Whats rustling your jimmies?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Two jimmy rustlers really getting to me today at work.

First, the people that still don't get even the tiniest part of technology. We have a program that we do a lot of our work in. For sending things out to contractors, we use that program to print a report in PDF format and send it via email (instead of mailing 8 physical copies like we used to have to do a few years ago). We save that PDF for convenience so you don't have to go into the program to look at something quickly, but it isn't a constantly updated thing. But I'll have some guy ask me to make changes in the program, which I do, and then a couple days later he'll ask me why it isn't changed. I'll tell him that it is, and show him in the program. He'll say, "Oh, you mean it doesn't change the PDF too?" Honest to God, I've had this conversation at least twenty times in the past few years...and we don't have 20 employees! (Note: There is no requirement for me to update that PDF, because everyone is supposed to be able to look in the program and get the most up-to-date version at any time. Only 3-4 of us actually can. It even shows the date on the report, so if it is more than a few days old, go print a new one, or at least ask one of us that can!)

Second jimmy rustler: The two conspiracy theory nutjobs (female) at work are now full-throttle into selling this fucking skin cream that is nothing but a pyramid scheme. The great thing is, it is made out of oleander extract, which of course is a poisonous plant. Like, it can kill you quite easily if you have enough of it, blind you if it gets in your eyes, etc. Now, I'm smart enough to realize it might be in a form or low enough concentration that it isn't harmful, but they are both ones that don't want to take vaccines because they have mercury in them. I ask them how they can rationalize taking one poisonous substance in low doses, but not another, and of course they don't have an answer. But the non-stop trying to convince people to buy this fucking $80 a bottle face cream (one month supply), talking about the meetings they go to where they are learning "positive thinking" and a whole new lifestyle and how they are doing something with their life to make a positive change...gah, I just want to start shooting. It is hitting exactly the same buttons as conspiracy theories do for them, which is the "I know something you don't know, therefore I am superior" button. Just like when I tell them I don't believe all the conspiracy crap, they felt superior because I was "asleep." Now that I don't see the point to $80 face cream, let alone trying to sell said cream to other rubes, I am not "open to new things." They know something I don't, in their minds, and thus I am doomed to a life of failure and terrorist attacks and bad skin, I guess.

Fuck!

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Second jimmy rustler: The two conspiracy theory nutjobs (female) at work are now full-throttle into selling this fucking skin cream that is nothing but a pyramid scheme. The great thing is, it is made out of oleander extract, which of course is a poisonous plant. Like, it can kill you quite easily if you have enough of it, blind you if it gets in your eyes, etc. Now, I'm smart enough to realize it might be in a form or low enough concentration that it isn't harmful, but they are both ones that don't want to take vaccines because they have mercury in them. I ask them how they can rationalize taking one poisonous substance in low doses, but not another, and of course they don't have an answer. But the non-stop trying to convince people to buy this fucking $80 a bottle face cream (one month supply), talking about the meetings they go to where they are learning "positive thinking" and a whole new lifestyle and how they are doing something with their life to make a positive change...gah, I just want to start shooting. It is hitting exactly the same buttons as conspiracy theories do for them, which is the "I know something you don't know, therefore I am superior" button. Just like when I tell them I don't believe all the conspiracy crap, they felt superior because I was "asleep." Now that I don't see the point to $80 face cream, let alone trying to sell said cream to other rubes, I am not "open to new things." They know something I don't, in their minds, and thus I am doomed to a life of failure and terrorist attacks and bad skin, I guess.

Fuck!
Get them to start drinkingthis stuff

AQUAMANTRA was inspired by a 2004 film, "What the Bleep Do We Know?!" This Movie discussed the underlying quantum mechanics of our world. It showed how reality is changed with every thought.Dr. Masaru Emoto, who was featured in the film, wrote a book called "Hidden Messages in Water," he showed us the basic principles of quantum theory, whereby the molecular structure of water was changed by a Zen Buddhist monk's thought. Based on this premise, AQUAMANTRA uses the design on its labels to affect the molecular structure of ourCaliforniasourcedPremium Natural Spring Water. We're combining the potency of the universe with the abundant streams of our mother earth to create what we like to call the
ELIXIR OF LIFE.

