Whats rustling your jimmies?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
lol I have a 3.0 Surfboard, I'm just guessing that's what he's got. But yea, you are not going to see more than maybe 25-30 Mbps on 2.0 in real world conditions as I recall.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
lol I have a 3.0 Surfboard, I'm just guessing that's what he's got. But yea, you are not going to see more than maybe 25-30 Mbps on 2.0 in real world conditions as I recall.
Yah I had a 2.0 and they sent me the notice to upgrade my modem for the low price of 8 bucks a month for life! Get fucked Cox. Just bought one and got the increased speeds.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Also, Arris modems are huge pieces of shit. If you have one, take it back and buy a different brand of your own.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gave a guy free advice probably saving him hundreds of dollars his shady tree mechanic would have charged changing shit that didn't need to be changed and he busts my balls over the price of the two o-rings I sell him, a big $9 sale there.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Not you! The reason I asked is because he probably needs a DOCSIS 3.0 modern to get the advertised speeds. How the fuck are you getting those speeds on a 1.0?
Finally got a new modem myself, the last one was actually responsible for horridly high ping(200ms-1,200ms for online games) and like 5 random disconnects every 10 minutes. Was about to blame my ISP, but new 3.0 modem fixed it.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I frequent a wargame fan site and am a contributing member to a thread that makes custom units.
Art guy passes the torch and the new one keeps fucking up the Army Cards that tell what the figures do, verbiage. All he has to do is copy and paste and then shift the words around to fit. Is he even proofreading? Fuck! I've corrected him on spelling, on putting in extra words, on not indenting, on pretty much everything. Not indenting bullet lists is just lazy! I'm about ready to go off on him. I'm making me feel like the jerk for correcting him but shit man

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I frequent a wargame fan site and am a contributing member to a thread that makes custom units.
Art guy passes the torch and the new one keeps fucking up the Army Cards that tell what the figures do, verbiage. All he has to do is copy and paste and then shift the words around to fit. Is he even proofreading? Fuck! I've corrected him on spelling, on putting in extra words, on not indenting, on pretty much everything. Not indenting bullet lists is just lazy! I'm about ready to go off on him. I'm making me feel like the jerk for correcting him but shit man
Is there still a first world problems thread? I guess it might as well be this thread.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eight year relationship ending during the trial for my best friends murderer. Trial ran M-F and I was there every day for our friends and his family who are from out of state and don't know anyone. Like trying to keep people from breaking down or fighting in the courthouse when his killers family laughs at his mom and sister in the halls. Seeing pictures of his body. Chasing his sister out of the courthouse when the verdict of EIGHT YEARS for shooting my friend in the back of the head at 3am on a dirt road, stuffing him in her trunk, and taking him to a pig farm is read. Ending up between her and a cliff edge. Having something inside me just break when I get her to sit down and she starts screaming in anguish. Fucked up stuff.
My jimmies just got rustled to hell and back from reading this story. If someone close to me ever gets murdered I swear to god I will never allow it to be resolved in a courtroom.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Windows in my car stopped working recently and can't manually roll them up or down. Got in my car yesterday and when I unlock the door I hear a weird sound. Turn on A/C and one of the vents starts making a loud grinding sound for a few minutes then is quiet. Vent stops working. Start up my car again later and the A/C stops blowing cold air out. Buy one of those big cans of A/C Pro and empty the whole can. Still no cold air today. Jimmies rustled.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
My jimmies just got rustled to hell and back from reading this story. If someone close to me ever gets murdered I swear to god I will never allow it to be resolved in a courtroom.
It's rough... A lot of folks feel/felt that way and I've had many a conversation trying to defuse talk like that. It won't bring him back and it won't make it better. I won't shed a tear if she gets beaten to death in prison but someone ruining their life for some kind of street justice isn't worth it. It's a very difficult pill to swallow, especially for me but the point is to punish AND rehabilitate. I don't think that will happen personally but... hopefully it will. She's now a felon. She will lose the civil suit his family filed for wrongful death. But she was only given 8 years and could be out in as little as fourteen months via parole. Hopefully she isn't and I'll be at any hearings to speak against it but when she IS out all I can hope for is that she changes and does something good with her life. No matter what she does it could never be enough but it's all I can hope for. In reality she will come out the same lying, abusive, manipulating whore she went in but c'est la vie.

