Whats rustling your jimmies?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
10 years ago, it was illegal to charge more for credit card purchases. I'm not sure when it happened, but the law either changed, or people have found a loophole. Might just be a loophole because I've noticed it's mostly small businesses who do it now. The only gas station I've seen do that is not a corporate owned store.

Around here, they play games with all sorts of discounts. discount if you get a car wash, discount for your grocer reward card, discount if you pay with a gift certificate. You have to pay attention to the signs to know which price they're advertising.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
They aren't charging "more" for credit cards. They are giving a discount for cash. Voila. Loopholed!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
it pisses me off how it's okay for gas stations to charge 10 cents more per gallon if you use a credit card.

No other business does that. I know there may be a fee if you use credit for a very low purchase, but altogether changing the price because you use a card?...fuck you. I think therewastalk of some businesses doing that in my area, but that whole concept got quickly shot down...

Because we all rely heavily on gas-driven transportation, this is particularly frustrating because we use so much of it...and chances are unless you're a stripper, drug dealer, or daddy warbucks, you don't have wads of cash rammed in your pockets.

So the point remains...why the hell do people seem okay with gas stations being allowed to increase the price knowing that most people would probably have no other option?

fucking gas stations...
Lots of other businesses do that, especially mom and pop stores. They give a discount for paying cash. I pay cash for everything and always ask. You probably won't see it at large mega chain retails stores however. I buy a lot of guns and almost all gun stores give a 3% cash discount which adds up pretty quickly on large purchases.

P8P_sl

shitlord
well, sorry everyone for living in an area where mom and pop stores don't exist anymore...and i was waiting for the "not charge more for credit, but discounted for cash" argument as well...

P8P_sl

shitlord
how basketball players can start a layup from the 3-point line and not be called for traveling...

and countless other things pertaining to the "rules" and fouls in basketball...

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
It still is illegal to 'charge more' for credit cards. What wasn't illegal some time ago was setting purchase limits on credit cards, like having to spend 3 dollars to purchase something. That was changed.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
People who consider the piece of shit worst game ever made Minecraft as even a slight alternative to playing any other fucking game ever made....ever

P8P_sl

shitlord
DLC...all of it...plain and simple...console games cost about $60 US when they first come out...and it's NO BIG DEAL if there's tons of glitches because they can just create a patch that you download and use up more of your system memory...but not to get off topic...you pay that much for a fucking game, and the developers are like "Nah...let's only give them about half the game for that price...if they want all the other fun parts of it, let's break it up into a few different parts and sell them as DLC, piece by piece. This way we'll get paid twice as much!"...no fucking way am i going to pay 60 bucks for a new game, then take it up the ass and fork over another 40 or so dollars for the rest of the game...

assholes...

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
how basketball players can start a layup from the 3-point line and not be called for traveling...

and countless other things pertaining to the "rules" and fouls in basketball...
2 step rule, they just take 2 giant steps.

Fat parents who make their kids fat. I feel bad for the kid when his only choices in food are fast food 2 out of the 3 meals a day. My sister-in-law can be blamed for this, plus she will sit there and bitch about not knowing why her kids are gaining so much weight (4 and 7yrs old, both have rolls and extra chins going on already). My son is about to be 5 and is your regular active kid, but I took him over to my in-laws house and she was there, letting her kids eat cookies at fucking 8am. She tried to give my kid one and I had to lay it on her about why her kids are gaining so much weight is because of shit like that, she then proceeds to get offended like she isnt doing anything wrong.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
2 step rule, they just take 2 giant steps.

Fat parents who make their kids fat. I feel bad for the kid when his only choices in food are fast food 2 out of the 3 meals a day. My sister-in-law can be blamed for this, plus she will sit there and bitch about not knowing why her kids are gaining so much weight (4 and 7yrs old, both have rolls and extra chins going on already). My son is about to be 5 and is your regular active kid, but I took him over to my in-laws house and she was there, letting her kids eat cookies at fucking 8am. She tried to give my kid one and I had to lay it on her about why her kids are gaining so much weight is because of shit like that, she then proceeds to get offended like she isnt doing anything wrong.
I sense future camwhores for the curvy lady (aka fat ass fuckin slob) thread.

Baek

Golden Knight of the Realm
the ticking of clocks
great-mustaches-of-cinema-captain-james-hook-dustin-hoffman.jpe

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Professors who assign 8 page research papers over spring break. bastards