Whats rustling your jimmies?

Pennilenko

Silver Knight of the Realm
Here's what really wrestles my jimmies.

Hazard lights in hard rain/snow. No you haven't made yourself more visible asshole, your ordinary lights do just fine. All you've done is:
1) make it so that you can't signal to change lanes which is a huge problem on a highway in especially hazardous conditions
2) make it so that someone who really needs to apply hazard lights and pull over doesn't stand out in any way whatsoever.

Fuck the guy that thought this up originally and fuck all the sheep who copied him to make it so popular.
I fucking hate it when assholes do that here in S.W. Florida during the summer rains. They think it helps but its a serious distraction that draws attention away from other much needed visual information.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
The Anti-vaccine crowd...I really don't need to say anymore than that.
Blamethis guy,he's the one that legitimized the whole movement before being proven a fraud. He's also living proof that karma is a bullshit concept. His fraud has probably killed more people than the sum total of all deaths due to terrorism in the first world, and he basically got away with making millions of dollars by way of torturing small children. (His fake research involved performing spinal taps and bone marrow extractions on them to make it look legitimate.)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know what this website is, but someone from the bb.com misc got an article posted there. This doesn't rustle my jimmies at all. It's the crazy feminists that do. But the fact that this actually got published anywhere makes me laugh.

5 Things Women Need To Do In Their 20's (Or Else The Suffragists Died For Nothing)

3. Major in women's studies
This one is a no-brainer. If you don't agree you're probably an ignorant, sexist, transphobic, slut-shaming mysogynist cis white male and possibly a rapist.

Women's studies is not just a college course, it's a way of life. You learn so much about yourself and the sometimes, frankly, evil society that we live in. You will graduate a knowledgable unafraid young woman who will see the world through a warm and loving lens of social justice.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
When a big name actress playing a stripper is the only woman dancing with her clothes on. Come the fuck on.

hqdefault.jpg

Just cast someone else if she won't do it. She might have gobbled every director and producer's dick in Hollywood but we're the customers, here.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fuck, around here (D.C/MD/NOVA) it rustles my jimmies that you can't even FIND studio apartments anymore. I was apartment hunting recently and the only studio apartments were built in the 70s and are in the ghetto now. It seems like all the "newer" apartments, meaning built in the last 2 decades or so, only go as small as a 1 bedroom with a den or balcony or fireplace or other fancy shit. I wish I could just find a simple studio to live in and not get charged for shit I'm never going to need or use.
Inner city apartments have always made me think "what the fuck?" So you want to charge 1400 bucks to live in this 500 sq foot studio apartment thats been renovated out of an old ass building, another 250 every 3 months to park my car in the garage (thats 3/4 empty at any given time), and I still have to pay all my utilities? While I can leave downtown and go five minutes up the highway, get a 2000 square foot house with a Garage and swimming Pool for 1500/month, in a suburb thats built in the last decade.

Maybe this is normal to some of you. But it blows my f'n mind. My original thought was "Ok, I can move into the city - pay 6-700 a month for a small apartment and save some money."

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well living inside the city you're probably better off not having the car, but I get you on the rents.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Inner city apartments have always made me think "what the fuck?" So you want to charge 1400 bucks to live in this 500 sq foot studio apartment thats been renovated out of an old ass building, another 250 every 3 months to park my car in the garage (thats 3/4 empty at any given time), and I still have to pay all my utilities? While I can leave downtown and go five minutes up the highway, get a 2000 square foot house with a Garage and swimming Pool for 1500/month, in a suburb thats built in the last decade.

Maybe this is normal to some of you. But it blows my f'n mind. My original thought was "Ok, I can move into the city - pay 6-700 a month for a small apartment and save some money."
I gladly pay more to live in a city instead of living in some suburb.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Air pollution, shortened lifespan. Great idea.
Gap in Life Expectancy Between Rural and Urban Residents Is Growing | Center for Advancing Health

The study notes consistent overall increases in U.S. life expectancy during the past 40 years, from 70.8 years in 1970 to 78.7 years in 2010. In contrast, the study reveals the rural-urban gap widening from 0.4 years in 1969 to 1971 to 2.0 years in 2005 to 2009.
Granted, that's rural vs. urban. Couldn't really find anything about urban vs. suburban.

As far as the choice between living urban, suburban or rural in North America, there's tons of trade-offs regardless of which you choose. You might be able to afford a bigger house or apartment outside of a city center, but the flip side to that is spending a lot more time commuting to/from work, getting less exercise due to car dependency vs. being able to walk/bike, being more removed from cultural amenities like museums, art galleries, concert venues, restaurants, bars, and so on.

And then there's the entire issue of the environmental consequences of suburban and rural living. People who live in dense urban centers use far, far less of the Earth's resources than those living in far flung suburbs, whether you're looking at water or land use, GHG emissions, or other natural resources.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Gap in Life Expectancy Between Rural and Urban Residents Is Growing | Center for Advancing Health

Granted, that's rural vs. urban. Couldn't really find anything about urban vs. suburban.

As far as the choice between living urban, suburban or rural in North America, there's tons of trade-offs regardless of which you choose. You might be able to afford a bigger house or apartment outside of a city center, but the flip side to that is spending a lot more time commuting to/from work, getting less exercise due to car dependency vs. being able to walk/bike, being more removed from cultural amenities like museums, art galleries, concert venues, restaurants, bars, and so on.

And then there's the entire issue of the environmental consequences of suburban and rural living. People who live in dense urban centers use far, far less of the Earth's resources than those living in far flung suburbs, whether you're looking at water or land use, GHG emissions, or other natural resources.
My Monica.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I

I stand corrected - for the united states - and other places as well. Good find!

It's the other way around in the UK:
Country dwellers live longer, report on 'rural idyll' shows | UK news | The Guardian
It's official: move to the countryside and you live longer. Men in rural areas on average can expect to celebrate their 78th birthday - two years longer than those in the city - while women will pass 82, almost a year and a half more than their urban peers, new figures show.
Variations in life expectancy between rural an... [Health Stat Q. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI
For the 2001-07 period, life expectancy at birth in England was 76.9 years for males and 81.3 years for females. However, when deprivation was examined, results between the most deprived and least deprived quintiles varied by 7.8 years for men and 5.4 years for women.Overall, life expectancy was higher in rural areas than in urban areas.
This is interesting to say the least. Can you provide data similar to this - density, large cities etc, Eomer?
Rural population (% of total population) in the United Kingdom

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
fucking pussy-ass google is changing their search. No more underlines to links, font is different and big. Less results displayed on a single page. It looks like something from a fucking decade ago. Fuck them and their fucking shit
This. New format is fucking garbage.
This drove me nuts yesterday. I thought I turned something off by accident. I fucking hate it.
I don't see a difference. Did they roll it back?

Fadaar

That guy
People who don't respond to text messages even though they have their phone on them 24/7. Not even a quick reply, just... at all.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Izo_sl said:
This is interesting to say the least. Can you provide data similar to this - density, large cities etc, Eomer?
To be honest, I don't really care enough to look. I think that the differences in life expectancy between rural and urban populations in both NA and Europe boil down to rich vs. poor. It just so happens that the situations are reversed, for the most part. People who live out in the country in NA tend to be poorer, while in Europe they tend to be wealthier. Bam, there's your differences in life expectancy.