What vehicle do you drive?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess this site has no image hosting? Looks like it wants external URLs only.

Currently drive a 2013 Land Rover LR4 (Discovery 4).

Waiting for prices and build info for the new Raptor, which should hit the streets this fall.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It's just crazy to me to spend that kind of cash on a truck, but I'll do it in a heartbeat if I could afford it on a car. Do you plan on taking it off road?

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
My rides

3708319974_598accc4ba_z.jpg

Streetcar-1.jpg

3708319974_598accc4ba_z.jpg

Streetcar-1.jpg

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's just crazy to me to spend that kind of cash on a truck, but I'll do it in a heartbeat if I could afford it on a car. Do you plan on taking it off road?

Yes, I live in a desert and it's the perfect environment for what it was designed for. Hell, I put aftermarket wheels and big tires on my Land Rover and wheel it all over the desert. People seem shocked to see it offroad. Clearly have no idea Land Rover heritage. I get what you are saying though. I see trucks back in the US that are decked out and likely never seen so much as a blade of grass off-road.

The Raptor really isn't bad when you break down the parts / mods. It's coming stock with 35" BFG TA/KO2 tires, the lift kit would cost a few grand, beefed up control arms, etc, high output engine, etc it adds up. If you took a stock F-150 and modded it to be similar or equivalent, you'd spend quite a lot.

I will toss a pic of my LR on here when I get home. (imgur blocked at work).

Vinen

God is dead
Shit-ass Subaru WRX STI which is falling apart slowly due to my terrible driving habits in the winter.

Need to get a practical Sedan as I have a kid due in Jan. Can afford a Model S but would stress too much about owning a car which costed that much.

Thinking just a BMW 5 series :|

And yes I have been in this buy a new car holding pattern for 3 years due to my own indecision.

Last edited:

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shit-ass Subaru WRX STI which is falling apart slowly due to my terrible driving habits in the winter.

Need to get a practical Sedan as I have a kid due in Jan. Can afford a Model S but would stress too much about owning a car which costed that much.

Thinking just a BMW 5 series :|

And yes I have been in this buy a new car holding pattern for 3 years due to my own indecision.

All new 5-series is due out soon. Excited to see the changes.

Hekotat

Yes, I live in a desert and it's the perfect environment for what it was designed for. Hell, I put aftermarket wheels and big tires on my Land Rover and wheel it all over the desert. People seem shocked to see it offroad. Clearly have no idea Land Rover heritage. I get what you are saying though. I see trucks back in the US that are decked out and likely never seen so much as a blade of grass off-road.

The Raptor really isn't bad when you break down the parts / mods. It's coming stock with 35" BFG TA/KO2 tires, the lift kit would cost a few grand, beefed up control arms, etc, high output engine, etc it adds up. If you took a stock F-150 and modded it to be similar or equivalent, you'd spend quite a lot.

I will toss a pic of my LR on here when I get home. (imgur blocked at work).

Hell yea! Mad props for actually taking it off road. When Clarkson took that one offroad in the snow I had a broner.

I'm just used to all these DFW guys that have to have a 4x4 truck and it never sees anything worse than a tollway.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Probably in the autumn, as a 2017 model. You need AWD, right? Why not a Legacy or Outback wagon? Going to be a lot less expensive (half the cost of a 5 series with AWD) than the Beemer and more reliable.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Motor is out! Got the new motor mounted last night also. Hopefully it will be ready for plumbing this weekend. We close on our house in 3 weeks so I gotta bust ass or this will end up sitting for months. More updates after the weekend!

CsK7RUE.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Madikus

Knows nothing.
You know, so many guys do this. At the annual Z show at Angel Stadium this year, I probably saw 50 s30's with chevy motors.

Hekotat

A lot of my friends are that way with the LS1, they think it's the answer to everything. While I do agree that it is a nice cheap platform with tons of power and a great aftermarket following, I don't want to be like everyone else.

Now, if I picked up an FC I would for damn sure get rid of the rotary and drop an LS1 in immediately.

I hope you get it knocked out before you move. I've been wanting to move for 2 years but I want to move when this thing is running because it's so much less of a hassle to get it all moved and not lose anything.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You know, so many guys do this. At the annual Z show at Angel Stadium this year, I probably saw 50 s30's with chevy motors.

Agree 100%. I'd pick an RB 26 or something, despite the headaches. But, for the time, money, weight, and effort, you just can't beat the 5.7 or 6.2 chevys.

Your car will have a nice balance and some heritage. It's a great project.

When I get my daily back (fuck your parts delays Chrysler) I'm going to start modding; suspension, tires, drive shaft, rear diff. This shit is an addiction.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Yea my goal was really to keep it as Nissan as possible. The only thing borrowed really is the Ford MAF and some custom aftermarket parts. It was really important for me to keep it an L-Series motor. Plus, a turbo straight 6 is pretty unique sounding. One of the things I really loved about my FD was how unique the rotary sounded at all RPM ranges.

Hekotat

Techno Toy Tuning just posted these on Facebook, thought you might be interested. 280z hubs, pretty baller looking.

Something for the 280ZX folks (and for all the 510 peeps using 280ZX hubs on their 510). We just finished up our first batch of 280ZX billet hubs. These weigh in at 3.4 lb's lighter than the factory hubs, EACH! Available with long race studs or standard length studs. Comes with center caps, seals, bearings and races for $470 the pair. Available in 4 lug or 5 lug layouts (5lug layouts will work with our big brake kit, or custom rotors).

13913553_1197140956992424_5952520743984497642_o.jpg

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Thanks! I'm actually putting their control arms on after the motor is done. Those hubs are super clean. I've seen them installed fresh and they really make it look and function great.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Got the motor and radiator in. Lines are mocked up. Spent the afternoon figuring out the plumbing for the intercooler. I had to cut half of the radiator support out to fit everything. Will reinforce after everything is in. Before you complain about hoses and shitty fittings know that everything is just there to get it in and working. Once I know lengths and routes, I'll do a full pass with steel braided lines and AN fittings. Also, ignore all the zip ties and loose wires, there's still much to do under the hood. Next up my brother is going to make my O2 housing and downpipe, then we take it to the exhaust guys. Maybe another 2 weeks. We get keys in 4 weeks so the clock is ticking!

1Oa8CRt.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user