What vehicle do you drive?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's very misleading. It's not that all their cars went up by 43%. The range average for the whole company is up because they have more top end models than they do mid or low.
I know, they essentially don't care about the lower tier market at all.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am having a difficult time trying to figure out whether or not to wait a few more months before buying a new truck. All indications would show that New vehicles might go down as both inventory and Interest rates increase. The problem is that inflation is also still going up. That will increase the eventual costs for making the vehicle.

So, should I start looking around now, or wait until at least summer? Thankfully we did not trade in the Honda when we bought my wife's Subaru back in 2019( Fucking great timing on that purchase and trade-in decision), so I am not obligated to purchase right now.
I’d wait until after tax return season if you can. People juiced up with a cash infusion are going to buy and after that I expect car purchase will decline massively.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was reading that May might be a good point to start looking. That would be a couple of months past returns and the month revolves around show room vehicles and such for current year.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Trying to time the market is usually a fool's game. And if you do figure out how to do it, you should be making billions on wall street, not trying to get a good deal on a used car.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I need used vehicle prices to peak the day before they call me that my Cybertruck order is ready.
Hopefully they are extremely low so one day you can look back and thank the used car price crash for saving you from such an embarrassingly bad decision.

• 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hopefully they are extremely low so one day you can look back and thank the used car price crash for saving you from such an embarrassingly bad decision.
Probably 2025 before they actually produce it so we could all be burnt in nuclear fire before I have to worry about it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Trying to time the market is usually a fool's game. And if you do figure out how to do it, you should be making billions on wall street, not trying to get a good deal on a used car.
This is a stupid statement, car markets aren’t like stock markets at all. When you see the used car market climbing every month, you can just go sell your used car for a high price. Maybe you miss a peak by a few weeks but you’re talking hundreds of dollars missed, not millions and billions. It’s so predictable that banks use it as one of the leading indicators of economic factors.

• 1OK, Sure

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lol Araysar Araysar . Such a Gerald move. Imagine spending money on a truck that can’t tow anything near that of a cheaper diesel HD truck.
Did you stalk Zaara Zaara the same way? If so, Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule we may need to institute some anti-stalking laws in our community. This used to be such a nice place before we allowed the Folgers of the world to walk across the border.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was reading that May might be a good point to start looking. That would be a couple of months past returns and the month revolves around show room vehicles and such for current year.
Before the Wuhanic Plague and recent car market shenanigans the winter months were the lowest prices of the year (from what I had seen when I had Manheim access). The sportier the car, the larger the fluctuation between winter and summer. Now days, there probably isn't enough data for anyone to really guess what prices will do, with much accuracy. Presumably, this is causing havoc with a lot a dealers around the nation too. As it's difficult to manage your margins when you can't reliably predict prices.

At the least, an informed buyer is much more difficult to be taken advantage of, so you can always start pricing out vehicles across the country now and have 3+ months of data to compare, when going to buy. If you are looking at a bunch of different models, it also helps to narrow things down and be knowledgeable on 2 or 3 options.

It is close to impossible to get a "good deal" from a dealer, but you can make sure you get a "fair price," with enough research.

The only good deals are used cars from a personal sale or dealer auction (if you happen to know someone with a license to buy from Manheim).

Last edited:
  • 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My last used car I went to literally like 20 dealerships and used car lots. I had pretty specific requirements based on research I had done with regard to price, mileage, and features. Dealer shopping was a complete waste of time. They didn't have what I wanted but wasted hours trying to talk me into buying something that they did have. Used Car lots were much better but still didn't find a match. Finally found exactly what I wanted on Craigslist a couple of months after the dealership blitz and it's worked out great. If you have time, personal sale is the way to go. I also have a theory that people who love their cars and take immaculate care of them are more likely to sell them themselves too. I have bought two cars from private sellers and they were both spotless and had complete maintenance records etc.

• 3Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
My last used car I went to literally like 20 dealerships and used car lots. I had pretty specific requirements based on research I had done with regard to price, mileage, and features. Dealer shopping was a complete waste of time. They didn't have what I wanted but wasted hours trying to talk me into buying something that they did have. Used Car lots were much better but still didn't find a match. Finally found exactly what I wanted on Craigslist a couple of months after the dealership blitz and it's worked out great. If you have time, personal sale is the way to go. I also have a theory that people who love their cars and take immaculate care of them are more likely to sell them themselves too. I have bought two cars from private sellers and they were both spotless and had complete maintenance records etc.
Another good indicator is looking at the seller's house/property/garage. People who keep those in top condition generally also keep their vehicles up, too. I was flipping through CL and noticed a 5 y/o Ford SUV with 70k+ miles. As new in and out and full records. House/lawn/garage completely spotless. Not my cup of tea but it was in perfect shape.

I always sell my vehicles, never trade in. It is only a minor pain compared to making a whole lot more money on the sale. A sale or three and that money starts to stack pretty high.

I have to go dealership route for a SUV I want. Almost none are ever FSBO. Not a big deal because this is dead time for them and I am getting a solid deal even after shipping.

• 3Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I need used vehicle prices to peak the day before they call me that my Cybertruck order is ready.

Lol Araysar Araysar . Such a Gerald move. Imagine spending money on a truck that can’t tow anything near that of a cheaper diesel HD truck.

Jesus what a colossal faggot. If there is any doubt that this pathetic Jew cuck Gerald was buying these Teslas just so he could get half a glance from some aging Long Island Yenta outside his kid's school when he drops them off, that doubt is now absolutely gone.

I bet his wife looks like Gerald's wife too.

season 20 20x4 GIF by South Park

• 1Ice Burn

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I have broken you beyond all repair.

Pathetic indeed.

LMAO, you should take that as a compliment. I'm surprised you could get a wife at all consider how pathetic and insecure you are.

Oh well, maybe thats why you married the sexiest of the sexiest: A Jewish accountant from Long Island

• 1Worf

Sludig

I had to buy a car because some dickhead blew a red light and totaled my car. Good news is insurance paid me $3k more than what the dealer was offering me on a trade in. The only reason I got the car I wanted is someone had ordered the same model I wanted and couldn’t get financing for it.

Rates are fucked for auto loans. I got 4.1% on 48 months. They originally came out with 6.5% at 72 months.
We basically decided to pay cash out of our farm expenses savings and just pay it back to ourselves at 1% interest. Just lucky to have the scratch to not be stuck at these rates.

Sludig

Drove by this boosted 370z on a small lot by chance. looks clean but risky as hell. been in an accident and between here and Texas you see nothing but sketchy 370s with engine swaps or otherwise poor running after being molested by Mexican riders.

If i hadn't just got my mustang I'd have flirted with it. though sounds like wife vaguely interested in it over miata which we havnt locked into yet

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This really bums me out, I was lucky enough to get to go to the US one before it was shutdown as well.

"Due to climate change". Ho-lee shit, what a load of garbage. That many people gathering in a space once per year adds fuck-all to the "climate change". Fucking Europe is so far up its own ass with bullshit politics and made up crisis....

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users