Then they can feel even more smug about themselves. You can feel smug watching them throw away even more money.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I had a coworker who peddled knockoff energy drinks and he never once tried to sell it to any one of us or get any of us involved in the scam company he was "working" for. Jimmies.. kind of tickled, really.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I had a coworker who peddled knockoff energy drinks and he never once tried to sell it to any one of us or get any of us involved in the scam company he was "working" for. Jimmies.. kind of tickled, really.
Don't shit where you eat - done right?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Get them to start drinkingthis stuff

Then they can feel even more smug about themselves. You can feel smug watching them throw away even more money. [/FONT]
Their sister/aunt actually drinks ionized water already, and swears by it. Of course, she's too fucking poor to actually buy it so she mooches from her minister because he feels sorry for her.

Funny thing is, they both think she is the nutty one.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
They know something I don't, in their minds, and thus I am doomed to a life of failure and terrorist attacks and bad skin, I guess.

Fuck!
In their defense, you don't even know to update a fucking PDF when you make software changes. So they might be onto something.

Their sister/aunt actually drinks ionized water already, and swears by it. Of course, she's too fucking poor to actually buy it so she mooches from her minister because he feels sorry for her.

Funny thing is, they both think she is the nutty one.
Someone should teach her to make her own ionized water with a couple of bare wires plugged into the wall.

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
To be honest, I don't really care enough to look. I think that the differences in life expectancy between rural and urban populations in both NA and Europe boil down to rich vs. poor. It just so happens that the situations are reversed, for the most part. People who live out in the country in NA tend to be poorer, while in Europe they tend to be wealthier. Bam, there's your differences in life expectancy.
May also be related to the "investigative report" on tonights Daily Show, about using flying hospitals to deliver medical care to rural areas in the US.

Sloshed

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've got this idiot co-worker who keeps coming into my office to sleep. He gives me some lame excuse as to why he is so tired and he sits down with his back to the door and just goes to sleep for a hour while I work. It is extremely awkward and has happened multiple times.

Last week he came in and I was pissy as hell and I told him you are not sleeping today so he sat down and just kind of stared off into space while I worked. And then right in front of me he starts digging in his ears and eating ear wax. I almost puked at my desk. I didn't know what to say but this dude is Full Metal Jacket kind of crazy and I know he is on lithium and is seriously annoying the fuck out of me.

Chesire_sl

shitlord
I've got this idiot co-worker who keeps coming into my office to sleep. He gives me some lame excuse as to why he is so tired and he sits down with his back to the door and just goes to sleep for a hour while I work. It is extremely awkward and has happened multiple times.

Last week he came in and I was pissy as hell and I told him you are not sleeping today so he sat down and just kind of stared off into space while I worked. And then right in front of me he starts digging in his ears and eating ear wax. I almost puked at my desk. I didn't know what to say but this dude is Full Metal Jacket kind of crazy and I know he is on lithium and is seriously annoying the fuck out of me.
Protein drinks and eggwhites diet , or whatever works for you in causing gas. The power of raging asswind compels you to begone bubbles spawn.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>

Can't you tell his boss that he keeps slacking off? Or tell your boss that this slacker is hurting your ability to work? I.e. kick the problem upstairs.

Izo

Tranny Chaser

Beefing up the immune system and sleeping at work. This guy is a genius. Snicker.

Sloshed

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can't you tell his boss that he keeps slacking off? Or tell your boss that this slacker is hurting your ability to work? I.e. kick the problem upstairs.
No I can't. The boss for some reason has taken him on like a pet project. He actually rents a house from the boss so there is no chance there. A few years back we were slow and the boss called me and a couple of guys in to ask about who we could let go and still get by and the first words out of his mouth were "and no we aren't getting rid of XXXX".

Here is a pic of said mouthbreather and yes I know I'm on twitter and the internet and not working so don't start.
rrr_img_62906.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Sloshed, are those IC board part-placement lines? Looks like the old Motorola production factory I worked at in the 90's(but less modern and with more fat guys sleeping).

Sloshed

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sloshed, are those IC board part-placement lines? Looks like the old Motorola production factory I worked at in the 90's(but less modern and with more fat guys sleeping).
Yes I work in electronics contract mfg for a small company now. Those are Fuji machines from the mid 1990s. IIRC there was a Motorola plant in Huntsville, Al in the mid 90s that used Fuji equipment before it shut down.