Whats rustling your jimmies?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Students who protest their grades after I go out of my way to fucking give them a better grade than they deserve.

Right now I am going to have to go in front of a committee to defend me giving someone a C- to a person that got a 63% weighted score in the class. The only people I ended up curving up in the class was him from a D to a C and another D student. He failed his first two tests and had a D on the homework. He is claiming to the committee that I never responded to emails and never was in my office and never handed out tests, all false.

I think I am going to try and adjust his grade down to the actual D he got before and say it was a mistake that I gave him a C- in the first place.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Students who protest their grades after I go out of my way to fucking give them a better grade than they deserve.

Right now I am going to have to go in front of a committee to defend me giving someone a C- to a person that got a 63% weighted score in the class. The only people I ended up curving up in the class was him from a D to a C and another D student. He failed his first two tests and had a D on the homework. He is claiming to the committee that I never responded to emails and never was in my office and never handed out tests, all false.

I think I am going to try and adjust his grade down to the actual D he got before and say it was a mistake that I gave him a C- in the first place.
I love when students complain about their grades, because it gives me the opportunity to bitch slap them with their numerous failures, shitty assignments, and absences which resulted in the grade.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Luby's stopped serving shish-k-bobs on thursday. Thursday had become by favorite day of the week because I got k-bobs and fried green tomatoes for lunch. My life is now a hollow shell

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
This happened to me before, for a week I basically walked like I had ridden a horse for 19 hours straight and even the slightest graze against any skin within a 3 foot radius of my ball sack would cause immense pain. I was about to go to the doctor when the pain started subsiding. Worst week of my life.

Even worse, I fucked through the pain. Possibly worst ejaculations of my life.
Yeah, I bike to work too so I had to bike most of the way standing which isn't too fun to do on a fixed gear.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

As a student, this angers me. I meet these kids in every class. SOrry you got a 15 on your test bro but maybe if you were paying attention rather than looking up the new iphone fr the last 4 classes you would've done a little better.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
As a student, this angers me. I meet these kids in every class. SOrry you got a 15 on your test bro but maybe if you were paying attention rather than looking up the new iphone fr the last 4 classes you would've done a little better.
Hah. My teacher handed back our midterms this week in my Social Diversity class and a kid didnt like the grade he got. Instead of doing the semi smart thing and waiting to talk to her after class, he started going off right then and there saying he worked so hard on it and spent so much time on it so he shouldnt of gotten a D.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hah. My teacher handed back our midterms this week in my Social Diversity class and a kid didnt like the grade he got. Instead of doing the semi smart thing and waiting to talk to her after class, he started going off right then and there saying he worked so hard on it and spent so much time on it so he shouldnt of gotten a D.
Was he black?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yes.

Dude is pretty dumb. First day of class we had to watch some documentary how white men are scared of women/minorities so they make the media/hollywood produced hyper masculine media to compensate for changing times and all that, typical white male is responsible for all the worlds problem stuff. Anyways when the teacher asks what our thoughts are on it dude more or less goes;

"Yeah I completely agree with everything that was said in that video up until he said black men also are a small problem with female repression, that part is completely wrong and the maker of this video is a liar"

McCheese

So racist, Noodleface. So racist.

Anyway, this reminds me of a story. When I was in high school there was a kid in my class named "Eric". On the first day of class the teacher was asking everyone's names as she went down the roster, and when she got to him he said his name, "Eric", only it came out as "Erk". So she asked, "Excuse me?" And he said, "Erk. Erk. Mah name Erk!"

It took a while to get it sorted out.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
The fact that half of the internet seem to be bitching about allegedly racist Halloween costumes. Maybe it's just that I'm Australian, and have minimal experience with both Halloween and black people, but I don't see how using makeup to make yourself look like a black TV character is inherently racist. Like sure, if they were doing it to portray an offensive stereotype, definitely, I can see how that would be offensive, but how is changing your skin color to more closely match the character you're dressing as, in and of itself, racist? Can someone explain this to me? Is there a legitimate train of logic behind this, or is it just a chance for people to get off on their own smug PC bullshit and/or overcompensate in an attempt to appear tolerant and accepting?

213420.jpg

McCheese

The fact that half of the internet seem to be bitching about allegedly racist Halloween costumes. Maybe it's just that I'm Australian, and have minimal experience with both Halloween and black people, but I don't see how using makeup to make yourself look like a black TV character is inherently racist. Like sure, if they were doing it to portray an offensive stereotype, definitely, I can see how that would be offensive, but how is changing your skin color to more closely match the character you're dressing as, in and of itself, racist? Can someone explain this to me? Is there a legitimate train of logic behind this, or is it just a chance for people to get off on their own smug PC bullshit and/or overcompensate in an attempt to appear tolerant and accepting?

213420.jpg
I think it goes back to black face. Basically, if you darken your skin color for a costume you're immediately doing black face.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

Anyway, this reminds me of a story. When I was in high school there was a kid in my class named "Eric". On the first day of class the teacher was asking everyone's names as she went down the roster, and when she got to him he said his name, "Eric", only it came out as "Erk". So she asked, "Excuse me?" And he said, "Erk. Erk. Mah name Erk!"

I had a science teacher in junior high that couldn't properly pronounce half the words he taught us, let alone his own name. One particularly clueless kid (a good friend of mine of course) had the misfortune of being "axed" something about the "kastaristics of da Earf" (characteristics of the Earth). It was like a deer in headlights, and he made the teacher repeat the question so many times that "Mr. Yoke" (York) almost sent him to the principal.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider

So basically like this, but in reverse:

Azrayne_sl said:
The fact that half of the internet seem to be bitching about allegedly racist Halloween costumes. Maybe it's just that I'm Australian, and have minimal experience with both Halloween and black people, but I don't see how using makeup to make yourself look like a black TV character is inherently racist.
Trust me bro, whenever you see something that others label racist and you don't think it is, it's 100% because you're Australian.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I'm sick and tired of this shit. Basically everything funny offends someone these days, and I'm tired of hearing about it. A friend's girlfriend is "native american" (her dad is native, her mom's white as snow and raised her super political), and despite looking like a damn Swiss Miss ad she rants about native stereotypes all the time. Her current angst du juor is sexy indian costumes.

Oh, that reminds me. My jimmies get super rustled by people who abuse the word "privilege".

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I'm sick and tired of this shit. Basically everything funny offends someone these days, and I'm tired of hearing about it. A friend's girlfriend is "native american" (her dad is native, her mom's white as snow and raised her super political), and despite looking like a damn Swiss Miss ad she rants about native stereotypes all the time. Her current angst du juor is sexy indian costumes.

Oh, that reminds me. My jimmies get super rustled by people who abuse the word "privilege".
I agree with you that some people just run around looking for the world to offend them, no question. But I can also understand why people can get offended by others dressing up as sexy indians or whatever else. They're co-opting someone else's race and cultural heritage for their own amusement. Personally I don't give a shit, but I can see why some people would. Us white people did, after all, pretty much exterminate their people and then sequester them off in to conclaves of rampant poverty, sexual abuse, chemical dependency, and suicide. The least we could do is not dress up like a "sexy" version of them.

As far as blackface goes:Blackface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It should be pretty fucking obvious to anyone with half a brain why Blackface costumes can be perceived as very offensive to black people.