What vehicle do you drive?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Got this last night. Been rolling the Dad Van for the last 4 years, quite the change thing is huge. Pretty happy that I do not have to worry about the winters anymore:)

P_20160826_163648.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Nice truck, but what's up with that driveway behind it? Can a truck even fit under that awning with that kind of angle on the driveway?

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Downpipe is almost done. Should have it complete tomorrow night. More pics soon. We should have the intercooler plumbed complete by Monday.

6Iau6Op.jpg
g1Bn7rj.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

Ordered cams two weeks ago expecting them to show up before my 5 days of vacation. They forgot to ship them so it won't be until Tuesday, RAGGGEE!!!!

DP looks good, so does the downpipe.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Damn dude that sucks. I have to run to a local shop today and pick up some 3 inch 90s and a 2.5 L elbow to finish ic piping.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So Honda called me and told me that the Pilot we want no longer exists anywhere in province. Now they're trying to get me to buy the upgraded option instead.

Yeah ... fuck off.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
So Honda called me and told me that the Pilot we want no longer exists anywhere in province. Now they're trying to get me to buy the upgraded option instead.

Yeah ... fuck off.
This happens which means y'all may be fucked. Call other Honda dealership to confirm. Or better yet, be like "HERE IS MY STORY. OMFG THIS DEALERSHIP PROMISED ME THIS CAR AND THEY LIED TO ME BLAB BLAH BLAH IT WAS PERFECT CAR FOR ME AND MY WIFE BECAUSE IT FIT MT BUDGET BLAH BLAH BLAH NOW THEY ARE TELLING ME THEY CANT FIND THE CAR BLAH BLAH BLAH ONLY UPGRADED MODEL REMAINS BLAH BLAH BLAH WE CANT BUDGET OURSELF TO THE CAR ANYMORE BLAH BLAH BLAH I AM WONDERING IF YOU CAN FIND SOMETHING SIMILAR TO OUR CAR IN OUR PRICE RANGE AND WE WILL GO TO YOUR DEALERSHIP TODAY AND SIGN EVERYTHING BLAH BLAH BLAH."

See if they bite. You might just get yourself upgraded model at the price of lower trim. Be super outraged. Go insane. I will do it for you if you like.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Nice truck, but what's up with that driveway behind it? Can a truck even fit under that awning with that kind of angle on the driveway?
LOL .. no idea. It is just some random house on the same street I did an inspection on.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Got them to knock off $1700 off the price and got the AWD Pilot.

My new minivan dreams are over.

At least I've still got my 2007 Sienna.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i own a 92 Chrylser Le Baron
1992_Chrysler_LeBaron_GTC.jpg

owned one in the 90s. i had that car for 11 years and loved it. after it died, i had a few beaters, but i still missed my old convertible. i said, fuck it and looked for another. found it 6 years ago and have no regrets to this day. cheap to fix and when i fix it it stays fixed. car has awesome traction in bad weather (snow) due to front wheel drive+v6 engine.
best part is in NJ they passed a law 4 months ago that all vehicles 1995 and earlier are exempted from vehicle inspection.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i own a 92 Chrylser Le Baron
View attachment 10313
owned one in the 90s. i had that car for 11 years and loved it. after it died, i had a few beaters, but i still missed my old convertible. i said, fuck it and looked for another. found it 6 years ago and have no regrets to this day. cheap to fix and when i fix it it stays fixed. car has awesome traction in bad weather (snow) due to front wheel drive+v6 engine.
best part is in NJ they passed a law 4 months ago that all vehicles 1995 and earlier are exempted from vehicle inspection.
Looks so sweet..

• 1Like

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Got the downpipe wrapped today and finished the mock up for the ic and intake, plus all the plumbing. Exhaust gets made Tuesday.

78tE3Vj.jpg

fJkLR1D.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Errr... why put the intake right in front of the airflow for your heat exchangers? Turn the intake the other way down into the fender and clean up that airflow.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
There's no room for it anywhere else. We're building a shroud for it to prevent buffetting. Most guys put them in the engine bay on the hot side, it's even worse. Also I'll get plenty of airflow on the IC and radiator, plus i have huge fans on the other side of the radiator.

Edit to clarify:

The L series motors run the turbo and the throttle body on the same side of the motor, so placement of larger aftermarket parts becomes tricky. Also, this build uses a Ford cobra 4inch MAF. It has to be a minimum of 10 inches straight (in 4 inch pipe) off the MAF, and 20+ inches from the turbo, where it is now is 26.

Last edited:

Hekotat

Couldn't you just place the filter right before the bend that goes in front of the rad/intercooler?