Whats rustling your jimmies?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The worst thing about jury duty for me is that the courthouse is in the middle of the 'hood and I feel like I'm going to get shot heading down there. Not to mention spending the day with a sampling of average Americans; i.e., the dregs of society.

Edit: on the tickle my pickle side, I've never actually been chosen to sit on a trial since I'm an upstanding white guy; I don't exactly fit the definition of "peer" for the people committing crimes in this area.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I got picked for jury duty once. But it was grand jury duty. If you ever get called in for grand jury selection don't try to weasel your way out of it. That shit is entertaining and you aren't in a courtroom. You're just deciding what goes to trial and what doesn't. And it's fantastic.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I wish I could volunteer for Jury duty. I've gotten summons for people who used to have my address, and I called up asking if I could take their place and got denied.

Siliconemelons

At least here in FL you can volunteer once a year, as that's the max for random summons is once a year. If you voluntarily go in your names out of the hat for a year. They say it's so you can schedule it if your one of those people that just cannot ever randomly have a slight interruption lol.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
I got picked for jury duty once. But it was grand jury duty. If you ever get called in for grand jury selection don't try to weasel your way out of it. That shit is entertaining and you aren't in a courtroom. You're just deciding what goes to trial and what doesn't. And it's fantastic.
A+ on that one. I had grand jury duty before and its fantastic . You keep getting called back for 3 days every 2 months for a year. The stuff you see is simply fantastic/horrible all at the same time.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Called out order. Lady says it's hers; opens up and contaminates each item, and then goes ballistic because we messed up her order - when in fact she grabbed the wrong bag even though we said what it was and confirmed with her what it was before she took it. Then she gets mad that we let her take the wrong bag demanding that her order should be free (We also have to remake the order she ruined for another person)

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
Called out order. Lady says it's hers; opens up and contaminates each item, and then goes ballistic because we messed up her order - when in fact she grabbed the wrong bag even though we said what it was and confirmed with her what it was before she took it. Then she gets mad that we let her take the wrong bag demanding that her order should be free (We also have to remake the order she ruined for another person)
This happens all the time when I order from starbucks, some fucking soccer mom puts her hands on every item they throw down, contaminating everything.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I wish they had juries in my country. I'd try and get myself on them and then vote based solely on my prejudices. Hot blond chick? Not guilty! Shifty eyed darkie? Hang him!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
At least here in FL you can volunteer once a year, as that's the max for random summons is once a year. If you voluntarily go in your names out of the hat for a year. They say it's so you can schedule it if your one of those people that just cannot ever randomly have a slight interruption lol.
Around here when you get called, you can go online and schedule your date. Maybe I should go to that website and try scheduling a time even without a summons. I can't remember if there was any kind of keycode to enter. I wonder if there's a strat that will land me on a grand jury.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I wish they had juries in my country. I'd try and get myself on them and then vote based solely on my prejudices. Hot blond chick? Not guilty! Shifty eyed darkie? Hang him!
So, pretty much like the usual jurors?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Leave car for service (alternator cutting out), drive away from shop, same problem immediately reoccurs. Yay.

Siliconemelons

Leave car for service (alternator cutting out), drive away from shop, same problem immediately reoccurs. Yay.
how can you tell your alternator is randomly cutting in and out while driving...usually it just results in a dead battery and no-start...?

NM.. I guess I never had a COMPLETE alternator fail where it does not produce operational charge- so if its doing absolutely nothing, and your battery is dead then yeah :p Usually when the alternator is dead it just means its not producing charge to charge the battery sufficiently ... alternators are about 100$ and usually fairly easy to replace.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Jury duty tomorrow. Called and confirmed it's on
frown.png
Pro tip I learned from a judge. Did they send your jury duty summons certified mail? No? Then you never received it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Pro tip I learned from a judge. Did they send your jury duty summons certified mail? No? Then you never received it.
I blew off a jury duty summons and got a threatening summons a few months later. I went to that one. The people who didn't show up to that one got warrants issued.

Your county may vary.

stonewall_sl

shitlord
Most gas stations have 20 plus gas pumps and only 2 diesel pumps but you can bet your sweet ass even if only 3 cars are getting gas two of them will be blocking the diesel pumps.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Many of the gas stations in Jacksonville are all dual pumps, gas and diesel. Which made for fun time when I was working at a boat dealership, and customers filled up their diesel truck, swapped over to the boat without thinking.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
People who refuse to use the laxatives provided before having their colonoscopies, thus forcing me to literally dig through a pile of their feces to find the relevant polyp tissue that got taken out.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
People who refuse to use the laxatives provided before having their colonoscopies, thus forcing me to literally dig through a pile of their feces to find the relevant polyp tissue that got taken out.
You should bag it and give it to them as a souvenir.

P.S. - Shitty job.... HURRRRRRRR

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Working to 7am on my only day off to have the next shift give me extra shit that they can easily do themselves forcing me to stay nearly an hour longer.
Missed my dental appointment and pushing it back two hours; hope I don't get fined.
Like seriously, there are three of them and one of me. They're just leaning. When they made me stop mopping the floors to make the simplest fucking sandwich on our menu so they could talk with the coffee hostess that shouldn't even be on our side, I made the sandwich but I left the mop and bucket for whomever else not me.

Shitty schedules for no damn reason at all. I've been wanting a change since last November. Job hunting should be a fuckton easier.