What vehicle do you drive?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree but everyone has their own taste. I'm not gonna knock the guy for what he likes and I appreciate his dedication and conviction.

As for wheels I completely agree. I've just now found a wheel that I think looks good on the mk8 gti but I'm still not 100% sure I want them. They don't pop on the car and most of the community has really horrible taste in my opinion so I'm holding out for something great.

Below are said wheels.
View attachment 426593View attachment 426594

Can't beat some classic BBS, if you can find them at a reasonable price

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Can't beat some classic BBS, if you can find them at a reasonable price

I want Fifteen52 to bring back the god damned snowflakes. They are pushing hard in the MK8 forum but keep ignoring my request for them, lol.

1659815797539.png

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I agree but everyone has their own taste. I'm not gonna knock the guy for what he likes and I appreciate his dedication and conviction.

As for wheels I completely agree. I've just now found a wheel that I think looks good on the mk8 gti but I'm still not 100% sure I want them. They don't pop on the car and most of the community has really horrible taste in my opinion so I'm holding out for something great.

Below are said wheels.
That's a nice looking car, and I usually hate that body style. Those rims complement it well, but like all after market rims, I could never pay the price for new ones, when I have perfectly working ones on the car already.

If I am going to spend money on my car, there are just too many things I would rather spend money on, instead of rims.

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Below are said wheels.

These aren't terrible even if they look distinctly aftermarket. Depends on what look you are going for I guess. I don't actually like most of the mk8 stock wheels, they all lean heavily into the turbine style which usually makes one side of the car look better than the other. Seems no manufacturer can be bothered to make asymmetric sets anymore. I'd probably get the factory Estoril wheels if I had to pick one.

1659850587863.png

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
British Racing Green?
It's San Remo Green which is now a standard color offering for 2023. I'd say it's pretty close to Oxford Green but has even more of a yellow Hue to it and British Racing Green has a much more blue hue. A real picture:

1660006320085.png

I suspect it will still be uncommon for a while.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

British Racing Green on the Aston Martin DBS is absolute sex.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

The guys behind our shop (Automotive mechanics) are some old guys always talking shit, so it's funny to go back there and fuck with them because they're all (American muscle only! Imports are gay!) kind of guys.

Anyways, they have a shitty as Ford Focus C-Max they're always back their working on and I always give them shit about how fast that thing must be. Well they don't understand technology too well so I edited a webpage and sent this to them. They're half believing the Euro one is a beast, you can sense the mild skepticism from them but I'm pretty sure they're 90% believing it's true. Sorry for the shitty phone pic, these dudes can only operate a phone so I had to text it.

20220809_173354.jpg

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For anyone in Houston who likes cars, one of our groups is doing a big event at The Asylum. Donations to charity (kids and cops) are appreciated if you're so inclined.

This Sunday the 14th at 10am.

Then at noon, 100+ nut jobs in super cars will rip out of there to a lunch spot And hopefully no one crashes.

• 1Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
My dream is to have a 4 rotor some day, the sound makes the hairs on the back of my new stand up. So badass.

I don't find that it sounds a lot different than any of the 15000+rpm Judd V10's and such. Very high pitched wail. I also love it, but come on, can you imagine having a 4-rotor? 2-rotors popped apex seals like candy, can you imagine this hunk of shit? It'd probably blow blue smoke at idle after 200 miles.

Best way to get this sound and not break the bank is a sportbike. Get some loud pipes and they all sound like that.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
That looks really fun. Would love to try over-landing but it seems like something you have to invest heavily in and I'd only be able to do it once a year.

Heavy duty rack was 1k, tent was 1.7k. Works for me because I go camping out in the desert/mountains a lot and that particular tent provides a king sized foam mattress as compared to a lot of smaller roof top tent options. Held up well and stayed dry during a monsoon too.

• 1Like

Sludig

I don't find that it sounds a lot different than any of the 15000+rpm Judd V10's and such. Very high pitched wail. I also love it, but come on, can you imagine having a 4-rotor? 2-rotors popped apex seals like candy, can you imagine this hunk of shit? It'd probably blow blue smoke at idle after 200 miles.

Best way to get this sound and not break the bank is a sportbike. Get some loud pipes and they all sound like that.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

If you ever wanna upgrade look into Four Wheel Camper. We did the flatbed hawk on a Ram 2500 and it's glorious. We went biggish cause we've got a kid. Have had many grand and ass puckering adventures. Death valley in fall/spring is currently our favorite and we do it a couple times each season. If I was single or just me and my wife we'd have a slide in hawk on a Tundra for sure.

• 1Like

Sludig

Uhh.. why?
A jogger w/ drug money or I want to recall this horseshit was at some like Phillipines Hard Rock cafe, so retarded little swamp rat w/ money. Either way different flavor of retard destroying a >$20,000 bike.

But also made your zoomy race car noises.