What vehicle do you drive?

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Found out they put a turbo muffler on the GTI, never heard of such a thing but luckily Forge Motorsports has a a delete kit so I've ordered that. Not looking forward to replacing it though, looks like a huge pain in the ass.
That's a new one. I thought it was some marketing bullshit and you were just talking about getting a new set of mufflers for your car; until I looked it up. Seems like an unnecessary part for a performance loadout, but I guess it's probably on all VW turbo engines or something? Who doesn't like the turbo whirl?!?

Obviously you need to turn that woo woo up to 11 and get some:

Also, here is a guy with an exhaust flow testing machine saying those delete kits don't do shit:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Hell yes, Hyundai. Make this shit happen! Fuck EV bullshit.

gallery-02-n-vision74-p.jpg

gallery-05-n-vision74-p.jpg
That's the best looking car I have seen out of Asia since the GT-R and NSX.

Fucker

Log Wizard
That's a new one. I thought it was some marketing bullshit and you were just talking about getting a new set of mufflers for your car; until I looked it up. Seems like an unnecessary part for a performance loadout, but I guess it's probably on all VW turbo engines or something? Who doesn't like the turbo whirl?!?

Also, here is a guy with an exhaust flow testing machine saying those delete kits don't do shit:
"Turbo muffler"

LOL.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
So finally stateside and actually driving my NX 350 for about a week now, loving it. I made the mistake of immediately linking my phone and using android auto... the Lexus navigation is so much better and fully integrated into the car, wish it would link to google maps but the lexus nav the dash and HUD have so many cooler things going on, turn by turn directions in my windshield is just the tits.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
So finally stateside and actually driving my NX 350 for about a week now, loving it. I made the mistake of immediately linking my phone and using android auto... the Lexus navigation is so much better and fully integrated into the car, wish it would link to google maps but the lexus nav the dash and HUD have so many cooler things going on, turn by turn directions in my windshield is just the tits.
Lol ignore this i figured out how to use both, so now i have full lexus interface and android auto.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

I just want more turbo noises, I've never had a turbo car that is this quiet. At full throttle it's damn near silent even with this massive intake.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just want more turbo noises, I've never had a turbo car that is this quiet. At full throttle it's damn near silent even with this massive intake.
Just don't be one of those guys who puts an obnoxious blow off valve on it.

Hekotat

My dream is to have a 4 rotor some day, the sound makes the hairs on the back of my new stand up. So badass.

• 1Like

Burns

Wrong link!

The paint on this car is incredible for being so old.

I doubt that is original paint. No way a GM factory paint job from the 80s or early 90s holds up like that for 123,800+ miles. Looks like he replaced the plastics/rubber trim, tail lights, turn signals, and at least fog lights; it was probably all done when it was repainted. He is running in KM/H and may be in Europe where a C4 would be really rare (fetch much higher prices). So, in terms of the total value of the car, a good quality repaint might not be such a huge loss.

Unfortunately, those wheels are so fucking ugly they ruin the whole car. Stupid camber makes me irrationally mad, especially on performance cars. The C4 had shit power, but still.

The rim pattern itself is fine though, looks just like my 88 Trans Am GTA rims, but not something I would elect to put on a car, if I was starting from scratch.

P.S. C4s are stupid uncomfortable to ride in. My dad had a few of them and I disliked both ridding in and driving them.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My dream is to have a 4 rotor some day, the sound makes the hairs on the back of my new stand up. So badass.

Not a lot of rotaries left anymore. 3 rotors were decently common a decade ago, but 4s? Probably only a few. You mechanically inclined to make one?

Hekotat

Not a lot of rotaries left anymore. 3 rotors were decently common a decade ago, but 4s? Probably only a few. You mechanically inclined to make one?

I'd have to get the crank made, there are a few shops in the US that do it but it is ludicrously expensive. I think about 30k just for the crank.

One guy ordered a full engine from them about 10 years ago and the delivery driver figured out what it was and stole it. Dude had it insured and UPS tried to give him 500 bucks for it, lol. They ended up finding it on ebay during the debacle. Makes me wonder how it all turned out.

If I get lucky enough to get the crank I can do the rest. I'd love to stuff one in an E30.

Hekotat

I doubt that is original paint. No way a GM factory paint job from the 80s or early 90s holds up like that for 123,800+ miles. Looks like he replaced the plastics trim, tail lights, turn signals, and at least fog lights; it was probably all done when it was repainted. He is running in KM/H and may be in Europe where a C4 would be really rare (fetch much higher prices). So it might be worth more to sink a bunch of money into it.

Unfortunately, those wheels are so fucking ugly they ruin the whole car. Stupid camber makes me irrationally mad, especially on performance cars. The C4 had shit power, but still.

The rim pattern itself is fine though, looks just like my 88 Trans Am GTA rims, but not something I would elect to put on a car, if I was starting from scratch.

P.S. C4s are stupid uncomfortable to ride in. My dad had a few of them and I disliked both ridding in and driving them.

I get the hate, I can even understand it. But I can't deny it is not cool in it's own right, including the stupid wheels and camber. It's such a unique car to do that type of work to and I applaud him for how well it turned out.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I doubt that is original paint. No way a GM factory paint job from the 80s or early 90s holds up like that for 123,800+ miles. Looks like he replaced the plastics/rubber trim, tail lights, turn signals, and at least fog lights; it was probably all done when it was repainted. He is running in KM/H and may be in Europe where a C4 would be really rare (fetch much higher prices). So, in terms of the total value of the car, a good quality repaint might not be such a huge loss.

The European climate is generally much better on paint. I've owned two C4s and both still had good looking original paint at 25+ years old. I've owned a few other GM cars that did get typical clear coat damage around that age but it's usually just the bumpers that need a little touchup work, unlike the 10 year old Buick I had in Florida where if you swiped your hand across the roof the entire paint coat would come off like powdered milk.

I agree on the wheels on the car in the video, even without the ricer stance they would look bad. What these tasteless people don't get is that you can't just pick a wheel off a rack and stick it on any car. A nice looking wheel and a nice looking car can look like shit together because the design language just doesn't match. They'd look much better on a Grand National or something.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

The European climate is generally much better on paint. I've owned two C4s and both still had good looking original paint at 25+ years old. I've owned a few other GM cars that did get typical clear coat damage around that age but it's usually just the bumpers that need a little touchup work, unlike the 10 year old Buick I had in Florida where if you swiped your hand across the roof the entire paint coat would come off like powdered milk.

I agree on the wheels on the car in the video, even without the ricer stance they would look bad. What these tasteless people don't get is that you can't just pick a wheel off a rack and stick it on any car. A nice looking wheel and a nice looking car can look like shit together because the design language just doesn't match. They'd look much better on a Grand National or something.

I agree but everyone has their own taste. I'm not gonna knock the guy for what he likes and I appreciate his dedication and conviction.

As for wheels I completely agree. I've just now found a wheel that I think looks good on the mk8 gti but I'm still not 100% sure I want them. They don't pop on the car and most of the community has really horrible taste in my opinion so I'm holding out for something great.

Below are said wheels.
vivaldi_xLbqlYgrRr.jpg
vivaldi_je2B3idZgN.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users