RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
And that's why they'll be shit in a few years, people blindly letting it go and continuing to buy their product as the company rots from the inside.

No they won't. They'll continue to be the industry leader for decades because all the other companies will make similar stupid moves.

• 1Dislike

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah as a product release engineer, that worked Ford, GM, and now Nissan dont EVER buy a first year run of a vehicle. So many times I have seen cut corners just to meet the launch date and shit like "Well fix it next year" is all too common.

she ended up choosing a 2019 land cruiser with low mileage. bonus for me cause i've always wanted one as a side rig.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Don't care. They make good trucks.

To everyone who is downvoting this or whatever, you're hypocrites. You don't like Ford because of this? Then get a Chevy. Know what happens next? Chevy makes the same exact move. Then everyone else does the same. Everyone makes the same move.

I'll just buy the best truck. Don't care about the politics.

• 1GreNeg
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
1628946890038.jpeg

1628947088416.jpeg

So I’m in the market for a new daily and cant decide between the M550 and the M850. Have only been able to drive the 8. Think I prefer the 8 in the looks dept, but the 5 performance seems a bit better and much better mod support as the 8 seems like a bit of a rare bird. FOH opinions?

• 1Like

tirnaog

Trakanon Raider
Still driving my 2008 Ford Expedition!
150K+ miles and new brakes are needed.

Next truck will be electric! hopefully the CyberTruck AWD.
:)

• 1Like
  • 1Cringe

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
View attachment 366888

View attachment 366889

So I’m in the market for a new daily and cant decide between the M550 and the M850. Have only been able to drive the 8. Think I prefer the 8 in the looks dept, but the 5 performance seems a bit better and much better mod support as the 8 seems like a bit of a rare bird. FOH opinions?

All performance mods will be the same, except exhaust (8 series is a longer car). 5 is faster due to less weight.

Can make them both faster, but the big power voids warranties and you'll get to a point where a 2 year old M5 is more cost effective and better looking.

• 2Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

Would the difference in performance matter to you?

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Would the difference in performance matter to you?
Not really, no. It's replacing an old Boxster S which compared to even our Macan S is a bit of a hog. I believe the 0-60 times on the 8 vs 5 are roughly .2 seconds apart (one being 3.6ish vs 3.8ish). Mostly was just polling on which one FOH thinks is better looking. The 8 is really pretty in person, but it's super long in the front and not particularly spacious in the rear. The 5 looks more like a typical sedan - I've only ever driven the LCI 540i and liked it quite a bit. Prices are about 10k apart, so not a huge jump from the 5 to the 8.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Prior generation was the last one that looked good to me. Only attractive BMW left is the M2. Personal preference, of course. I'd pick an Audi or Merc in the same tier, these days. RS5 is 8 series money, faster, and prettier.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Not really, no. It's replacing an old Boxster S which compared to even our Macan S is a bit of a hog. I believe the 0-60 times on the 8 vs 5 are roughly .2 seconds apart (one being 3.6ish vs 3.8ish). Mostly was just polling on which one FOH thinks is better looking. The 8 is really pretty in person, but it's super long in the front and not particularly spacious in the rear. The 5 looks more like a typical sedan - I've only ever driven the LCI 540i and liked it quite a bit. Prices are about 10k apart, so not a huge jump from the 5 to the 8.

What are you looking for? Do you need to drive folks around?

Audi has some nice stuff also in that segment.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya looking for daily that I can throw a car seat in on the weekends and tool around in during the week. I've driven the S7 as well and it seems pretty nice, but pretty weak on the performance side of things (though the interior is really clean). The RS5 is a thought, but even smaller than the 850i (have had a # of S5/S4 loaners). I like the idea of a 8 cyl combustion engine as a last fuck you to the libshits I run around with. Seems like BMW and all the other German manufacturers are heading towards electric pretty quickly so these might be the end of an era. The Mercedes AMG GT also looks nice but I'm not enamored with the rear end and they are really hard to find. Panamera is also nice but a little long in the tooth on styling and not particularly quick in my price range (can't afford a turbo). The 850 is a huge car but the rear seats are surprisingly small - could make it work, but the the 540i back seat seemed a bit roomier to me (the middle seat in the 8 is basically unusable). It's annoying as you can't really find anything to get a feel for them, and I'm a big believer in "fucking as many bitches as possible before settling down", ahem. I've been in a Panamera, driven an S7 and plenty of M3's/S4/S5's and 850i, never even seen an AMG GT in person and also driven the 540i.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
RS5 has shitty low end throttle lag. Might not bother you but it’s the same lag my S5 has and it drives me nuts.
Have you tried a pedalbox? I had to install one on my Duramax since it was similar to what you are talking about. The Banks box fixed all the lag I had and really changed the truck.

• 1Harrow

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Have you tried a pedalbox? I had to install one on my Duramax since it was similar to what you are talking about. The Banks box fixed all the lag I had and really changed the truck.

I bought a "Race Chip" (RaceChip USA - Performance chip tuning made in Germany) which seems to be very similar-- basically some gizmo that gets placed inline between the wiring harness and the gas pedal and gives you a dial to tune the throttle response. Took me an hour of blood, sweat and tears to gain access to the harness behind the pedal because it's a super tight fit and you can't see shit, started up the car, put it into reverse in my driveway, and immediately noticed something was fucked up, like it was reversing in fifth gear or something. Pulled out into the street, put it into drive, and the pedal was mush and would barely move the car. Then the car stalled and every light on the dash came on, and I had to push the car to the side of the road in front of my house. Spent the next hour reversing the install, and thank god the car was fine afterwords. Called Racechip and they said they'd send me a new unit with "revised programming" and I never bothered installing it. Something about being able to manufacture some gadget that if mis-configured could cause a massive failure in throttle and control rubbed me the wrong way.. Also, I was told I'd have to remove it every time I'd get the car serviced as they could refuse warranty coverage.

At this point the car is 4 years old already and I plan on trading it in next year, so just going to live with it. Either way, I have no idea how people can be happy with the throttle on the 2018+ S4/S5/RS5 series of cars, as they all use the same garbage torque converter.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 366888

View attachment 366889

I’ve driven the m550. Fun drive.

complete waste of money tho tbh