What vehicle do you drive?

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Dunno if the new RS7's have it or not, but I drove a 2019 A6 as a loaner while my 2018 S5 was in the shop and the suspension was like riding on clouds and the new electronic interior is super sweet.

Audi can be hit or miss.. My 2014 S4 was flawless and I loved it. My 2018 S5 sportback, so far in one year and 12k miles, has had the following problems: 2 dead airbags (separate occasions), dead airbag wiring harness, dead engine thermostat, dead hatch lock button, 3 dead "premium" Bang and Olufson speakers (also all at different times), and an insufferable rattle from the passenger door that took them multiple tries to eliminate. Also the throttle response is dogshit in any mode other than Dynamic Sport.
Yikes that is not the Audi of my experience. Then again my only experience was with the s8. Almost bought an s6 last year but decided to wait. Drove an 18 s5 for fun. Really fun car but a lil jumpy for my taste.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Yikes that is not the Audi of my experience. Then again my only experience was with the s8. Almost bought an s6 last year but decided to wait. Drove an 18 s5 for fun. Really fun car but a lil jumpy for my taste.

Funny you say "jumpy". My biggest complaint about the car is the laggy throttle response. Sure, if you mash the pedal you take off mighty quick, but in terms of daily driving the pedal just feels like mush.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Funny you say "jumpy". My biggest complaint about the car is the laggy throttle response. Sure, if you mash the pedal you take off mighty quick, but in terms of daily driving the pedal just feels like mush.

Hmmm. Maybe it's just relative to my experience.

Suggestions on large fast lux sedans? No teslas.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
E63s Wagon is my go-to. But, I have a strange thing for wagons. Don't like the new Audi exterior designs, though the interiors are great. BMWs might as well be Hondas now; no character, no emotion, no appeal. And, this is coming from a 4 time ///M owner. It's just sad. Almost, maybe, possibly considering the CTS-V, but I really don't like the infotainment in Cadillacs.

The true crime, however, is that so, so, soooooo many of the best cars (and this includes sports cars) are automatic only.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
E63s Wagon is my go-to. But, I have a strange thing for wagons. Don't like the new Audi exterior designs, though the interiors are great. BMWs might as well be Hondas now; no character, no emotion, no appeal. And, this is coming from a 4 time ///M owner. It's just sad. Almost, maybe, possibly considering the CTS-V, but I really don't like the infotainment in Cadillacs.

The true crime, however, is that so, so, soooooo many of the best cars (and this includes sports cars) are automatic only.

The RS3 is fucking sex!

2018-audi-rs-3-sedan-front-three-quarter-in-motion.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>

Also that a lot of the cheap econobox K-cars offer manuals, but only in the base trim. The Accent and the Rio both have 130 horse, my Mazda2 barely makes 100 (she's a good little bug despite the lack of power, though.) I'd absolutely spring for one if I could get them with the features I wanted.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Also that a lot of the cheap econobox K-cars offer manuals, but only in the base trim. The Accent and the Rio both have 130 horse, my Mazda2 barely makes 100 (she's a good little bug despite the lack of power, though.) I'd absolutely spring for one if I could get them with the features I wanted.

My Elantra Sport came with 6 speed, granted the fancy tech package is on the Auto only, but thats all the bullshit over the top safety features. Only fancy things on mine is blind sport warning and reverse camera, which is fine with me.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The RS3 is fucking sex!

2018-audi-rs-3-sedan-front-three-quarter-in-motion.jpg

You're right, that's a very cool little car. But, for me (and I wish it wasn't the case) I can't have a car that small in the profession I'm in. Like the RS3, I think the Golf GTi and R are awesome little cars. But, they're seen as cars for the 20-something crowd (and of course, the Audi is auto only which is fucking tragic....again). But the odd thing is, if we were to move to Ireland or England, none of that matters and I would get one in a heartbeat.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You're right, that's a very cool little car. But, for me (and I wish it wasn't the case) I can't have a car that small in the profession I'm in. Like the RS3, I think the Golf GTi and R are awesome little cars. But, they're seen as cars for the 20-something crowd (and of course, the Audi is auto only which is fucking tragic....again). But the odd thing is, if we were to move to Ireland or England, none of that matters and I would get one in a heartbeat.

First of all, fuck what everyone else thinks. I get shit about the Fiesta ST constantly until I let them drive it, then they stfu afterwards. I'm going to buy what is the most enjoyable in my price range.

It is tragic that RS3 is auto only.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First of all, fuck what everyone else thinks. I get shit about the Fiesta ST constantly until I let them drive it, then they stfu afterwards. I'm going to buy what is the most enjoyable in my price range.

It is tragic that RS3 is auto only.

I agree, trust me. I generally don't care what other people think. But, if it affects my income, than I pay attention.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I don't understand car size meaning anything, value sure, but size?

Buy an M3/M4 stick.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't understand car size meaning anything, value sure, but size?

Buy an M3/M4 stick.

Had an M4 manual. Liked it a lot. If the next gen is a good car (and available with a 6spd) I'll definitely get one.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Had an M4 manual. Liked it a lot. If the next gen is a good car (and available with a 6spd) I'll definitely get one.

So if an M4 is acceptable why not an RS3? It would seem to me like the bread and butter of financial planners is small european luxury/sports cars.

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Currently driving a white ‘15 Subaru Legacy 3.6r Limited. Love everything about this car.

Planning on having a third kid and starting a new business next year, so I’m eyeing a 2018 Chevy Traverse.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Only had 1300 miles on it but the entire engine needed to be redone. I cant wait to drive it 50 miles and put it in storage for another 25 years. Been meaning to redo the entire thing for about ten years now but the old man wont make it much longer (dad got it new on the lot). The absolute best car on earth to me and the close second being a 96/7 Impala.

20190128_161141.jpg

20190128_161119.jpg

• 2Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So if an M4 is acceptable why not an RS3? It would seem to me like the bread and butter of financial planners is small european luxury/sports cars.

RS3 is automatic only. Beemers still come in manual. I used to own Beemers but I absolutely hate the fit and finish on their interiors. I drove manuals all my life, and my new S5 came in automatic only. I goddamn hate the transmission.