Whats rustling your jimmies?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
So, I was just behind "everything on the side" guy in line at Chipotle (during lunch hour rush, mind you)

Ordered 2 kids quesadillas...whatever

ordered 2 kids hard tacos, all ingredients on the side so the shells dont get soggy...whatever

Then he orders his own chicken bowl, asks for the sour cream, guac, and 2 different salsas on the side. Urge to kill...rising

Then he asks for an extra side cup of rice, an extra side cup of lettuce, an extra side cup of beans, and an extra side cup of their vinegarette salad dressing. At this point, he needs to die.

dude ended up with an entire extra bag of side plastic cups full of shit

Fuck that noise, especially when there's a line out the door and all the employees are filling tiny plastic cups full of food for this guy

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
So, I was just behind "everything on the side" guy in line at Chipotle (during lunch hour rush, mind you)

Ordered 2 kids quesadillas...whatever

ordered 2 kids hard tacos, all ingredients on the side so the shells dont get soggy...whatever

Then he orders his own chicken bowl, asks for the sour cream, guac, and 2 different salsas on the side. Urge to kill...rising

Then he asks for an extra side cup of rice, an extra side cup of lettuce, an extra side cup of beans, and an extra side cup of their vinegarette salad dressing. At this point, he needs to die.

dude ended up with an entire extra bag of side plastic cups full of shit

Fuck that noise, especially when there's a line out the door and all the employees are filling tiny plastic cups full of food for this guy
That's when you call him out and/or cause a scene.

Is no one else an unruly jerk when in public? I guess it's a Philadelphia thing.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I agree with the above. We need more public shaming.

Heres my contribution: People who email you, then the next day email you back in all caps "I HAVENT HEARD FROM YOU. PLEASE READ AND RESPOND".

Listen, asshole. Emails sent yesterday, that havent been responded to, are not late. Get back to me next week. My response will be late next week. And when you do, dont all caps that shit like an emotionally unstable 10 year old who just lost at DOTA. Here would be the appropriate email:
"Hey, just curious if you have had a chance to look into X Y and Z yet, from the email I sent last week. Thanks."

At >100 emails a day, and >12 hours worth of actual work to do, I'm gonna respond to about 1-5% of those emails. If you dont like that you didnt get a response right away, I encourage you to get the fuck over yourself. Welcome to the 95%. Write back a polite reminder and youll get another 5% chance at a response. Asshole.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
No it's still the concept. it's dumb as fuck, always has been always will be.
Damn straight. Its a terrible and indefensible idea.

You trust me to operate a vehicle that weighs one ton, at 65 miles per hour, but you dont trust me to pump gas? Fuck you, legistlators.

You want to create jobs? Oh really? Well then why is it that every fast food restaurant has moved to self service drinks, and every hardware store and grocery store is moving to self service checkout?

Its not helping anyone to "create jobs" that fulfill a service no one wants, and that are so simple and mind numbing even a native Oregonian would get bored and quit after 10 minutes.

Oregon: the state where smoking pot is legal but pumping gas is illegal.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
People that can't use common fucking sense when it comes to using a computer.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
State run liquor stores. Can someone explain why they exist? You can't go to Costco or your local grocery store and get a bottle booze. Nope, you have to make a special trip to a special store and overpay for everything except beer and wine.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
State run liquor stores. Can someone explain why they exist? You can't go to Costco or your local grocery store and get a bottle booze. Nope, you have to make a special trip to a special store and overpay for everything except beer and wine.
Are you referring to why different states have different liquor and distribution laws? Or referring to actual state run liquor stores? Costco and other club stores do sell liquor in CT.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
In ID, anything other than beer and wine is sold at state-run liquor stores only. I don't get the rational.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
People are fucking stupid? What more do you need? Same reason why they elect morons who dont repeal you cant pump your gas laws.

As far as email, guy sent me an email today saying one of his workers needed their account unlocked. We have a program that allows them to do that themselves assuming they have their unlock questions setup. I ask him if theyve tried unlucking it themselves and simply get a response of "call me?" Call the dude up and all he says is "what are you talking about?" I ask him what does he mean and he says "What is this sis ad?" Tell him its the account unlocking program and he somehow makes a lightbulb go off in his head followed by they unlocked themselves.

Not so much jimmy rustling as a wtf moment. Dude is a supervisor and its a program that literally every computer in the company has and everyone is supposed to know how to use.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Dang, more states than I thought still use this ridiculously archaic distribution method.

Alcoholic beverage control state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alabama - Liquor stores are state-run or on-premises establishments with a special off-premises license
Idaho - Maintains a monopoly over sales of beverages with greater than 16% ABV.
Mississippi - State contracted liquor stores
Montana - State contracted liquor stores
New Hampshire - Beer and wine can be sold at supermarkets and convenience stores. Liquor is sold only in state-run liquor stores.
North Carolina - Beer and wine can be sold in supermarkets and convenience stores. Other spirits must be sold in liquor stores owned by local ABC boards
Pennsylvania - All wine and spirits are sold in Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board stores, known as 'State Stores'.
Utah - All beverages over 3.2% ABW (4.0% ABV) are sold in state-run stores.
Virginia - Beer and wine sold at supermarkets and convenience stores. All liquor stores are run by the state.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Louisiana - you can buy anything anywhere and up until a few years ago you could buy beer from a vending machine.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Well if their aim is to cut down on my drinking, which isn't much anyway, they've succeeded. It's a pain in the ass to go to the ABC store so I don't. But in so doing, they've also eliminated the revenue they would get from me in the form of taxes.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
In NH it's not bad, they put that shit on the freeways and there's a ton in towns near grocers. The prices aren't bad either.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Got a new account I need to manage at work. First, the login itself is 16 random characters, alpha-numerical plus special characters. I can't change it.

Then the password itself has to be at least 10 characters long with all the restrictions you can think of plus two new ones I never had to deal with before: no dictionary word allowed and patterns are a no no. This include even one letter words. So say for example kjiUJme784$#9 would fail because there's the words "I" and "me" in it (ujm is also a violation because it counts as a physical pattern on the keyboard). Yes, that rule straight up forbids using the letter "I" because it is a word.

What the fuck is going on.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
People who don't understand encryption request silly levels of "complexity". Customer gets peace of mind, developer gets paid.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Nurses who put dymo labels with user-pass on a ws, and complain they're not payed as much as those 'lazy doctors'. Yeeeezzz......

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
People who don't understand encryption request silly levels of "complexity". Customer gets peace of mind, developer gets paid.
They've done studies and the only thing that actually adds to the security of a password is length.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
That's what I've been lead to understand, too. Around 8 chars is where brute force starts becoming near impossible, and past that any breach is user error/idiocy.