What vehicle do you drive?

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm

In my depression of finding fun, I still very imminently probably need something at all to get around in. in Oct wife taking the 200k mile juke out of state to retire and be her car when visiting family.

imagine going from 550hp jag to a non st fiesta.... Tell myself it's just a year or two until I find non rape prices on something fun. as far as my commute is, still thinking I need a shitbox to save miles on something I truly love. just would like awd to help a little for the sheets of ice that are common here.

Sludig

smartselect_20220923-142456_chrome-jpg.434584

SmartSelect_20220923-142456_Chrome.jpg

A worse deal than the mustangs. but there's Japanese mustang! Though other than sound clips no idea if they fall apart like a exotic or hold it together like a more sedate Lexus.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
what's funny is they are rated highly on reviews. though local gun forum says they are a known crook chain. maybe a local paper, but going to focus on state ag as many are dating is illegal not to sell to me for listed price minus tax title etc. I was only putting 20k down as rest of my cash on hand is house proceeds that's supposed to stay for homestead costs but may be worth dipping into to try fucking them. maybe make some money if I private party flipped it.

problem is how slow is ah, so what's to force them to not be retarded if I walk in with a check. amusingly they raised prove on website 2k to 48. trying to find old pages with the 46k list
stealerships selling stolen cars
a79bafc8b4f37e7a5dbb6144068c6dd2.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Super reliable (its a Toyota) but its heavy and slow(er). Sounds great thought with a more open exhaust.
Already decanted etc, but not a fan of a slammed suspension. one reason I liked stock mustang is not hitting as much on slight ramps and goofball sized debris

Burns

150 mile search. 2020 plus gt premium 10 speed. 24 cars. only 2 With performance pack. one inflated for 60k. this one's about right ish but at the 150 mile mark so get to waste 4 hours driving or see what games they want over the phone.
If cars are available up north, that you cant find down here, it might be worth it to look nation wide (new cars only, fuck anything driven in salts, or used cars if they are in AZ, NM, CA, NV). If you are willing to pay asking price, it shouldn't take much time over the phone to call ask them if they will honor the price listed. I'm sure there are tips for buying from a dealer remotely.

Look up delivery costs and compare the various modes. Open trailer is the cheapest (but still probably $1500+), but you could even fly to where ever it is, and pick it up for less than $1000. For example, Chicago to Prior can be driven in a single Sunday, even more easily if you got some hours in on Saturday after picking it up (Springfield, Il or MO are good places to overnight).

I would start with dealers that sponsor enthusiast sites, as they seem to have more ridding on their reputations.

Sludig

If cars are available up north, that you cant find down here, it might be worth it to look nation wide (new cars only, fuck anything driven in salts, or used cars if they are in AZ, NM, CA, NV). If you are willing to pay asking price, it shouldn't take much time over the phone to call ask them if they will honor the price listed. I'm sure there are tips for buying from a dealer remotely.

Look up delivery costs and compare the various modes. Open trailer is the cheapest (but still probably $1500+), but you could even fly to where ever it is, and pick it up for less than $1000. For example, Chicago to Prior can be driven in a single Sunday, even more easily if you got some hours in on Saturday after picking it up (Springfield, Il or MO are good places to overnight).

I would start with dealers that sponsor enthusiast sites, as they seem to have more ridding on their reputations.
what's the risk in az/nm figure should be nice and dry, or do you get dry rot?

that's my next move but one I'd wait to the new year. I can't be flying around right now and I'm jumpy about having things shipped.

though I'm looking seriously at another gray gt premium with pp and a few other goodies with 3k miles for 50k albeit a21 which is almost desirable. when I talk to them Monday though im expecting financing retardation, but if I can at least nail down a stayed price I'll drive 2 hours with a full price check if I can get the wife to approve borrowing out of our farm money especially since I'm getting kinda meh about getting a tractor to own vs rent.

Burns

that's my next move but one I'd wait to the new year. I can't be flying around right now and I'm jumpy about having things shipped.

though I'm looking seriously at another gray gt premium with pp and a few other goodies with 3k miles for 50k albeit a21 which is almost desirable. when I talk to them Monday though im expecting financing retardation, but if I can at least nail down a stayed price I'll drive 2 hours with a full price check if I can get the wife to approve borrowing out of our farm money especially since I'm getting kinda meh about getting a tractor to own vs rent.
I would imagine if the car is just sitting without being touched for a decade+, with no maintenance, you might get dry rot in some of areas, starting with the rubber. In general though, desert cars are the best cars you can get, especially if the body has a large amount of metal on it. The sun may cause interior fading a little faster, but the rest of the car loves that low humidity.

