Whats rustling your jimmies?

Ben_sl

shitlord
Having a new car under warranty, then the check engine light comes on, I fire up ScanXL and pull the codes, my catalytic converter is bad.
I take it back to the VW dealer and tell them my catalytic converter is bad and I want it replaced, they refuse until they can hook up their "pewter" to it.
I show them what ScanXL says right there on my laptop, because I know they charge $100 dollars to hook up a OBD scanner, so they tell me to leave, so I let them do their diagnostic and it says the exact same thing, they replace my my catalytic converter for free and give me a bill for $480 dollars for hooking up their "pewter" or the exact same service autozone does for free.

Ben_sl

shitlord
Going in to get an annual safety inspection sticker and having the mechanic put green antifreeze on my water pump and tell me it's bad and needs to be replaced before it can pass inspection; my car's coolant is orangish/brown in color.
Or having one of them pull a vacuum line to the brake booster and say your brakes don't feel right.
Or say this here piece of metal isn't supposed to wiggle like that, It will only cost $700 dollars for a new one: really shit head if it's not supposed to move why is there a joint there to allow it to move? So what if it does barely move, I don't race formula one; that car has been driving smooth as silk for nine years after that, no other "safety inspector" has said a thing about it.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Going in to get an annual safety inspection sticker and having the mechanic put green antifreeze on my water pump and tell me it's bad and needs to be replaced before it can pass inspection; my car's coolant is orangish/brown in color.
Or having one of them pull a vacuum line to the brake booster and say your brakes don't feel right.
Or say this here piece of metal isn't supposed to wiggle like that, It will only cost $700 dollars for a new one: really shit head if it's not supposed to move why is there a joint there to allow it to move? So what if it does barely move, I don't race formula one; that car has been driving smooth as silk for nine years after that, no other "safety inspector" has said a thing about it.
Orange/brown coolant sounds like rust in your system to me. I've only ever seen green coolant, but I guess there are other colors.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Orange/brown coolant sounds like rust in your system to me. I've only ever seen green coolant, but I guess there are other colors.
There is orange coolant but its on a very narrow set of applications and on almost all of them there is a green coolant that meets whatever specification they might require. Coolant/water that contains rust tends to be murky is the best way to tell. I've seen it or I would think it was impossible but your radiator/whatever coolant lines are called in the engine that i can't think of are pretty fucked if your green coolant gets to the point it looks orange/red. What's more likely is the coolant is still green but rust has coated the overflow/radiator and it only appears orange/brown. Remove some and put it in a clear container and it will be some shade of green. It results from someone diluting their coolant with water or going so long between exchanges that the coolant breaks down.

Edit** Bored. Coolant only has two jobs. Transfer heat while not corroding the metal it contacts. Like all fluid it breaks down over time. Any shop that changes it should have test strips that test those two qualities. Once it has broken down to the point where it's no longer providing one or both of those functions it should be replaced. The only reason there is ever rust in coolant is someone doesn't give a shit about their car. It doesn't happen over night and any legit shop will catch it before it becomes an issue and suggest replacing and explain the reason for doing so. Is there crust around your coolant lines/radiator? Guess what you haven't taken care of your shit.

Edit** changed dissipate to transfer since it's more correcter and I want to be the righterest I can.

Ben_sl

shitlord
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuhbrKXNHqLA-vKly3912wCk0HnvurJUB47s-xALQ0NAKGT5JH.jpg
dexcool.jpg

There is purple crap also, to use the technical term
8143.jpg

PS purple crap doesn't play well with others

Ben_sl

shitlord
There is orange coolant but its on a very narrow set of applications and on almost all of them there is a green coolant that meets whatever specification they might require. Coolant/water that contains rust tends to be murky is the best way to tell. I've seen it or I would think it was impossible but your radiator/whatever coolant lines are called in the engine that i can't think of are pretty fucked if your green coolant gets to the point it looks orange/red. What's more likely is the coolant is still green but rust has coated the overflow/radiator and it only appears orange/brown. Remove some and put it in a clear container and it will be some shade of green. It results from someone diluting their coolant with water or going so long between exchanges that the coolant breaks down.
Nope I put the shit in dark/orange and it slowly darkens with age.

There is also pink shit
2713372462_34de6d3b21.jpg

let's not forget about blue balls
023758.jpg
d_3423.jpg

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Nope I put the shit in dark/orange and it slowly darkens with age.

There is also pink shit
2713372462_34de6d3b21.jpg

let's not forget about blue balls
023758.jpg
Jimmies confirmed rustled. If I was replying to you I would have quoted you. I was correcting the fine gentleman who did quote you in fact. Then I went on to address his statement in detail in regards to good honest green american coolant as I don't deal with those faggy foreign colors at my job other than to tell someone to fuck off to the dealership with their faggot car or replace their orange coolant with my green coolant on the applications where it is appropriate to do so.

The reasons being thus. I don't often deal with non-standard applications and could better address his misconception than your likely legitimate complaint about an inspection shop. Which by and large were lying cocksuckers on the rare occasions I was involved with them vis-?-vis telling someone who came in to my shop for repairs after being denied a sticker that their shit was fine when I worked in Virginia. We can have a circle jerk about evil mechanics if that's what your into though.

Ben_sl

shitlord
Jimmies confirmed rustled. If I was replying to you I would have quoted you. I was correcting the fine gentleman who did quote you in fact. Then I went on to address his statement in detail in regards to good honest green american coolant as I don't deal with those faggy foreign colors at my job other than to tell someone to fuck off to the dealership with their faggot car or replace their orange coolant with my green coolant on the applications where it is appropriate to do so.
Back in 1995, GM began to use "Dex-Cool" coolant in its vehicles.
Dex Cool is orange and made in the USA
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3nLyTAWpfEOjTn9DO__J2FsMwIvP2nRLPCyenPi-jbFD5cK5q.jpg

Ben_sl

shitlord
I think they have added a bitterant; to many dogs were dying from left out drain pans and to many French people were putting it in their wine.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
People who use word the audacity any chance they get. They heard that shit once, liked the way it sounded, looked the meaning up on Google and use the fuck out of it.

All the posters in the politics and gun control thread who jump at the chance to use the phrase " Knee jerk"

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
How dare you have the audacity to question my vocabulary choices.

Also, folks with the audacity to derail a rustlin' thread with heat transfer fluid discussion.