What's going on at Blizzard?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you think blizzard won't have a new mmo already in dev by the time wow comes to end of life you're literally retarded. Down syndrome.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
And yes, WoW gives out too much loot. My level 104 is in 60% blues, 40% epics, from just questing! That's unacceptable.

What does the color of the item icon have to do with anything? That's real retarded, sir.

Also, first level 60 Priest? No proof = all lies.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Overwatch isn't sustainable income though. Base game was 40 and that's it unless you bug boxes.

Wow is 15 a month for however many millions play it right now.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
They come out on 4th week reset after launch date.

This is to prevent Wrath shit. I literally got all Tier 7 content realm firsts on my DK less than 48 hours after hitting 80.

What is the reason for not having raids at start?

I haven't played since wrath.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As for the subject at hand, only thing I really care about is Metzen leaving, since I love the older lore - but as people have pointed out, he's been phoning it in hard the last few years, so maybe fresh blood will be a good thing. It'll be a shame if this means there are no more Warcraft Chronicles books though :(

Saying that Metzen has been phoning it in implies that his lore hasn't been garbage since day 1.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Saying that Metzen has been phoning it in implies that his lore hasn't been garbage since day 1.

It depends on how you view it. If you view the lore purely as a story, a linear narrative, then yeah it's nothing amazing for the most part (there are exceptions - the WC3 campaign was probably the only time I've felt emotionally invested in an RTS). It's mostly standard good v. evil stuff.

But in terms of atmosphere, of creating a setting that is immersive and vibrant and a little unique and filling it with interesting and engaging characters, taking standard fantasy tropes and playing with them, subverting them, Blizzard were doing an amazing job there for a while. Things went south once they started twisting the lore to fit the necessities of game design around the time they were working on WoW (undead on the Horde were the beginning of the end, and space goats the first nail in the coffin), and have kept going downhill at an increasing rate ever since, but for a while there, especially around the D2/WC3 era, they had something great going that really added an extra element of immersion to their games. There's a reason people have an investment in Blizzard's settings and characters far greater than they do in other games in the same genres.

Seriously, can you name an MMO/RTS series with better lore & setting than Warcraft, or an ARPG which beats out Diablo 1 & 2 for pure atmosphere? I'm not so huge on Starcraft, but there seem to be plenty of people just as into it as fans of the other settings. Even Overwatch has people getting inordinately attached to the characters, to my complete surprise, which goes to show they haven't entirely lost their touch.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
And yah, when it comes to "corrupted" as your last way out of something winning, you've fucked up.

It's funny how many people complain about characters being "corrupted", given that's the burning legions shtick. It's like complaining about all the blood sucking in a vampire themed expansion. Or all the undead in a zombie expansion.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
No guys there are 3 tiers of raiding
shrkaqka2vwcqvhmodcm.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's funny how many people complain about characters being "corrupted", given that's the burning legions shtick. It's like complaining about all the blood sucking in a vampire themed expansion. Or all the undead in a zombie expansion.

And corrupted by the sha and corrupted by the old gods and corrupted by nefarian and corrupted by kel'thuzad and corrupted by ner'zhul and did I miss any?