Whats rustling your jimmies?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I gotta' get the Canuck's back here. Poutine is delicious.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ok, you're severely misrepresenting poutine. It's not "cheese," but rather cheese curds. It's also not "gravy," but some kind of brown sauce that vaguely resembles gravy. As for your picture, it looks like someone took a whisky shit on a $5 Little Caesars pizza.

Also:

I think Eomer just called me fat.
frown.png
So, if it's not gravy but brown and similar in viscous quality...what is it?

Serious answers only!

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
So, if it's not gravy but brown and similar in viscous quality...what is it?

Serious answers only!
Just because it looks similar and has a similar texture doesn't mean it's the same thing. I hope you're not one of those idiots who calls any sort of sauce you pour on something 'gravy'. I used to get people calling spaghetti sauce 'gravy' when I worked in a restaurant.

*Edit* I should add that I'm talking about fast food poutine, which I'm sure is a different beast compared to homemade.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just because it looks similar and has a similar texture doesn't mean it's the same thing. I hope you're not one of those idiots who calls any sort of sauce you pour on something 'gravy'. I used to get people calling spaghetti sauce 'gravy' when I worked in a restaurant.

*Edit* I should add that I'm talking about fast food poutine, which I'm sure is a different beast compared to homemade.
No, I first encountered that when watching the Sopranos. That episode where Paulie visits Italy and asks for some gravy on his macaroni. My guinea wife had to explain.

But, back to our regularly scheduled rustling. Since gravy can technically be made from just vegetables(i.e. stock), even that stuff made from packets or cubes is still gravy. Brown, viscous, and savory? It's likely gravy.

McCheese

You can call it whatever you want, but unless it's the stuff you put on a turkey at Thanksgiving then I don't consider it gravy. It's brown sauce.

By the way, I eat a lot of shitty food and thoroughly enjoy shitty food. Therefore, the fact that poutine is too shitty for even me to enjoy is pretty damning for the dish.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You can use the terms almost interchangeably. I think 'gravy' is a handmedown from our food-challenged forebearers. I don't think it really adds any further classification beyond brown sauce or stock. Otherwise, what's mushroom gravy, or onion gravy, or egg gravy? Don't look that last one up, it sounds disgusting.

McCheese

Lol you're such an engineer. "classification". Like some kind of food-bot, I love it.

Gravy is the shit I put on turkey at Thanksgiving. If it isn't that, then it is something else. Mushroom gravy, onion gravy, egg gravy are nothing, because to me they aren't gravy. They're brown (I assume) sauces.

I'm sure you're technically correct in what you're saying about gravy, but in my narrow world view it simply isn't true. Poutine has curds and brown sauce.

Great Ogre Dictator

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think the only definitive traits to be a gravy is that it must be based on pan drippings, and uses a starch as a thickener. The actual liquid varies, from cream to coffee (red eye gravy).

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
No, I first encountered that when watching the Sopranos. That episode where Paulie visits Italy and asks for some gravy on his macaroni. My guinea wife had to explain.
I come from a long line of guineas and we call that shit sauce if it's tomato-based! Fuckin' Paulie...

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the only definitive traits to be a gravy is that it must be based on pan drippings, and uses a starch as a thickener. The actual liquid varies, from cream to coffee (red eye gravy).
That's exactly what it is and you can make it from beef or chicken as easily as turkey. IDK what McCheese is on about with it being so specific to Thanksgiving, but if you have actually made gravy then you know that's what it is, IDK what's on poutine, I've never tried it.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
On the topic of touch typing, it rustled my jimmies to have to rebind wasd to esdf in every goddamn game ever made.

When using kbm to play fps first became a thing, the very first control scheme people came up with was "well duh, your fingers are right on esdf, it works perfect you should use tha- NO, MY TINY BOY HANDS CANNOT REACH THE SHIFT KEY AT THE SAME TIME, YOU MUST USE WASD INSTEAD!!!!111" and now that retarded shit is standard and I can't use it because I learned how to touch type properly ten years before fps even existed.

Jilariz_sl

shitlord
Last many posts = soda vs pop. Someone is wrong, in this case I don't know nor care, but it's fucking soda. Throw some extra shit on fries and call it something else, okay, fine, but when you have to explain the difference between thanksgiving and your stupid food, you are doing it wrong.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Wakandan wut? Civilized world my ass, people around here call it pop and in no way is Southern WV civilized. It's soda you heathen mongrel.

rrr_img_63885.jpg

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here in the civilized world it's called Pop, motherfucker.http://popvssoda.com:2998/
Civilized? All the most culturally and technically advanced societies in the nation say soda, the bumpkin ass country folk of the empty lands for the most part say pop, and the mouth breathing bible belt southern retards predictably call every damn thing "Coke".

0LiUGly.png