What vehicle do you drive?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Their cab design is weird. I know that these are eventually supposed to be driverless but until then it’s a shitty design. How do you lean out of that window to give your credentials to a security guard. Needing to hop in and out quickly has been removed as an option since you have to walk through the back of the cab. Where do you sleep? Where does your helper sit for heavy load/unload days? Where does your wife and dog sit, if you’re one of those weird truckers that takes them with you? Where do you bang the hookers?

Definitely designed with a human last approach.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Their cab design is weird. I know that these are eventually supposed to be driverless but until then it’s a shitty design. How do you lean out of that window to give your credentials to a security guard. Needing to hop in and out quickly has been removed as an option since you have to walk through the back of the cab. Where do you sleep? Where does your helper sit for heavy load/unload days? Where does your wife and dog sit, if you’re one of those weird truckers that takes them with you? Where do you bang the hookers?

The sleep area is behind the cab, just like normal. I hadn't thought about the credentials thing, but I like the single center cockpit design and the constant video looking backwards down each side. Also keep in mind it will come with some form of autopilot so the driving itself is a lot less physically and mentally demanding.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
You would have to put chargers in a lot of places. Lot of trucks aren't at the place they are owned overnight. So charges would have to be a lot of places and if you had a parking lot to charge all your trucks for your company you would need a place to park them all overnight while they charge and such or be able to switch out batteries.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
You would have to put chargers in a lot of places. Lot of trucks aren't at the place they are owned overnight. So charges would have to be a lot of places and if you had a parking lot to charge all your trucks for your company you would need a place to park them all overnight while they charge and such or be able to switch out batteries.
Yeah its gonna be a logistical thought exercise putting this all together. I imagine they have some experience since they already built out the supercharger network.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
dat quality control gonna be off the chain
Im not defending Tesla on this one, but please name me a car manufacturer that hasn't had mass recalls, safety defects, etc. Fucked up airbags anyone?
I mean shit, it was an old joke forever not to buy a car that was manufactured on a Monday or Friday.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Don’t need a steering wheel in self driving car anyways. Guy should stop crying.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

It's a general trend with Musk companies to do a clean sheet design, which in and of itself isn't bad but they do tend to throw out a lot of stuff that worked fine. Some things have been done a certain way for so long that people forgot why. It's also why I don't think Tesla is going to hold on to its market share in the long term. More established manufacturers that don't make these stupid design decisions are entering the EV market and once Tesla's first mover advantage is gone, I don't see them amounting to much unless they start to seriously mature as a car manufacturer.

Imagine trying to sell someone on the idea of a gasoline engine Tesla. It's immediately obvious that it's just a generic, badly built car full of anti-consumer features whose only redeeming factor is being a usable electric vehicle. Maybe it's also trendy but trends by definition don't last.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
It's a general trend with Musk companies to do a clean sheet design, which in and of itself isn't bad but they do tend to throw out a lot of stuff that worked fine. Some things have been done a certain way for so long that people forgot why. It's also why I don't think Tesla is going to hold on to its market share in the long term. More established manufacturers that don't make these stupid design decisions are entering the EV market and once Tesla's first mover advantage is gone, I don't see them amounting to much unless they start to seriously mature as a car manufacturer.

Imagine trying to sell someone on the idea of a gasoline engine Tesla. It's immediately obvious that it's just a generic, badly built car full of anti-consumer features whose only redeeming factor is being a usable electric vehicle. Maybe it's also trendy but trends by definition don't last.
I don't know if you own/drive one or not, but after the initial "oddness" wears off, the clean smooth lines are just aesthetically nicer (in my opinion). I control the entire car via screen or voice. I don't have 20 various knobs, buttons, levers everywhere.

I get in my wife's jeep and it's just.. ugly and outdated. Again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this is just my opinion.

1675428151712.png

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Im not defending Tesla on this one, but please name me a car manufacturer that hasn't had mass recalls, safety defects, etc. Fucked up airbags anyone?
I mean shit, it was an old joke forever not to buy a car that was manufactured on a Monday or Friday.
Yes, every company has recalls. Tesla is pretty much the only car company that has things falling off new cars and whose safety features kill the occupants of the car. US car manufacturers are a huge joke, but Tesla is the worst by a huge margin. Zero QC and zero desire on their part to manufacture a vehicle that is at least marginal in the quality department.

