What vehicle do you drive?

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I can't think of one. At least in a lawyers case, you can represent yourself in court if you really want to.

And people who do that validate the case for using an attorney every single time.

Contrast that with car dealers who actively obstruct the manufacturer from selling cars in order to make personal profit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Dosn't Tesla have a model where they sell directly to customers, but some states are like "nuh uh. u cant do dat"

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Dosn't Tesla have a model where they sell directly to customers, but some states are like "nuh uh. u cant do dat"

Yea, and you cannot buy Teslas in those states. You "buy" it out of state but then they deliver it to you in your state. It's a hassle but they are not going to open dealerships.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The states are saying it, but it's really coming from the lobbying done by dealerships.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm working on getting dat Honda Pilot cost down now.

I'm pretty pumped to own an actual new-new car.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Pilot felt better driving.

Plus a lot of the bells and whistles come with its base model

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
"Give me your bottom line."

"yes, how much discount would you like."

"Give me your bottom line."

"We gave you the price, ma'am. "

"give me your bottom line."

"What would you be okay with spending?"

"car is like grocery store. You go and if you like the price, you buy."

"Okay, what price would you like?"

"What is your bottom line."

"Okay - Goes to Manager"

- get $800 off to test water.

"Here you go. Are you okay with that?"

"No."

Walks away.

Reaches out and say,

"One sec, do you want to speak to my manager?"

"No, you can call me."

*2 hours later*

"Can I speak to XXX?"

"Yeah, whos this."

"This is XXX from XXX."

"Oh yeah, she is pissed off. Good bye."

"She is pissed off?" jokingly

"Good bye!."

"lol okay."

people are fucked.

Siliconemelons

Stop trying to QQ car dealers and salesmen not making any money. Every car that drives off the lot makes them good money, front office and back office and manufacture incentives. And that's just 3 known sources for "profit" there are tons more. Edmunds did a decent undercover salesmen article a few years ago - its old but still fairly relevant information.

The new/old tactic "Look at the invoice! this is what we paid for the car!" is also bull

No car on the lot is purchased outright, its financed to the dealership at very low interest from the manufacturer - that's why end of the month matters - and it lines up with quotas and incentive numbers etc. but mostly its, they do not want to pay on that car or pay their own interest charges. And there is no way they are paying invoice prices - if you have noticed in the past few years, thanks to the interwebs that invoice price has been more public that the % difference between invoice and MSRP has suddenly shrunk. A standard car that was 20k MSRP used to be like 15k invoice, now its like 18k - invoice price is just the new "target price" that dealers let out to the public. TueCar is also crap and the dealers would LOVE to have people just come in and be like "I want the truecar price" - I bet the printer cant print fast enough for them to get you to sign.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Nothing like trying to buy a product from a company whose main job is to fuck you as hard as they can. Thanks lobbyists!

Brakes on the ST didn't make it 30k miles, seems most people get 20k miles out of them tops. I ordered a set of Mountune RS-R front and rear pads and some front rotors since mine are all fucked up. I also picked up an intake as well. I'm getting plenty of turbo noises now but it didn't come alive like my SRT-4 did back in the day.
Rbv1Y7X.jpg

Also, I finally picked up my old conrods from the machine shop. I'm wondering if I can get them machined and have a second set or sell them. Only overheated one of them.
YYYwBrm.jpg

z5DUMk9.jpg

Kaou

Molten Core Raider
I used to work at Toyota as a salesman, it was a shitty job. I averaged like 8 cars a month, My highest month I sold 15 cars, but that's a once in a blue moon thing. I remember they were pushing for education on sales, the guys that did well usually took 1 or 2 extra lessons a week of their own time.

Also, New cars netted me pennies, all my income came from used cars, there's usually 2-3k of marked up prices in them, depends on how much the dealership bought the car off that sweet old lady for. I once sold a used Prius for 15k and it netted me $1500ish in commissions, but if i sold a brand new $35,000 Prius without any negotiating, id' get about 400 bucks.

so yea, don't be so hard on the sales guy on a brand new car, there's really nothing in them, but on a used car, go batshit crazy!

^ this is basically how i sold cars lol

• 1Rustled

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Stop trying to QQ car dealers and salesmen not making any money. Every car that drives off the lot makes them good money, front office and back office and manufacture incentives. And that's just 3 known sources for "profit" there are tons more. Edmunds did a decent undercover salesmen article a few years ago - its old but still fairly relevant information.

The new/old tactic "Look at the invoice! this is what we paid for the car!" is also bull

No car on the lot is purchased outright, its financed to the dealership at very low interest from the manufacturer - that's why end of the month matters - and it lines up with quotas and incentive numbers etc. but mostly its, they do not want to pay on that car or pay their own interest charges. And there is no way they are paying invoice prices - if you have noticed in the past few years, thanks to the interwebs that invoice price has been more public that the % difference between invoice and MSRP has suddenly shrunk. A standard car that was 20k MSRP used to be like 15k invoice, now its like 18k - invoice price is just the new "target price" that dealers let out to the public. TueCar is also crap and the dealers would LOVE to have people just come in and be like "I want the truecar price" - I bet the printer cant print fast enough for them to get you to sign.

Made dealership $6000 on the front end and $2000 on the back on another deal.

$1306 commission.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hekotat Hekotat Don't reuse internal parts if they've been stressed. It's not worth the risk. Turn them into some kind of neat furniture or ornamental piece for your house.

• 1Like

Madikus

Knows nothing.
So we made some progress on the Z. After hours of mapping things out, we think we have the right plumbing layout now for the intake and intercooler. I ended up needed to have a custom IC made to fit correctly, and it took a little magic to properly fit 10 inches of 4 inch piping for the maf and intake (as in, had to remove the hood struts). Here's the early build of the downpipe. Still have a little adjustments to make before we weld it all up.

3jXylqv.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

kazjim

Blackwing Lair Raider
Old school style cruisers are my thing...

1988, '88 Vulcan 1500
US import (Cali model)

Utterly mind-bending torque . . . much more than the old Harley I had.

Gd3BBs8.jpg

And the other one in the garage . . .

'04 VN800 Bobber... 'Bad Wolf'

P4blcSX.jpg

And the previously-mentioned Harley (Now sold)
XLH1000 - Sporty - heavily modified into a 'brat' racer.

w58Szwf.jpg

• 1Like

Praetorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm too lazy to search through this thread so can any bros tell me if they have any experience with the new Subaru WRXs? I've got an 06 mustang GT and a beater Wrangler I drive in the winter. Looking for something I can drive year round that is fun but practical for Ohio winters.