What vehicle do you drive?

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The fun part comes if things ever do retract, all the people under water.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
The fun part comes if things ever do retract, all the people under water.
It’s a big if honestly. I think it’s gonna be a long time coming. Now that the floodgates are open for dealers doing this it’s gonna be a hard press to ever get them to stop doing it. Then couple that with no end in sight to soaring manufacturing costs, the chip shortage that doesn’t seem to be getting better, etc.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I literally bought a new house and new car at the beginning of last year. Very happy to not need either currently. We lost like 20 offers on several other houses before getting the one we're in now. Shit is crazy down here(south Florida). Ended up paying 16 grand over asking price. It's gone up in value by 100 grand since. Who the fuck can afford this shit? It cannot sustain a the current levels. Housing has never been less affordable in America than right this minute.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
I literally bought a new house and new car at the beginning of last year. Very happy to not need either currently. We lost like 20 offers on several other houses before getting the one we're in now. Shit is crazy down here(south Florida). Ended up paying 16 grand over asking price. It's gone up in value by 100 grand since. Who the fuck can afford this shit? It cannot sustain a the current levels. Housing has never been less affordable in America than right this minute.
It is crazy.

Liberals are pricing Americans out of America.

• 1Harrow
  • 1Solidarity

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It is crazy.

Liberals are pricing Americans out of America.
Been growing like this housing wise in co for years. Bought our house in 14 after watching average price for what we were looking at rise like 30k in a year. Lost a bid for 15 over. House now is very close to doubled.

We hate it and want to move but nothing local would make sense, just hoping the stuff we see in Oklahoma hasn't inflated wildly in a year or two from now.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

Same shit in Europe. Inner city real estate has gone up 15% or more in a year.

I'm going to buy some cheaper rural shit, because once the generation moving into the inner city realize it was a dumb idea, that shit will be premium.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Same shit in Europe. Inner city real estate has gone up 15% or more in a year.

I'm going to buy some cheaper rural shit, because once the generation moving into the inner city realize it was a dumb idea, that shit will be premium.
It's pretty bad all over in Florida. I'm in the suburbs, about as far as you can get from the inner city in Broward county. You swim across the canal in my backyard and you're literally in the Everglades. Prices are nuts from here to the beach.

• 1Barf

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
It's pretty bad all over in Florida. I'm in the suburbs, about as far as you can get from the inner city in Broward county. You swim across the canal in my backyard and you're literally in the Everglades. Prices are nuts from here to the beach.
Yah, I came from Florida and my parents still live there in a more rural gulf county. Their house has went up $100k or more in the past 5 years. This was from being worth maybe 125k before that. Mind you this is an area where 125k bought you a 2,000 sqft house on acreage with a pool.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Been growing like this housing wise in co for years. Bought our house after watching average price for what we were looking at rise like 30k in a year. Lost a bid for 15 over. House now is very close to doubled.

We hate it and want to move but nothing local would make sense, just hoping the stuff we see in Oklahoma hasn't inflated wildly in a year or two from now.
Idaho went from affordable to start out in to completely unaffordable in just a few years. I'm out midwest now, and prices are still stable-ish, but prices here will go nuts as the western states fill up, which will happen a lot sooner than I can imagine. I've been in this house for 3 months, and already at break even point after the 6% whack I'll take when I sell it. I might bag some extra cash, but I am not holding my breath. Crazy part? Dead of winter and average time for a house to be on the market is ONE day.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
iTs JuSt TranSitorY

But seriously, glad I am as old as I am and own what I do, it certainly isn't going to improve.

Fucker

Log Wizard
iTs JuSt TranSitorY

it certainly isn't going to improve.
Nope. I'm glad I have my slice of the pie, but it sucks knowing the American Dream is off the table for millions of Americans and only getting worse. People of limited means entering the workforce today will work their entire lives and will have nothing to show for it.

• 1Solidarity

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Nope. I'm glad I have my slice of the pie, but it sucks knowing the American Dream is off the table for millions of Americans and only getting worse. People of limited means entering the workforce today will work their entire lives and will have nothing to show for it.

There is no more American dream, there is only the World Economical Forum dream.

You will own nothing and be happy, your nation has already subscribed for this model.

• 1Solidarity

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
The guy at the BMW dealer keeps saying that word in the business was that hydrogen is the long term plan. BMW doesn't even sell a hydrogen car right now so not like he was trying to get me to buy one.

I don't think prices are going to come back down significantly, inflation is something that time has shown is permanent. It may slow down or speed up but prices don't really come back down. In 1970 you could buy a new Corvette for $5,000, which was already a substantial jump up from the years before. By 1980 it was over $13,000 for what was basically the same car, except with less power because of increased emissions regulations. If you'd waited for "prices to come back down" in 1970, you'd still be walking everywhere. The parallels to today are strong.

I bought a 540i two weeks ago. Definitely a dearth of young used cars, so for my money it was either a 2019-2020 with the 4 cylinder or a 2017-2018 with the 6. Went with the 6 as it's just a fantastic engine and I feel I'd regret going with the 4 in a few months. Also avoided getting a particulate filter this way, which is something that's just going to cost me money in the long run.

View attachment 394589
Hell of a grocery-getter

• 1Harrow

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
When I fill my car up, like 30% of the price is fuel cost, the rest is taxes, and taxes on top of those taxes.

Whatever fuel cars will run on, the government / Europe will always claim this income.

Invest into illegal petrol import towards Europe, shit is going to be worth more then weed soon.

For info, its 90$ to fill a 4-series tank. Well guess that is for 4/5th of a tank. 55 liters tops at current price.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Correct, the housing market is in a big bubble, again. When the market pulls back, homes, cars, boats, watches, stocks, etc. will correct and people who over-extended (because they used money they don't really have) will be fucked. No one ever learns. Ever.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
People ARE buying. That's the problem.
A lot depends on the region too. BMW M cars are getting marked up ~5k in CA at nearly all dealerships right now. I still was able to get one under MSRP outside CA though.

• 1Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
Correct, the housing market is in a big bubble, again. When the market pulls back, homes, cars, boats, watches, stocks, etc. will correct and people who over-extended (because they used money they don't really have) will be fucked. No one ever learns. Ever.
People who bought reasonably overpriced houses in Idaho are probably safe from a bubble pop because people are still fleeing California and Oregon in huge numbers and bringing cash with them. For sure lots of panic buying in other areas, though.

I was going to build here, but the cost is higher than what I feel comfortable waiting for appreciation to grow in to....and for a not exemplary house at that.

There are still sane housing markets though. I'm going to grab something there in the next month or two and be done with the house thing for a while.

Cars are insane. BAT is bringing bonkers money and for sure a lot of people are going to be hurting when that market retracts.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Spoke to a few dealerships today about Elantra N's. ZERO inventory in Northeast, but I can place a $100 deposit to build/order one. 2-6 month wait time, selling at MSRP.

Timing would kind of be nice to avoid buying in the winter, gives me the summer to enjoy and figure out snow tires for next winter as the stock Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's will not cut it obviously.

• 2Like