Steering wheel falling off on the first drive home isn't the worst I've seen. One of them burned itself to the ground a few miles after it was picked up for the first time. Pretty soon, Tesla will be including Nomex suits and bags of marshmallows standard with each car purchase.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know if you own/drive one or not, but after the initial "oddness" wears off, the clean smooth lines are just aesthetically nicer (in my opinion). I control the entire car via screen or voice. I don't have 20 various knobs, buttons, levers everywhere.

I get in my wife's jeep and it's just.. ugly and outdated. Again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this is just my opinion.

View attachment 456748

I've driven one but it's not something I'd be interested in owning. I don't hate the clean look, just think they've sacrificed usability and safety too much. I can't think of a worse interface for a driver controlling a moving vehicle than a touchscreen and I have no idea why it's legal when using a smartphone gets you a stiff fine and points on your license in most countries.

Also don't like the general anti-consumer attitude Tesla has. Poor QA, not delivering on features paid for, using owners as beta testers, attempting to lock people into their repair service etc.

• 2Like

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Yes, every company has recalls. Tesla is pretty much the only car company that has things falling off new cars and whose safety features kill the occupants of the car. US car manufacturers are a huge joke, but Tesla is the worst by a huge margin. Zero QC and zero desire on their part to manufacture a vehicle that is at least marginal in the quality department.

Steering wheel falling off on the first drive home isn't the worst I've seen. One of them burned itself to the ground a few miles after it was picked up for the first time. Pretty soon, Tesla will be including Nomex suits and bags of marshmallows standard with each car purchase.

Picking on Tesla is like picking on white people at this point. It's whatever the media wants you to see. You won't see black people killing whites on MSM, but you will see whites killing blacks. Same with Tesla, people are so anti-Elon any little problem with Tesla gets amplified 10000%. You included.

Your post is so full of hyperbole it's ridiculous, as if people are dying left and right just from driving Teslas. Let's not forget a dude just drove his family off a cliff in a Tesla and they all survived.

Tesla has never had a major recall where you actually had to bring cars in. I remember reading about a major recall from Tesla, it turned out it was just an over-the-internet thing that fixed it.

Maybe you aren't familiar with actual catastrophic recalls, like Toyota and their break failure that actually led to deaths back in early 2000s.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Imbecile

Fucker

Log Wizard
Picking on Tesla is like picking on white people at this point. It's whatever the media wants you to see. You won't see black people killing whites on MSM, but you will see whites killing blacks. Same with Tesla, people are so anti-Elon any little problem with Tesla gets amplified 10000%. You included.

Your post is so full of hyperbole it's ridiculous, as if people are dying left and right just from driving Teslas. Let's not forget a dude just drove his family off a cliff in a Tesla and they all survived.

Tesla has never had a major recall where you actually had to bring cars in. I remember reading about a major recall from Tesla, it turned out it was just an over-the-internet thing that fixed it.

Maybe you aren't familiar with actual catastrophic recalls, like Toyota and their break failure that actually led to deaths back in early 2000s.
I never said they were killing people left and right. That's hyperbole and it's all yours.

Catastrophic Toyota recall? The one where it was pedal misapplication? THAT recall? LOL.

Funny how you accuse me of hyperbole then go tits out on it yourself.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I never said they were killing people left and right. That's hyperbole and it's all yours.

Catastrophic Toyota recall? The one where it was pedal misapplication? THAT recall? LOL.

Funny how you accuse me of hyperbole then go tits out on it yourself.

Pedal misapplication? How many people died from the "pedal misapplication"?

What I am saying is that people have died from major problems with other car manufacturer's, so problems with manufacturing is not just about Tesla.

Let's also not forget Tesla has done something no other car manufacturer has ever done up until it's existence - made a commercially viable electric car. It's because of Tesla, for better or worse, that we now have this push to make all cars electric. Tesla is the first new car company to succeed in America in what....over 100 years? It's also trying to innovate in the self-driving arena.

