruler would kill all of the old ruler's relatives. So the relatives of the old ruler who didn't want to be involved in that bullshit would change their names to Nguyen. He didn't know why they chose that name. Was it a sign of submission, or was it just already popular?

I bet your hairdresser's name is something like phuc and he just doesn't want to deal with it. I knew a Phuc Nguyen for 3 years before I learned his real name.

But I've also heard of one named Dat Ting Long

Sevens

Log Wizard
Seems like most of vietnam is named nguyen. One of those Nguyen's once told me the reason the name is so popular. Apparently when the ruler was overthrown, the new ruler would kill all of the old ruler's relatives. So the relatives of the old ruler who didn't want to be involved in that bullshit would change their names to Nguyen. He didn't know why they chose that name. Was it a sign of submission, or was it just already popular?

I bet your hairdresser's name is something like phuc and he just doesn't want to deal with it. I knew a Phuc Nguyen for 3 years before I learned his real name.

Made me think of him

dong.jpg

• 1Like

lurker

Vyemm Raider

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
My black friend is super bummed out that Betty White just died. Like, legitimately sad.

• 2Harrow
  • 2Faggotry
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm a giant manchild and I can't help stashing rickrolls and cheesy jokes in everything I slap together, but it makes me chortle so fuck it
1641343995522.png

• 1Harrow

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Mid 20s female drafter at work just called me Band "My eyes are up here" Wagon because she could see my nipples through my shirt.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
We get an email every month that includes new hires, departures and office location changes. For the last year or so, every email has 1 to 3 people that are leaving Portland and moving to a new office. No one ever relocating TO portland. Today's email has 6 people leaving Portland. no other moves.

• 1Harrow
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users