What vehicle do you drive?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Its automatic and keeps the car still (brakes are on) until you move, rather than rolling back. Its seamless and useful.

I found it weird when I turned it on. Just didn't feel like I had as much control if that makes sense.
Since novices don't like starting from a stop on hills, "Hill Start Assist" or "Brake Assist" keeps the brakes on when stopped, you're probably using it since it's on by default.

It's was off. I turned it on and just didn't care for it. I absolutely can see it being useful for some people, just not my old ass.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I found it weird when I turned it on. Just didn't feel like I had as much control if that makes sense.

It's was off. I turned it on and just didn't care for it. I absolutely can see it being useful for some people, just not my old ass.

Some manufacturers do a better job with it. My Fiesta ST it was flawless and worked perfectly and I never really knew it existed until I was digging through menus.

It sucks shit on my VW.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Skeezer

Molten Core Raider
Living in Florida, brake assist is up there with heating steering wheels for usefulness.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I got a pic dump from the car show I went to today, I'll upload tomorrow. Too fucking tired now to deal with it.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A few nuggets from an event this morning at Tillman Fertitta's hanger for the Rocket's plane and his helicopters.

20230506_094922.jpg

20230506_102113.jpg

20230506_091747.jpg

• 6Like
  • 1Wow!
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 7 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord

My mustang has that feature, and I assume the tech is the same in the Fiesta that Hekotat Hekotat mentioned. Can't really tell it's there unless I intentionally let off the break on an incline without trying to accelerate, and I'm not sure there's a way to turn it off since I've never bothered to find out. If nothing else I would think it'd reduce clutch wear from the 0.05 seconds you're counteracting gravity while slipping the clutch to engage first gear.

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Upgraded the wife to a 23 Rav4 XLE premium.

Took me 2 days of calling around and over an hour drive to find one but didn't end up on a waiting list, drove it home that Friday night.

Thing is a great drive and should be good in winter for her.

20230505_191008.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Wife got rear ended in her 2020 Ford Explorer ST, totaling it. We went and looked at some different makes that are similar in size, and she ended up on the 2023 Lincoln Aviator. No surprise, same chassis and size, similar power and even a slightly upgraded interior.

We determine the exact options and features she wants, but there aren't any locally. Building one will take 6 months plus according to the dealership.

As luck would have it, I find one about 900 miles away with 4k miles on it for a decent price. Call the dealership, start the whole process and wire them the money after a couple days of back and forth.

As we are setting up logistics, wife gets a call from the dealership saying Ford put a "stop sale" on the car that morning, and they can't let it leave the lot. "Give us a couple days to work this out and we will call you." ???

This is an actual Ford dealership, not some rando used car lot, so I call and ask their head of finance what the shit is going on. He tells me they have 10 similar vehicles on their lot that are brand new with signs in them saying cannot be driven cannot be sold. They are attempting to get an exemption on our vehicle since it was pre owned, and the sale happened before they put the stop sale in place.

The issue? A software glitch in the 360 camera that can blue screen your display, temporarily. Ford does not have a fix in place and they don't know when they will.

Makes you wonder just how many bricks are sitting in Ford dealerships across the country that they can't sell. Hoping we get exempted and get our car, considering they have our fuckin money!!

• 2WTF
  • 1Picard
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Wife got rear ended in her 2020 Ford Explorer ST, totaling it. We went and looked at some different makes that are similar in size, and she ended up on the 2023 Lincoln Aviator. No surprise, same chassis and size, similar power and even a slightly upgraded interior.

We determine the exact options and features she wants, but there aren't any locally. Building one will take 6 months plus according to the dealership.

As luck would have it, I find one about 900 miles away with 4k miles on it for a decent price. Call the dealership, start the whole process and wire them the money after a couple days of back and forth.

As we are setting up logistics, wife gets a call from the dealership saying Ford put a "stop sale" on the car that morning, and they can't let it leave the lot. "Give us a couple days to work this out and we will call you." ???

This is an actual Ford dealership, not some rando used car lot, so I call and ask their head of finance what the shit is going on. He tells me they have 10 similar vehicles on their lot that are brand new with signs in them saying cannot be driven cannot be sold. They are attempting to get an exemption on our vehicle since it was pre owned, and the sale happened before they put the stop sale in place.

The issue? A software glitch in the 360 camera that can blue screen your display, temporarily. Ford does not have a fix in place and they don't know when they will.

Makes you wonder just how many bricks are sitting in Ford dealerships across the country that they can't sell. Hoping we get exempted and get our car, considering they have our fuckin money!!
I know a few people with new to almost new Fords. One was new last fall, has been bricked in a Ford dealership since since January. Lemon law doesn't apply because parts aren't available...Ford clearly jerking them off on that. He's been hung up on at Ford numerous times. Ford's warranty costs are 3x higher than GM's. 3+ billion a year.

IMO, tell them to give you your money back and get a Honda. Toyota, or KIA.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
I know a few people with new to almost new Fords. One was new last fall, has been bricked in a Ford dealership since since January. Lemon law doesn't apply because parts aren't available...Ford clearly jerking them off on that. He's been hung up on at Ford numerous times. Ford's warranty costs are 3x higher than GM's. 3+ billion a year.

IMO, tell them to give you your money back and get a Honda. Toyota, or KIA.
Good call, wife already started looking at Toyota after reading some good reviews.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Good call, wife already started looking at Toyota after reading some good reviews.
Might also take a look at Lexus. Toyota Highlander is on the final year or two of its 2020 redesign. RX 350 same price as Aviator, but has more comfort than Highlander. I have a Highlander, like it plenty but it is a bit spartan for some. New model RX 350 came out in 2022.

Honda Pilot new model as of this spring.

I also looked at other US made SUV's. Jeep, GM. Nah. High price, dog shit reliability.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Not to defend Ford per se but this isn't an uncommon occurrence in the industry with today's complexity and regulatory environment. Even some minor defect that may not affect safety but could lead to increased emissions is enough to be held liable these days.

Mandriana

Upgraded the wife to a 23 Rav4 XLE premium.

Took me 2 days of calling around and over an hour drive to find one but didn't end up on a waiting list, drove it home that Friday night.

Thing is a great drive and should be good in winter for her.

View attachment 474082
Posted about it earlier in this thread, bought a 2019 RAV4 XLE hybrid. Suffers from some not unexpected Toyota road noise and rattles, but have zero real complaints, both me and the wife love driving it (granted we upgraded from a bare bones 2007 Corrola). And with some Blizzak DMV2 winter tires, Alberta winter driving has been no issue.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users