Of course, like everywhere, dealers can have cars shipped in from places that put chemicals on their roads.

As an aside, for general maintenance, if you want to keep a vehicle for a long time, all the rubber should be coated with dielectric grease every few years (or whatever the manufacturer recommends for it's seals).

Last edited:

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

This is handy to use so you know what the costs SHOULD be. If the dealer is way off, they're playing games.

• 1Like

Sludig

This is handy to use so you know what the costs SHOULD be. If the dealer is way off, they're playing games.

yeap, did that before it's why the instant the put a number down I was like wtf

• 1Like

Sludig

4% with USAA will have to do, local credit union my wifes in was garbage. But making the call monday to sniff out this new Mustang I found and see if they play fuck fuck games. At least on their website they have a finance calculator that seems to imply that it's thru them not just generic, quoting at 6%.

Shame it wasn't one of the really good blues, I'm almost ready to try for white. Can't decide from pics and the bright sun if it's the dark or lighter grey.

They have a supercharged miatta with 17k miles. Wife almost was going to grab it but told her without a lot of info about any tuning done, is it pump gas etc, I'd be hesitant about it.

Burns

4% with USAA will have to do, local credit union my wifes in was garbage. But making the call monday to sniff out this new Mustang I found and see if they play fuck fuck games. At least on their website they have a finance calculator that seems to imply that it's thru them not just generic, quoting at 6%.

Shame it wasn't one of the really good blues, I'm almost ready to try for white. Can't decide from pics and the bright sun if it's the dark or lighter grey.

They have a supercharged miatta with 17k miles. Wife almost was going to grab it but told her without a lot of info about any tuning done, is it pump gas etc, I'd be hesitant about it.

I like the white with blue over the blue with white on the Mustang. For whatever reason the blue accents on the Mustangs complement the car more than any other color combo I have seen.

My white Trans Am GTA really grew on me. It hid both dirt and small scratches well and I kept mulling over adding blue accents, of some kind, once I saw the 25th anniversary edition.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ford discontinuing their Maverick small truck less than 2 years in. Claiming they can't get parts to make them. It was on track to be a HUGE seller.

• 1Picard
  • 1WTF

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Ford discontinuing their Maverick small truck less than 2 years in. Claiming they can't get parts to make them. It was on track to be a HUGE seller.

That's absolutely insane, those things are everywhere in my area and a good looking truck as well.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
They'll probably come back out with it in 2 years but with a much higher starting price.

• 1Tiresome

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
They'll probably come back out with it in 2 years but with a much higher starting price.
Like just about everything. Pretty surprising though, I’ve been seeing more of them as well. Demand seemed to be really high and pretty solid reviews all around as far as bang for the buck is concerned.

some interesting insights on some of its design/manufacturing:

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
My kids just inherited a car from their grandparents. A 2004 Toyota Corolla. I drove it home (9 hours). What a piece of shit. I mean, it runs very well, no mechanical problems, but I think I'm still vibrating from driving that thing. It's a tin can with no guts. Slow, rough ride, and not great gas mileage. The grandparents really maintained it well, and it only has 45,000 miles on it. But I hate it, and I'm sure it would fold like an accordion in the event of a crash.

I think I might sell it and get something better. Hard to know what's best. No rust, low mileage, very reliable...Maybe I'm being too fussy?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My kids just inherited a car from their grandparents. A 2004 Toyota Corolla. I drove it home (9 hours). What a piece of shit. I mean, it runs very well, no mechanical problems, but I think I'm still vibrating from driving that thing. It's a tin can with no guts. Slow, rough ride, and not great gas mileage. The grandparents really maintained it well, and it only has 45,000 miles on it. But I hate it, and I'm sure it would fold like an accordion in the event of a crash.

I think I might sell it and get something better. Hard to know what's best. No rust, low mileage, very reliable...Maybe I'm being too fussy?

18 years ago there weren't nearly as many 5,000 pound SUVs on the road and the safety standards weren't as high as they are now. I don't think I'd like my teenage kids driving that car either.

• 1Solidarity