Whats rustling your jimmies?

iannis

Musty Nester
Well, you see, down here in the south if you told the waitress "I'll have a pop"...

waitresses down here just don't fuck around.

Honestly though if you're ordering you generally specify. If you're offering... lol, who the fuck knows what you're gonna get? I've been asked "Wanna coke or something?" and what I get in no way resembles coca-cola. Which is no big deal considering that it's free.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
It's called coke you god damn heathens. I know it's hard to get it straight between all the flag burning and butt sex they have up north but Jesus tap dancing Christ.

biggrin.png

Moving along....was at the vet because my dog has some sort of rash. She's laying on the floor under the bench and this shit kicker Pomeranian comes flying out of owners arms at us. My dog just sits there ignoring it while the other dogs owner goes into hysterics about how my Benadryl stuffed dog attacked them. Wtf...

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Either things have changed in the last twenty years or so, or there is something up with that map. All of my relatives are from Wisconsin, and they all call it pop. They also call lunch dinner, and dinner supper, so the meals in order go breakfast, dinner, supper. As a kid I never knew wtf meal they were talking about.

For the record, it is soda.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Either things have changed in the last twenty years or so, or there is something up with that map. All of my relatives are from Wisconsin, and they all call it pop. They also call lunch dinner, and dinner supper, so the meals in order go breakfast, dinner, supper. As a kid I never knew wtf meal they were talking about.

Yeah, that map is a broad generalization of the trend. You can find more accurate maps that show lots of little pockets of variance in word choice scattered around, and of course there are lots of areas of overlap where it is common to hear more than one variation.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider

Same here in PA. Never heard anyone call it pop, always soda.

My older family members and farmers in general also do the same thing here with breakfast, dinner, supper. It was explained to me that dinner is the biggest meal of the day. So the farmers around here eat their biggest meal at noon and then have a light meal in the evening at supper.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Same here in PA. Never heard anyone call it pop, always soda.

My older family members and farmers in general also do the same thing here with breakfast, dinner, supper. It was explained to me that dinner is the biggest meal of the day. So the farmers around here eat their biggest meal at noon and then have a light meal in the evening at supper.
Where in PA? Seems like in western PA they definitely call it "poauwp" (hard to put that accent into text).

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, living in the new orleans metro area I suppose we are such a melting pot that I hear all those terms often, and the one probably most commonly used isn't even on there, cold drinks.

Working in my uncle's hardware store as a teenager we had a coke/soda/pop/cold drink machine in the back of the store and I was legit asked by a customer one time where do we keep our hot cold drinks, meaning they wanted a soda, but they didn't want it cold out of the vending machine.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Bought a new package of black socks at Target. Take them home, open them, and one has a hole in it. Fuck you, Target.