Whats rustling your jimmies?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you go to switch tabs but end up clicking the red-circled X instead.
Shit happens on my work PC all the time. The computer is slow as balls. Sometimes you click the X to close an unwanted tab, nothing happens so you think you might have misclicked, so go to click again and in 0.1 seconds the old tab disappears and you close what you wanted to keep open.

[flipdesk.jpg]

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
CTRL SHIFT T if you're using Chrome will restore the tab you closed, assuming you're not browsing in Incognito trying to hide your shame. Not sure if the same combo exists for any other browsers.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Oh, I know all about ctrl-shift-T. It's helpful for the most part, but at work I have a decent amount of tabs open that basically just nice looking reports for database queries. Accidental closing and ctrl-shift-T means you have to sit around waiting for the query to rerun.

Fedor

<Banned>
people who click on tabs to get to them or click the X to close them

CTRL + TAB and CTRL + SHIFT + TAB
CTRL + W

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Eh, maybe, I'll give it a try. I wasn't joking about having 16+ tabs open, no hotkey to take me directly to 9 - 15.

People that leave dirty dishes and food containers on their desk for more than a day.

Fedor

<Banned>
people who open up over a dozen tabs in a single window instead of simply having two windows with fewer tabs

Fedor

<Banned>
have few enough tabs per window so that the tabs are big enough to not accidentally close when clicking on them ya dingus

1354043354_1.jpg

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh, I know all about ctrl-shift-T. It's helpful for the most part, but at work I have a decent amount of tabs open that basically just nice looking reports for database queries. Accidental closing and ctrl-shift-T means you have to sit around waiting for the query to rerun.
Ah yea, I feel your pain but usually only at the start of the month when I have to dump reports from all the shit I maintain. Some of them take 30 min to run and if I close the tab same thing it has to re-query all the info in the report to get it back.

Speaking of which, enterprise tools which report on stuff but don't save a copy of the report after it runs for easy download if say you mistakenly close a tab rustle me a ton.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I bet Fedor has his browsers all organised and shit. One window only has tabs containing kittens, one only has tabs containing hot, fit girls, one only has tabs containing trannies, one only has his pro-fat feminist tumblrs that he stalks and takes pics of. He's a pro!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
In April my credit score was 805. I have no payments other than my normal credit card usage. I have one credit card. No other bills outside of that other than utilities and property tax etc.. I own my two homes outright with no mortage. I own my two vehicles outright. I mostly use the credit card for purchases that are more than the maximum debit card limit in a 24 hour period etc...

I got sick and didn't have anyone with a power of attorney. Due to the brain swelling while being sick I really was of right mind to put it shortly. I had a $137 bill from the hospital I was in due to the problem. After 60 days that single bill went to collections.

Now my credit is 635 due to a collection which says on my credit 7 years and my lack of other outstanding credit because I pay cash for everything.

Rustled.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can't you contact the collections agency, pay the $135, and have them remove it from your credit report? Or something.

People who tell me the "Oriental" should be used to only describe objects (e.g. rugs, salads) not people. Apparently I missed the SJW class where "Asian" is the only acceptable nomenclature for that general race.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
I had Cox send a bullshit claims to a collection agency to go after me 6 years after the fact. They said I didn't turn in my cable box. Which of course is bullshit because I remember the only office that would take it was a 35 mile drive and I remember bitching the entire way. And of course I didn't still have my receipt 6 years later. Who the fuck does?

Point is I had to pay the 200 bucks and ya it was taken off my credit report though. As in erased. So I guess it depends on the asshole company and collection agency.