What vehicle do you drive?

Brad2770

It does and it has a lot to do with the driver. I was not really bragging, but trying to put things into perspective for those that do not know. The k20z3 engine that is in my car is one of the most powerful production motors put into a civic. There are plenty of guys running 400 horses on stock internals with no issues. There are even a few running 600-700 horses on stock internals with only a oil pump swap.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
65' barracuda
The apostrophe goes on the other side of the 65. I read this as "65 foot barracuda" which gave me a pretty entertaining image of you riding a gigantic fish.

FWIW we now have

2013 F-350
2006 F-250
1996 F-250
1990 F-250

And my shitty old '99 oldsmobile intrigue that I drive when I don't want to buy gas for the pickup.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Some nice rides up in here, I'm impressed.

I'm guessing the BBS style wheels were the ones you were having issues with Eomer?

Here's my new 2012 GTi and my MK2 GTi which was sadly sold.
rrr_img_38596.jpg

Here's me drifting my ae86 a few years back and if you're interested I've posted mybuild up threadof the car, it's come a long way and is almost complete.
rrr_img_38597.jpg

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Hektokat_sl said:
I'm guessing the BBS style wheels were the ones you were having issues with Eomer?
Yeah, TSW Crofts. I'm pretty sure in hindsight now that they probably did come with the hubcentric rings, but at some point one of the tire shops swapping the summers/winters misplaced them or something. Regardless, it's all good now. I was just surprised that the couple tire shops I asked to look in to it made it sound like it was impossible to find the right rings, when all they are is cheap little pieces of thin plastic.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah, TSW Crofts. I'm pretty sure in hindsight now that they probably did come with the hubcentric rings, but at some point one of the tire shops swapping the summers/winters misplaced them or something. Regardless, it's all good now. I was just surprised that the couple tire shops I asked to look in to it made it sound like it was impossible to find the right rings, when all they are is cheap little pieces of thin plastic.
Yeah I don't think I would return to those places, especially the place that left them off to begin with.

Any opinions on the Si? Pretty fun car? I know they have like zero torque, though.
For a good city gas mileage vehicle, I was surprised how "sporty" the Si coupe was when I drove it. I think Civics are still one of the tops on reliability. So it would have been my choice if I was going for a good gas mileage with low upkeep car.

On the other hand, I know many people put the Mazda Miata down as a "female" car, but I have heard some good things about it's handling characteristics (if you like to take corners at speed). One of the first write ups I read on autocross made specific mention of the Miata. Something about not being ashamed when getting passed by one (when first starting). It should be a totally different experience in the corners over the Mustang.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
On the other hand, I know many people put the Mazda Miata down as a "female" car, but I have heard some good things about it's handling characteristics (if you like to take corners at speed). One of the first write ups I read on autocross made specific mention of the Miata. Something about not being ashamed when getting passed by one (when first starting). It should be a totally different experience in the corners over the Mustang.
I've actually considered a Miata. The newer ones look far more masculine than older models but I'm not real sure about the reliability.

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
2012 Mustang GT, looks exactly like Imprecate's except I have louvers on the quarter windows.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can't grab a pic right now at work, but R32 2008. Hate it, all kinds of wierd issues but drives nice otherwise.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
2006 Dodge Charger, 1983 Honda CB1000C Custom. The bike is my daily driver.
rrr_img_38949.jpg

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Alright, home. So odd things about this POS. Won't let gas pumps run hands free w/ the latch. Makes it think it's full. If I fill the tank up from half empty or more, I have to try a few times to get it started and that's the only time I have problems with it. (After a warranty tank replacement, have to check in again they may have fucked it up.) Biggest problem in summer when it gets hot. If I drive for around an hour, less if it's a bunch of stop and go. It starts to get a vapor lock kind of thing going on where if off a stop, I'll go like 10 feet then all power cuts and it burbles burps and has zero power. If I am pumping the pedal when it gets power 6-15 seconds later it has a big surge then will run fine for another 15-30 seconds before repeating the problem. So if I'm driving say on the highway with cruise control, can watch the speedo suddenly start wavering/jumping then surge when power is back and return to normal for a little while. While it's doing this have massive fuel loss. Can smell gas out the back end. (And can blow 1/4 tank in like 15 miles) I can minimize it by second it starts to go wierd go off the pedal and wait it out. But is dangerous at lights, esp left turns.

Dealership can't figure it out. Recently had 2 codes pop up for gas cap replacement and some kind of not enough air flow alarm. This is after 2 years of problems. Not sure if it's same issue and it finally got bad enough to throw a code as before nothing was in the computer.

Past that I love it. Doing 55 through some roundabouts if I have both lanes to work with. Smash people with their 6 cyclinder mustangs. It's no Evo x or STI, but I have a much nicer interior and with no turbo lag (NA 3.2L V6) I'm better at certain things. If I had the money now that warranty up I'd like to maybe turbo it or be a unique butterfly and go for a super instead? The DSG is fun too, can grandma drive around town but can use the paddles if I want to actually be serious but the system combined with appropriate throttle actually is a nice aggressive shifter on it's own.

Sadly though as I'm getting older, and finding things finally too big to squeeze in back. Find myself wanting a semi sporty/aggressive truck. Short cab, long bed. No heavy loads. Have no idea on what though.