Hopefully my jimmies can start to unrustle here soon. On top of the trial we held our annual charity 5K/pancake breakfast yesterday for the memorial scholarship fund. The trial fucked us pretty bad and being unemployed since I'm taking care of my mom(and was about to move home haha...) I had time to go crazy trying to get word out and find sponsors and shit for the last two weeks. Attendance was disappointing but even without our sponsors we would have been well into the black at least. But it's over and after I talk to his sister tonight I can finally get some distance from it for a while.

I had planned to post about it and try to sell a few of our shirts on the forums and even got permission to do so. Decided against it because I would have needed to put too much personal info out there. I don't care but didn't want the other people involved getting harassed by some of the dipshits around here. On that note though if anyone wants to buy a bright orange 5K/Pancake Breakfast shirt covered in sponsors on the back for $25(S&H included) PM me and I'll get you set up. It all goes to the scholarship fund and we are a 501c3. Don't think you can write off the shirts though? I'd have to ask.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
K-mart in general rustles my jimmies. I'd never go there but I have to travel another 30 min to get to a Walmart or Target. They always put merchandise or food products in the middle of the isles so when ever you come across someone stopped in an isle you have to Tokyo drift your cart around the bullshit in the isles to get around them. Other stores do that bullshit too. Isles shouldn't be crammed full of bull shit. They should be clear so you can get to where you need them. Also their checkout process is soooo fucking slow.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Windows in my car stopped working recently and can't manually roll them up or down. Got in my car yesterday and when I unlock the door I hear a weird sound. Turn on A/C and one of the vents starts making a loud grinding sound for a few minutes then is quiet. Vent stops working. Start up my car again later and the A/C stops blowing cold air out. Buy one of those big cans of A/C Pro and empty the whole can. Still no cold air today. Jimmies rustled.
What kind of car? If it sounded like a grinding noise coming from one of the vents it could be an ac actuator, and based an it not blowing cold air, probably the temperature ac actuator.

Oh and for the windows, all the windows stopped working at the same time? If so can you raise/lower them with another switch?, if so its your master window switch. If not its a fuse or short. Hrmmm...just noticed you said manually, that makes no sense that all manual windows would stop working at the same time, manual means it would have been some mechanical failure and to have multiple windows go out at the same time is just very unusual.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I thought when he said manually, he was just pointing out that there's no provision for doing it manually. I've never seen a car with power windows that had a manual override, but it's not a terrible idea.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
K-mart in general rustles my jimmies. I'd never go there but I have to travel another 30 min to get to a Walmart or Target. They always put merchandise or food products in the middle of the isles so when ever you come across someone stopped in an isle you have to Tokyo drift your cart around the bullshit in the isles to get around them. Other stores do that bullshit too. Isles shouldn't be crammed full of bull shit. They should be clear so you can get to where you need them. Also their checkout process is soooo fucking slow.
I hear ya. As much as I hate going to Walmart, K-Mart is still my all-time most hated store for shitty layouts, cluttered aisles, and the world's worst customers. People of K-Mart would make people of Walmart look like classy one-percenters.

mr208

N00b
I hear ya. As much as I hate going to Walmart, K-Mart is still my all-time most hated store for shitty layouts, cluttered aisles, and the world's worst customers. People of K-Mart would make people of Walmart look like classy one-percenters.
I knew there was a reason K-Mart filed bankruptcy awhile ago... In general I agree, usually pricier than Wally and shittier quality.

joz123

Potato del Grande
What kind of car? If it sounded like a grinding noise coming from one of the vents it could be an ac actuator, and based an it not blowing cold air, probably the temperature ac actuator.

Oh and for the windows, all the windows stopped working at the same time? If so can you raise/lower them with another switch?, if so its your master window switch. If not its a fuse or short. Hrmmm...just noticed you said manually, that makes no sense that all manual windows would stop working at the same time, manual means it would have been some mechanical failure and to have multiple windows go out at the same time is just very unusual.
2000 SATURN. Theres one set of switches for each window in the center console. The driver side window started getting stuck halfway down a lot and finally just stopped working along with the other windows.