What tickles your pickle

Izo

Tranny Chaser
We get an email every month that includes new hires, departures and office location changes. For the last year or so, every email has 1 to 3 people that are leaving Portland and moving to a new office. No one ever relocating TO portland. Today's email has 6 people leaving Portland. no other moves.
tyen tyen 's got to eat.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I was about to respond in the jimmies thread but realized it actually belongs here.

Its fucking great that so many people still prefer the slow, miserable, good lord just do your job and stop making conversation checkouts at the grocery store. Because I basically never have to wait in line for self checkout, while they stand there, week after week. I'm not sure if they ever actually check out. It could be the same people there, in the same positions, each week for all I know.

Its like if the "skip TSA" line at the airport was available to everyone but most people just chose not to use it. This simple life hack can save many hours over the course of your life, not to mention the needless aggravation it avoids, but apparently only about 1 in 10 of us realizes its available. Its awesome.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Normally I only do self checkout if I have a few items and none are produce.

But now that we're being charged $0.05 or $0.08 per plastic bag (and thicc bags now) in OR and WA, I've been doing it just so I can get the satisfaction of pressing "0" on how many bags I need to buy. Then I proceed to double bag each individual item.

I'm saving up all the bags when I get home so I can dump them all in the ocean the next time I go to the Oregon coast.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 7 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser

But now that we're being charged $0.05 or $0.08 per plastic bag (and thicc bags now) in OR and WA, I've been doing it just so I can get the satisfaction of pressing "0" on how many bags I need to buy. Then I proceed to double bag each individual item.

I'm saving up all the bags when I get home so I can dump them all in the ocean the next time I go to the Oregon coast.
They're around 55 cent a bag here in eurocuckistan. Myaeah :S

Unidin

Molten Core Raider

I saw those bags today. Reusable my ass, they're basically the bags that Target has had forever. No one is bringing those back to the grocery store.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm in an office with about 20 people, but 8 are field staff. We have 3 unisex bathrooms and everyone knocks before going in. Most everyone always just said "Yep" if they were crapping when someone knocked. The newest engineer is very polite and always says "I'll be out in just a moment, please" and we've been making fun of him for it. So now everyone is mixing up what they're saying. The engineering manager says "FUCK OFF", the drafter that sits next to me just started asking people to bring him random stuff like "Hey, can you please slide the April 1997 Maxim under the door before you leave?" or "Do you see a snorkel or a pitchfork out there anywhere?". I heard one of the engineers say "Just a sec, I'm trying to figure out if this is blood" yesterday and laughed my ass off.

So this morning I'm taking a shit and excitedly waiting to see if someone knocks so I can be a smartass. Just as I'm thinking it'll have to wait for tomorrow, someone knocks and I yell "COME IN!" Then I hear a woman's voice say "Oh, is this a..." *checks handle* "Oh, that's ok I'll just use the upstairs bathroom".

Turns out our front desk lady is out sick today and we had someone come over from our other office to fill in for her. Since everyone was laughing while trying to explain the inside joke, I don't think she really understands what happened and probably thinks we're all just a bunch of weirdos that shit together.

• 6Worf
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 6 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Most supermarkets here are switching to portable scanners instead of (self-)check out. Grab a scanner when you walk in, scan every item as you take it off the shelf, place it directly in your bags in the cart. Replace scanner at the exit and swipe card. Takes 10 seconds tops. Place bags directly in car, no need to take everything out of the cart again at checkout.

Having to actually wait for someone to manually scan your shit annoys me to no end now, even worse when there are others ahead of you.

1642002229682.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Most supermarkets here are switching to portable scanners instead of (self-)check out. Grab a scanner when you walk in, scan every item as you take it off the shelf, place it directly in your bags in the cart. Replace scanner at the exit and swipe card. Takes 10 seconds tops. Place bags directly in car, no need to take everything out of the cart again at checkout.

Having to actually wait for someone to manually scan your shit annoys me to no end now, even worse when there are others ahead of you.

View attachment 392576
That'll be fun when I end up having to pay double because certain populations only scan 10% of their items and the grocery kings want their monies.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 3 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That'll be fun when I end up having to pay double because certain populations only scan 10% of their items and the grocery kings want their monies.

They do spot checks to check you're not stealing shit and someone will check your age if you scan beer.

Still, I'm sure they ran the numbers on fewer cashiers vs increased shrinkage and so far they're only increasing self scanning options.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You think they're going to do spot checks on POC in 2022?

It's linked to your customer card, system decides if you get a check or not. I wouldn't be surprised if the algorithm for that is highly developed based on factors like how often you've passed a spot check before, time spent and route taken in the store etc.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you scan alcohol it turns on a light at the checkout station and an employee has to verify your age before you it will let you pay. You need to pay to get a receipt, which you scan to open a gate that lets you leave the store.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
It's linked to your customer card, system decides if you get a check or not. I wouldn't be surprised if the algorithm for that is highly developed based on factors like how often you've passed a spot check before, time spent and route taken in the store etc.

They can do crazy shit with the customer loyalty card. Hell, a decade ago a dad complained to Target that they were sending his high school aged daughter maternity shit, turns out she was pregnant and didnt tell him yet, but they knew lol.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I saw Biden's Vaccine Mandate for 100+ employee companies right'chere on FOH, about 10 minutes after he announced it live. I *immediately* shot my CEO a message saying:
Are we going to have a meeting with all shareholders to discuss the new executive order that's supposed to be implemented re: vaccines before any action is taken?
He said "Happy to chat but I'm not sure what you're talking about?"
We talked on the phone and it basically boiled down to him saying "We need to follow the law" and me saying "We need to wait until it hits the supreme court, which it will". He was skeptical it would even get that far.

He just called me this afternoon to say "Whelp, guess I was wrong about that! I'm glad that you and a few others spoke up though."

• 1Harrow
  • 1Like
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
My company doesn't let us rollover vacation anymore.

I don't blame them. Company I used to work for had a lot of people quit or retire after decades without ever having taken a vacation. Oh, they spent weeks skiing in vale and other shit like that, but they never took vacation time. Just charged it to those jobs they had been working 80 hours a week on while getting paid for 40 because they are salaried.

But I think my company went too far. We can roll over 0 days. They should at least let you carryover a year's worth. 2 years in a row now they've had emergencies come up at the end of the year that fucked my christmas / new years vacations and I was at risk of losing it. I'm going to have to be a hard ass about it from now on.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
We have a kids book called "The History of Rock and Roll" and one of the pages has David Bowie on it. For some reason, my daughter started asking everyone "Do you remember David Bowie?" She also talks about him when building Legos. "This is David Bowie's House". "This is David Bowie's boat".

A week or two ago, we were trying to figure out what kids movie to put on while everyone was a little bit sick, and I said something like "Oh, Labyrinth is a good one! I haven't seen David Bowie's moose knuckles in a hot minute". Daughter repeated "David Bowie's moose knuckles" as soon as I said it and everyone laughed, which permanently embedded it as a 'funny' in her toddler brain. She's been running around yelling about David Bowie's Moose Knuckles ever since, no matter how much I try to keep a straight face and tell her it's not appropriate. Mom is mad at us.

• 7Worf
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 7 users