What vehicle do you drive?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
WTB Mazdaspeed MX5 again. Stupid Mazda. They are going to get crushed once the S2000, 124 Abarth and who knows what else comes back into the market. They have the perfect driving track car and just refuse to sell one specced for performance from the factory.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah I never understood that about the Miata, however, they finally made one where the styling actually appeals to me.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yeah I never understood that about the Miata, however, they finally made one where the styling actually appeals to me.
Well they were always decent, the gaping whore mouth grill design just fell flat last gen for sure. This one is OK but for the same chassis the 124 looks way more appealing IMO.

Oh well.

Hekotat

I hate those and the Boxster's for a long time, mainly due to not really being about to differentiate between the front and rear of the vehicle. Now the question is would you pay 20k for the same weight and power as a 1st gen with an engine swap, or save a ton of cash and buy said 1st gen? They definitely need a damn turbo option.

Hekotat

Hit the dyno last night, very disappointing numbers since my fuel pump was failing and my intake was holding me back. I still almost tripled my torque and almost doubled my hp.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
...and the numbers were???

Looks really clean from the dark and blurry vids. But, it doesn't appear to be slammed, stanced, or generally ruined, so you're way ahead of the game already. Even if you're only pushing 150-200 at the wheels, in a car that light it would be a lot of fun.

Marmac

Molten Core Raider
Hit the dyno last night, very disappointing numbers since my fuel pump was failing and my intake was holding me back. I still almost tripled my torque and almost doubled my hp.

Sounds pretty nice
wink.png

Marmac

Molten Core Raider
What do you guys think of the new Acura NSX? Worth the money? It's one sweet looking car but I think I'd still take the Nissan GTR over the NSX any day.

Hekotat

...and the numbers were???

Looks really clean from the dark and blurry vids. But, it doesn't appear to be slammed, stanced, or generally ruined, so you're way ahead of the game already. Even if you're only pushing 150-200 at the wheels, in a car that light it would be a lot of fun.
A dismal 132whp and 128tq. All power fell off @6500rpm due to the 30 year old fuel pump not being able to keep up. I thought it would be okay but I was wrong. I should be in the 150-170hp range once I get a new intake manifold and fuel pump. It feels much better than factory but I hate short shifting redline by 1500rpm.

It's lowered but not slammed, I want to be able to drive it on the street. I'll post up more pictures once I get the front bumper brackets fabricated and installed.

I love the new NSX over the Skyline. The Skyline was one of my favorite cars growing up but the new one is way to luxury and not enough sporty unless you mod the shit out of it. I know it puts down good power but it feels too tame. I'd take the classic NSX over both.

EDIT: Only shot I really have of it right now.

rrr_img_130078.jpg

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
What do you guys think of the new Acura NSX? Worth the money? It's one sweet looking car but I think I'd still take the Nissan GTR over the NSX any day.
They're two completely different types of cars, the GT-R is a sterile sled that either only goes straight or lets the computers do the driving for you around corners. If all you care about is numbers on a sheet then the GT-R is for you. If you want to actually have fun, go buy a miata or an S2000 or a cayman or an E36 M3 and actually learn to drive on a racetrack.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Rather get a GT-R or lightly used Ferrari 458. Neat car but not what I was hoping it'd be.
Yea let me know the first time your 458 needs any kind of work due to being tracked, and how that hurts the resale value. Lol. They are great cars but unless you are literally lighting money on fire they will never be driven in anger.

mr208

N00b
A dismal 132whp and 128tq. All power fell off @6500rpm due to the 30 year old fuel pump not being able to keep up. I thought it would be okay but I was wrong. I should be in the 150-170hp range once I get a new intake manifold and fuel pump. It feels much better than factory but I hate short shifting redline by 1500rpm.

It's lowered but not slammed, I want to be able to drive it on the street. I'll post up more pictures once I get the front bumper brackets fabricated and installed.

I love the new NSX over the Skyline. The Skyline was one of my favorite cars growing up but the new one is way to luxury and not enough sporty unless you mod the shit out of it. I know it puts down good power but it feels too tame. I'd take the classic NSX over both.

EDIT: Only shot I really have of it right now.

rrr_img_130078.jpg
- 4age 16v 7rib? What have you done to get the hp that high? Dyno chart?
smile.png
I have a 3s in my 87 mr2. Your car makes me smile cause its one I have always wanted.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea let me know the first time your 458 needs any kind of work due to being tracked, and how that hurts the resale value. Lol. They are great cars but unless you are literally lighting money on fire they will never be driven in anger.
Owned one? I haven't but I've got friends that have and between them (three 458 Italias and five 458 Spiders) none have been more expensive to maintain or service than any other exotic. These days, Ferrari and Lamborghini are simply reliable. Never driven in anger huh? Sorry, just isn't true anymore.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Owned one? I haven't but I've got friends that have and between them (three 458 Italias and five 458 Spiders) none have been more expensive to maintain or service than any other exotic. These days, Ferrari and Lamborghini are simply reliable. Never driven in anger huh? Sorry, just isn't true anymore.
By driven in anger I mean on the racetrack where they belong. I know several people with Aventadors and 458's that track them but they are like partners at KPMG and Biglaw firm type guys who don't care one bit about a $20k bill.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
170HP is a lot? What type of car is that? Can't tell besides some sort of 80s or early 90s hatch.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
By driven in anger I mean on the racetrack where they belong. I know several people with Aventadors and 458's that track them but they are like partners at KPMG and Biglaw firm type guys who don't care one bit about a $20k bill.
Tracking is definitely a different animal. Consumables like tires, brakes, and clutches do add up on these cars. Better off with a Porsche or hell, an old Honda.