It's lurkingdirk lurkingdirk , so you're too late
:trollface:
oh-you-aww.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

kazjim

Blackwing Lair Raider
Started stripping the Rocket III for repairs and after it's registration inspection, the mods can start...
Air suspension and hand-made exhaust is first on the list to do . . .

Getting front suspension and triple trees checked for cracks and issues tomorrow morning.

IMG_6747.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

kazjim

Blackwing Lair Raider
Started stripping the Rocket III for repairs and after it's registration inspection, the mods can start...
Air suspension and hand-made exhaust is first on the list to do . . .

Getting front suspension and triple trees checked for cracks and issues tomorrow morning.

View attachment 484531

Rode my Bonneville America 800 to Sydney the other day though, weather was great - just a touch over 13'c (55f?)
parked at work - opposite the Prime Minister's house.

IMG_6420.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
We really need the motorcycle thread and the car thread in the same area. (Not shitting on you guys, keep on posting. I can never find the motorcycle thread easily).

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guys in Kia Stingers who think they are super fast and hot shit. I don't get it.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

Guys in Kia Stingers who think they are super fast and hot shit. I don't get it.

I had a coworker that thought the first gen was the hottest shit on the planet. "It'll outperform a vette bro".

I had a good laugh.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I was really impressed that KN could put out something that looks nice but it had two major problems:

1) pricetag
2) those dumb reflectors that travel into the rear quarter panel from the tail lights.

A 35k 3 series GT level trim competitor would have been compelling but those things were going for 50.

I'm not paying that much for a KN.

Hekotat

I was really impressed that KN could put out something that looks nice but it had two major problems:

1) pricetag
2) those dumb reflectors that travel into the rear quarter panel from the tail lights.

A 35k 3 series GT level trim competitor would have been compelling but those things were going for 50.

I'm not paying that much for a KN.

Those rear tail light markers were fucking hideous.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I've had EV's going on 7 years now, the range anxiety is not a thing. Especially in 2023. When I got my first one in 2016, yea, because there were charges waaaaaay out of the way. Now they are fucking everywhere. In 5 more years you probably won't be able to swing your dick around without it getting stuck in an EV charger.

Not in Europe, we don't have the infrastructure to meet the energy requirement.

The 2nd hand market is going to get really small when fosile fuel ones are forbidden.

Billion vehicles being taken out of the system will be really shit for some people.

Going to be some magical years.

Might be good to invest against German autoindustry.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It can’t happen. The Euro mandates are retarded and will backfire.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

The 2nd hand market is going to get really small when fosile fuel ones are forbidden.

Billion vehicles being taken out of the system will be really shit for some people.

The United States doesn’t have the infrastructure to meet the energy demand either. California already has brownouts all the time. It also won’t be a billion cars gone. The poor countries will continue to use ICE. The rich countries will just have a lot less driving because they won’t be able to meet EV demand as fast as they’re trying to dictate unless they come up with batteries that don’t need rare materials and they won’t be able to meet energy demand unless they start building nuclear plants or a bunch more coal plants in the next couple l years.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
The Euro mandates are retarded and no one will care.

We have low emission zones, if you enter them with a euro 3 diesel you get a € 375 fine, they scan plates.

Not caring going to be really hard.

I do look forward to the attempts to enforce it onto our engineers and doctors though.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You mean shouldn't not can't, you ever heard of WW1?
Both. Fact of the matter is, most of the world simply can’t afford to just give up their vehicles and go EV. There also won’t be enough resources for to make EV for everyone. However, that’s probably an underlying goal of these governments; limits and control.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Both. Fact of the matter is, most of the world simply can’t afford to just give up their vehicles and go EV. There also won’t be enough resources for to make EV for everyone. However, that’s probably an underlying goal of these governments; limits and control.
I think non-fossil fuels is the way we should be going but there’s too much focus on EVs as such a large/immediate part of the solution. It makes much more sense
to focus on bang for you buck as well as not screwing over populations in non-first world countries. I’ve seen a few podcasts with the likes of Bjorn Lomborg his take on things resonates with me quite a bit.

Fucker

Log Wizard
However, that’s probably an underlying goal of these governments; limits and control.
That's all there is to it. Ireland, for instance, is getting ready to impose massive road use tax that is absolutely going to obliterate people of limited means which is most people. People will not have a fucking Euro to their names. Meanwhile, all that tax will go into the pockets of a handful of people.

Kind of a fucked up world we live in now. Most of the "democratic" west have become full on police states. Australia hauling people out of their homes and put into covid concentration camps. Canada taking away the jobs and money of people without due process. Netherlands getting ready to take away farms en masse. UK always been a police state but now will throw you in jail for posting hurty words or using the wrong pronouns. The entirety of the EU being run by unelected people whose singular goal is to take everyone's money and keep it for themselves under the guise of climate change.

Now they want to ban ICE while knowing full well they have neither the resources nor the infrastructure to do so. This is about complete control and nothing else.

It is wild knowing that you could collect the heads of a few dozen people on this planet and materially change the direction we are headed.

• 2Like

Mizake

Trakanon Raider

Might be good to invest against German autoindustry.

This will never happen. All the EV handwaving is just virtue signalling. Even IF the cheapest EVs start at something like $25k-$30k.....that is out of reach for most people. It's the people in their ivory towers that are completely out of touch with the common man that think everybody's gonna be able to afford a new car.

Not to mention, and you can take this to the bank, with increased adoption, EV charging will eventually be as expensive, if not more, than gasoline. There is no way to build infrastructure that fast, unless you are willing to sacrifice nearly every other phase of your economy.

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
This will never happen. All the EV handwaving is just virtue signalling. Even IF the cheapest EVs start at something like $25k-$30k.....that is out of reach for most people. It's the people in their ivory towers that are completely out of touch with the common man that think everybody's gonna be able to afford a new car.

Not to mention, and you can take this to the bank, with increased adoption, EV charging will eventually be as expensive, if not more, than gasoline. There is no way to build infrastructure that fast, unless you are willing to sacrifice nearly every other phase of your economy.
If EU and UK is anything like the US, half the driving age people cannot afford a new base model Honda Civic. Forcing EV's on people will drive that number through the roof. Charging in many areas is already the same cost as gas, and in a few places more expensive. This is going to be universal pretty soon.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
half the driving age people cannot afford a new base model Honda Civic.

This is a real problem. Why can't car manufacturers come up with a baseline car that is cheap as fuck? All the necessary space is already available, all the machinery is as well. Ford should be able to produce a $10,000 car. It won't last 30 years, but it will be new and reliable for 5 years. It will be paid off soon, and it will be a good buy for everyone. Make a cheap car without the power windows, Bluetooth, heated seats and all that shit. Basic everything, decent engine that isn't huge, just the basic basic basic bits. Don't need to make your fasteners hidden, make it all visible and easy to fix.

It should happen, but won't.