What vehicle do you drive?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yup. New 992 generation. It's not nearly as attractive as the prior few gens, but it's dynamically really good.

It does look a little wonky the more I look at it, but I love those two little vents on the top.

Hekotat

Yellow fogs came in yesterday, plan to install them tomorrow. I think I'll get the red headlight covers next.

2022 Volkswagen Golf GTI BBS Concept - We want to maintain the soul of Mk8 Disney Car All New.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

Got the fogs on.

20220716_114330.jpg

Also, thinking of getting this exhaust if I can get it in the US

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Trying to have any excitement at all for the Civic R but not getting much, maybe the actual power stats etc are more exciting when they are official, but hopefully it pulls some heat off the other cars I'm interested in, though I still think I'm waiting until next year hoping for economy to be bad enough prices get more reasonable.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Trying to have any excitement at all for the Civic R but not getting much, maybe the actual power stats etc are more exciting when they are official, but hopefully it pulls some heat off the other cars I'm interested in, though I still think I'm waiting until next year hoping for economy to be bad enough prices get more reasonable.

New Civic TR looks great this Gen. Clean, mature, and should dynamically be the best yet. It will most definitely have enough power. Prior Gen seemed too boy-racer. Interior looks pretty good too.

Market will continue to fall. This govt has fucked up so much its inevitable.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
New Civic TR looks great this Gen. Clean, mature, and should dynamically be the best yet. It will most definitely have enough power. Prior Gen seemed too boy-racer. Interior looks pretty good too.

I like flashy/unique, so somewhere in between the 2 I would have liked. Though I think I'm just salty/impatient with the market on everything right now and sitting on a lot of cash but in a place where I refuse to overpay and also unsure if that money might become more critical in the next few years.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like flashy/unique, so somewhere in between the 2 I would have liked. Though I think I'm just salty/impatient with the market on everything right now and sitting on a lot of cash but in a place where I refuse to overpay and also unsure if that money might become more critical in the next few years.

Definitely a good time to be patient.

Hekotat

Definitely looks better, I looked at the previous gen and just felt too old to own one due to how it looked, it looks like it was designed for only teenagers to drive, which is comical when you look at the price.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Perma-bear YouTuber, but still has some interesting points about current auto loan situation:

2022-07-25 10.49.53 twitter.com 82404ac70a89.png

2022-07-25 10.50.31 twitter.com afdc3fb0d5d8.png

2022-07-25 10.52.28 twitter.com 27b62e73a062.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's awesome for people with common sense. Means more cars available for less money pretty soon.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
That was a good read, and it makes sense. I wonder how it will effect the high end market.

I visit BringATrailer almost daily, and I've noticed there has been a significant increase in the number of auctions that have not met reserve.

Now, on the one hand, I would think people with high end cars have more disposable income, so this shouldn't affect them as much.

On the other hand, I'm sure there's a significant amount of people who buy these exotics cars on loan who can't really afford them normally, so these might get repo'd in the near future and re-enter the market.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Definitely looks better, I looked at the previous gen and just felt too old to own one due to how it looked, it looks like it was designed for only teenagers to drive, which is comical when you look at the price.

Not sure how many $50,000 Civics they will sell, but things are nuts right now. Hopefully it cools off by the end of the year and gets back to a state where the buyer has the leverage.

Hekotat

Not sure how many $50,000 Civics they will sell, but things are nuts right now. Hopefully it cools off by the end of the year and gets back to a state where the buyer has the leverage.

Even a non-marked up Type R is ludicrously priced for it's intended market, it's not wonder younger generations aren't interested in cars. All the fun ones are unaffordable, even used.

I just hope we come back down to a point where I can get an E30/MK2 GTi or something for 2-5k. However, I doubt E30s will ever come back down. Every time I see one for sale they want 30k for a completely beat to shit E30 and it's always a middle eastern guy.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hell yes, Hyundai. Make this shit happen! Fuck EV bullshit.

gallery-02-n-vision74-p.jpg

gallery-05-n-vision74-p.jpg

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Even a non-marked up Type R is ludicrously priced for it's intended market, it's not wonder younger generations aren't interested in cars. All the fun ones are unaffordable, even used.

I just hope we come back down to a point where I can get an E30/MK2 GTi or something for 2-5k. However, I doubt E30s will ever come back down. Every time I see one for sale they want 30k for a completely beat to shit E30 and it's always a middle eastern guy.
I dunno about that, our generation wasn't modifying expensive cars. We had old mustangs, civics, accords, DSMs, camaros. Now that we are all older and porsches, corvettes, teslas, and others seem in reach, the basic cars aren't "fun" anymore. I first went to the dragstrip and ran 15's in my first "fast" car and I thought it was pretty fast at the time.

People are jaded by watching 1700hp cars do runway racing - plenty of fun to be had out there.

You're thinking back to the "cool old cars" of our time like E30's... those are now "classics" and since supply is drying up they are just getting more expensive.

For a comparable thing to when we were young, pick up an 8 year old 370z...

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

Found out they put a turbo muffler on the GTI, never heard of such a thing but luckily Forge Motorsports has a a delete kit so I've ordered that. Not looking forward to replacing it though, looks like a huge pain in the ass.