Siliconemelons
Ssraeszha Raider
- 15,673
- 25,320
“Vegan leather” is so pathetic.. it is vinyl crap.. no one cares about cows, give me real leather. I want my car to smell like a 1970s Mercedes
- 1


Diesel, inner tubes, and weird enamel paint?I want my car to smell like a 1970s Mercedes
Diesel, inner tubes, and weird enamel paint?
"Fine Corinthian leather..."“Vegan leather” is so pathetic.. it is vinyl crap.. no one cares about cows, give me real leather. I want my car to smell like a 1970s Mercedes
"Fine Corinthian leather..."
But you're right, I remember when I picked up my Caddy in 2018. First time I sat it in, and it smelled like a perfectly conditioned and worn in rawlings catching mitt. It was glorious. Since then (almost ten years ago now) the scent has faded some, and I find myself on an eternal quest for the leather cleaner/conditioner or spray that can bring that perfect scent back.
I might have to give that a shot. I've been through a few cleaning products for it. One thing i have thought about but it would be a beating would be to deep clean and condition it like I used to do my hockey pads (I goaltended, so those huge leg biscuits). And that was traditional saddle soap followed up with a rub down in mink oil.Don’t know about the scent but the Volvo OEM leather care and cleaning kit is very good. It’s a cleaner and conditioner 2 bottles.
Strangely enough, and I'm knocking on wood as I say this, the leather in my seats is in great shape. The only roughed up/scratched leather I have is on the door panel right where my hand hits it opening and closing the door. Apparently from incidental contact with my nails? Tiny little scratchesWell, you aren't going to get as new smell back. There are some very good products for leather that can renew them to as new but they have to be actual leather. As new in everything but smell.
This is used on very expensive cars and doesn't diminish their value. It can restore old shitty leather to as new. I've used it, and the results were far above amazing. Garbage leather to worn but excellent leather. It really is amazing when used on real leather. Also, their cleaning kit is fucking amazing. It is also excellent on household leather furniture. It will rejuvenate heirloom leathers like nothing else. And...not weird concoptopmtionized assortment of chemicals. Works same wonders on leather clothes. Jackets, boots. Shoes.
Sure, takes some elbow grease to get it all workings, but the pay off is huge.