What tickles your pickle

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
"your house gets cleaner and your balls get emptier every time I visit"

Maybe I'll shop for rings this week

Edit: I told her I posted her quote here and she said "that website sounds funny. Maybe I'll sign up". Then I put the fear of God in her and talked her out of it.
9b164ebb-1f12-475b-aead-5d3adc68bcdf_text.gif

Last edited:
  • 9Worf
  • 2Double Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I gave a middle school presentation last week with a guy that works for me. It was at his old school, at the request of his 7th grade teacher.

Anyways, I randomly said "landfills always have the best views" when I was telling the kids about all the cool places we get to go. The guy that works for me has only surveyed at our local municipal landfill and he roasted me for saying that.

Anyways, I sent him to a remote landfill early today and he got there just after sunrise this morning. He texted me and said "Holy hell, I take it all back. This is the prettiest place I've been yet"

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I gave a middle school presentation last week with a guy that works for me. It was at his old school, at the request of his 7th grade teacher.

Anyways, I randomly said "landfills always have the best views" when I was telling the kids about all the cool places we get to go. The guy that works for me has only surveyed at our local municipal landfill and he roasted me for saying that.

Anyways, I sent him to a remote landfill early today and he got there just after sunrise this morning. He texted me and said "Holy hell, I take it all back. This is the prettiest place I've been yet"
That feels like a very foreboding/postapoc-y statement...
Season 8 Tns GIF by THE NEXT STEP

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I had this meeting. He can't tell me what movie he wants me to make something for yet, but strongly implied it's the new Dune Prophecy. They just announced they're working on this one. I just watched this trailer last week and was kinda meh on it, lol.

This is what the call was about, apparently. The map table from dune 2. A lot of this would be beyond my skill level, but there's some of it i could actually help out on, and I know 3 other people that could handle the rest very well.

1717777354554.png

1717777408028.png

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Few days late for some various reasons (power outage and subsequent drama) and I take enough shit around here for mentioning her as it is but well, this will be where I do it again, so deal with it.

On May 29th Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus and I celebrated 20 years of her being just off in the head enough to deal with being married to me. Two decades of eating better than I deserve to, having a cleaner house than I deserve to, and having a far better and more supportive partner than I honestly think I deserve.

This year has been a monumental crapstorm, and there's no way I'd be here still if not for having her around.

Last edited:
  • 11Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 14 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
"Oh hey, Martha! How was your anniversary? Did Frank do anything special for ya"

"Oh, you know Frank. He said some almost nice things on his little message board and then tagged me."

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
"Oh hey, Martha! How was your anniversary? Did Frank do anything special for ya"

"Oh, you know Frank. He said some almost nice things on his little message board and then tagged me."
A week and a half late.

Siliconemelons

Sweet Gherkins.

I was today years old when I realized these had a name. I called them baby pickles.

I had them once in my early 20s. I was at some fancy dress party and they were an Hors d'oeuvre served along with some sort of fancy charcuterie before we called it charcuterie.

I thought they were delicious, sweet baby pickles. I seriously loved them, couldn't get enough. However, i'm not the type who gets invited to or attends fancy dress parties, and me thinking they were somehow exclusive to fancy dress parties, I never had them again and never really ever thought about them again.

They were referenced on an episode of Brooklyn 99 once (when Jake was attending a fancy dress party with captain holt) and that made me remember them, but that moment was fleeting and they were soon forgotten again.

So i'm out grocery shopping and needing relish for my hotdogs when I see, sitting there in the pickle aisle a jar of sweet gherkins. Apparently that's what they are called. These things have been sitting in the pickle aisle of every damn grocery store on earth for 20+ years and I could have at any fucking time just bought a jar and ate them as much as I wanted. AND they aren't even expensive at all. Even with bidenomic prices these things are only like $3 a jar. They cost less than a bottle of ketchup.

So I bought 5 jars and have been eating them nonstop. Thought I would of got tired of them by now, but nope. They are fucking delicious

This thread even has pickle in the title!! Hehe

Haus

<Silver Donator>

A week and a half late.

In case you jackwagons didn't realize there was more than me posting on here. ;)

OTOH, the aforementioned crapstorm has caused us to have to delay some of what we had planned for the anniversary. (being that we didn't have power at our house most of the week of, and this week there's been other terrible crap raining down)

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user