It's easy to copy and improve on other people's designs, it's harder to come out with something original and get it right the first time. I'm willing to give Tesla some slack considering they are pushing the envelope on car technology. If anything, I think it's remarkable there aren't more problems with Tesla cars given they had to design entirely new manufacturing techniques and not just rely on what Ford, Honda, GM, etc. have done for decades.

Also, I didn't say you said Teslas were killing people left and right. I meant if they were, it would be an actual issue. You're just making an issue out of one car losing it's steering wheel. Something that would never have made the news.....except it's a Tesla. So people like you get off on it.

EDIT: Providing a link since you want to downplay the issues with the Toyota cars: Toyota "Unintended Acceleration" Has Killed 89

Last edited:

Fucker

Log Wizard
Pedal misapplication? How many people died from the "pedal misapplication"?

What I am saying is that people have died from major problems with other car manufacturer's, so problems with manufacturing is not just about Tesla.

Let's also not forget Tesla has done something no other car manufacturer has ever done up until it's existence - made a commercially viable electric car. It's because of Tesla, for better or worse, that we now have this push to make all cars electric. Tesla is the first new car company to succeed in America in what....over 100 years? It's also trying to innovate in the self-driving arena.

It's easy to copy and improve on other people's designs, it's harder to come out with something original and get it right the first time. I'm willing to give Tesla some slack considering they are pushing the envelope on car technology. If anything, I think it's remarkable there aren't more problems with Tesla cars given they had to design entirely new manufacturing techniques and not just rely on what Ford, Honda, GM, etc. have done for decades.

Also, I didn't say you said Teslas were killing people left and right. I meant if they were, it would be an actual issue. You're just making an issue out of one car losing it's steering wheel. Something that would never have made the news.....except it's a Tesla. So people like you get off on it.

EDIT: Providing a link since you want to downplay the issues with the Toyota cars: Toyota "Unintended Acceleration" Has Killed 89
It was determined the cause was from people throwing floor mats on top of other floor mats which would then jam the accelerator pedal. The recall was because people were stupid, not an engineering issue with Toyota. They tried to blame the accelerator pedal, then the computers, then the programming. In the end, the crashes were caused by user error. Incorrect floor mat installation and pedal misapplication.

Keep trying.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I can appreciate it, but the styling and size are definitely not for me.

With the recent price drops, we're thinking about swapping out our M3 for a MY. The extra range and space is very temping.

MX is nice, but the S gives you better range and 0-60 times if you care about that stuff. You get extra stuff for free like the Homelink. I think it's 3-500 otherwise, or there's a subscription one(lol) for an aftermarket one. It feels awesome when you get home from work, it folds your side mirrors, raises the suspension and opens the garage door for you automatically. Goddamn Spy Hunter car =D

Just know that it's lower to the ground, so if anyone old gets in your car they'll bitch compared to the Y / X.

Steering wheels and glass rooftops coming off are for sure unacceptable, but I agree with you for the other articles. What would normally not be a story is instantly one if a TESLA(!) is involved. I've also gotten better at filtering out the ones put out by $TSLA shorters, which are annoying. The best one though was the thrashing one short seller gave to that Nikola scam company lol.

Nikola: How to Parlay An Ocean of Lies Into a Partnership With the Largest Auto OEM in America

Last edited:

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
It was determined the cause was from people throwing floor mats on top of other floor mats which would then jam the accelerator pedal. The recall was because people were stupid, not an engineering issue with Toyota. They tried to blame the accelerator pedal, then the computers, then the programming. In the end, the crashes were caused by user error. Incorrect floor mat installation and pedal misapplication.

Keep trying.

Holy Cow.

I had no idea Fucker was short for Jap Fucker. Look at you, the Toyota apologist.

Thousands of people have problems with Toyotas...."It's the driver's fault!"

One person loses their steering wheel on a Tesla.... "Tesla's suck! Their quality control is just the worst!"

I mean, do you even hear yourself?

Then again, you probably can't. You are the literal living embodiment of Dunning-Kruger.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Imbecile