What vehicle do you drive?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm too lazy to search through this thread so can any bros tell me if they have any experience with the new Subaru WRXs? I've got an 06 mustang GT and a beater Wrangler I drive in the winter. Looking for something I can drive year round that is fun but practical for Ohio winters.

I've owned three over the years. What do you want to know?

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm too lazy to search through this thread so can any bros tell me if they have any experience with the new Subaru WRXs? I've got an 06 mustang GT and a beater Wrangler I drive in the winter. Looking for something I can drive year round that is fun but practical for Ohio winters.
Dope car.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Anyone know if this is a custom jeep or some weird rare model? I was originally thinking it's custom but this is the second one I've seen in the last couple years. Googled Jeep North Shore and came up with shit.
quvxZL0.jpg

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Just looks like a CJ with custom work to me. No idea what North Shore means.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
@Butthurt drives one

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
North Shore could be one of those annoying ass dealer plaques they stick on cars these days.

Shit looks dope Madruk! I hope to get my cams in this week and post some pics up as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

It does look Hawaiin'ish. I mean look at that sweet ass Tuco bumper, the type of wood and all the palm trees scream islander.

Where was this taken?

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Yeah, I took it to mean Hawaii North Shore as well with the logs and such. This pic was taken in LA.

I wish I had a picture of the first one I saw. The logs and trunk on the back looked like Koa maybe and the interior reminded me of the sort of leather you'd find in a fancy cigar bar. Was really slick looking.

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
So we made some progress on the Z. After hours of mapping things out, we think we have the right plumbing layout now for the intake and intercooler. I ended up needed to have a custom IC made to fit correctly, and it took a little magic to properly fit 10 inches of 4 inch piping for the maf and intake (as in, had to remove the hood struts). Here's the early build of the downpipe. Still have a little adjustments to make before we weld it all up.

View attachment 3485
I would delete the second last piece of pipe and run it from there down, looks like it adds an extra bend in the line.
less bends the better.
Will it have a external wastegate and screamer or plumbed back into the main exhaust?

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I keep checking this thread, just for the Datsun updates, lol. I know it sounds lame, but I can't wait for some startup vids. The only engine smaller than a V8 that I liked the sound of was the 2JZGTE in my Supra. If yours sounds anything close to that it'll be great.

• 1Like

Madikus

Knows nothing.
latheboy latheboy Yea we still planned to clock it a bit more. My brother is the fabricator and went on vacation so it's sitting in his garage for now. Work resumes next week, so no updates till then. Part of the reason it's that way is because we have to drop below the tranny. We hoped to squeeze it along the tunnel but there's just no room.

The wastegate will dump to atmosphere. We're gonna run a pipe out a few inches straight as far as we can then bend it down at a similar angle to the exhaust. We can bend the 2'' pipe so no pie cuts there.

Burren Burren Thanks! I promise to keep them coming. As for the engine/exhaust note, it should make testicles drop. We're running a completely open 3'' exhaust with just a couple resonators to keep it somewhat under control since I will be driving it daily in Orange County, CA, and the cops here are real dickbutts.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Here's a small update - my wheels! These are what are going on the car. Work Equip 01. Running 15x9 -28 front and 15x10 -28 rear. With my ZG flares, they will JUST fit inside the lip with no camber adjustments needed. We still have to cut the fenders a bit for clearance. Without the flares, they poke about 1.5'' in the front and 2.25'' in the rear.

Hekotat

Here's a small update - my wheels! These are what are going on the car. Work Equip 01. Running 15x9 -28 front and 15x10 -28 rear. With my ZG flares, they will JUST fit inside the lip with no camber adjustments needed. We still have to cut the fenders a bit for clearance. Without the flares, they poke about 1.5'' in the front and 2.25'' in the rear.

Huge fan of those Equips. I really want the CR-01's or some re-barreled SSR Longchamps.

Cams finally shipping out today or tomorrow, I hope to get the engine completed in a few weeks. That's if I stop getting my ass kicked at work. I'll post up some pics once things get done.