Whats rustling your jimmies?

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Why is the stupidest fucker in the world stopped there? And why would you pull out if you can't see the other lanes?

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I think he means the guy in the left lane wants to turn left and stupid fucker stopped to be nice without realizing left lane man is about to get skull fucked by the people going the speed limit in the right lanes.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
In Missouri, people stop like that to try and let the car in the turn lane make a turn or pull into traffic. It's dangerous because, as you mentioned, the car that is turning is practically making a blind turn into oncoming traffic. It's obnoxious because the person stops traffic; it would be easier and safer for the person in the turn lane to just wait for a visible break in traffic to turn but retards will just sit there, wave at you and expect you to blindly pull into traffic.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Why is the stupidest fucker in the world stopped there? And why would you pull out if you can't see the other lanes?
what Skanda said. Here in the Phoenix area every single major street has dedicated left turn lanes.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Again today my jimmies were rustled by people pulling into the wrong side of the gas pump at Costco.

First off, you're like 3 feet from the pump. Then your dumb ass stretches the fuel line across the back of your shitty ass soccer mom crossover. Then you get leverage and put your foot on the side of your car to pull the last few inches to get the thing to barely get into the collar. Meanwhile since there's 8 of you idiots ALL on the wrong side, there's only 4-5 feet between the idiots straining their fuel lines so no cars can leave the gas station while you cadre of imbeciles try desperately to wipe out your wretched race of misbegotten fuel pumpers.

I don't even have to wish they die in a car fire because I'm pretty sure they will at some point.

I just need a derogatory term to assign them and I haven't thought of a good one yet.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
In Missouri, people stop like that to try and let the car in the turn lane make a turn or pull into traffic. It's dangerous because, as you mentioned, the car that is turning is practically making a blind turn into oncoming traffic. It's obnoxious because the person stops traffic; it would be easier and safer for the person in the turn lane to just wait for a visible break in traffic to turn but retards will just sit there, wave at you and expect you to blindly pull into traffic.
I had a major accident to exactly this when I was 16. I was the guy turning left and I was content to wait, but some car in traffic stopped and waved me through. I didn't want to at first but the guy in the car behind me started honking and yelling, so I went for it and got nailed at like 50 mph.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't understand the "wave through" mentality. You can't give someone the right of way if they don't already have it. I know several people including my mom that had accidents going on a wave through. I get pretty ticked people who have no clue what they are doing come to a stop and sit there and wave when they have the right of way, then they get ticked I won't go just because they are waving. GO lol.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people have no clue when they have the right of way or not. I got a ticket once for making a right turn on green out of an "auxillary lane". I took it to court and the judge asked wtf was he talking about? I said to you and me that's called a turn lane. He laughed and threw it out and then grumbled about dumb cops. Then he said "He must be the moron who stops in the turn lane and when they have the right of way on green and causes a 4 car pile up".

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Almost got hit the other day due to the wave through. I'm pretty careful, made sure both lanes were fully stopped. Oops, couldn't have seen the guy barreling down the center yellow lane. What, that's not a turn lane 300 feet from the intersection, that actually has a break in the yellow line because you had to go through another unprotected intersection that I was trying to pull out of? He was incredulous, of course.

Speaking of dumb cops. Had to take a defensive driving training course through my work. It was taught by a local sheriff's officer who got quite a few things very wrong. I've learned to just keep my mouth shut, though, even when he was incorrectly citing things from the driving manual that I knew were wrong because my last job was with the state and I worked with the guy who literally wrote the section of the manual. Edit: cop said it wasn't legal to turn from a side street into the middle yellow double left turn lane and then merge into traffic, but it is here.

Speaking of pet peeves. The right of way isn't technically something one has (in most state curriculum), but something that is yielded. Another thing to mention if you want to piss off a cop who is getting it wrong.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
...Edit: cop said it wasn't legal to turn from a side street into the middle yellow double left turn lane and then merge into traffic, but it is here...
Although everyone does it, where I live in AZ, I think the cop is correct. That center lane is for left turns only and using it to make a right turn so as to merge into traffic is illegal.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Although everyone does it, where I live in AZ, I think the cop is correct. That center lane is for left turns only and using it to make a right turn so as to merge into traffic is illegal.
Yah, people fuck that shit up all the time. They call it a Center Left Turn Lane for a reason.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Some states have different rules and different curriculum that they teach (that can at times be against technical rules causing confusion). But in most states that I've seen it's a double left turn lane and you're allowed to turn from or into the lane as long as you're turning left. Merging from one lane of traffic to another isn't a turn, so different rules apply and it's usually allowed from a center multi-use left-turn lane. Not legal to turn right into or from that middle lane, though.

From the Arizona driver manual:

This lane provides a safe area to slow before
a left turn off of the street, or to speed up
after a left turn onto a street.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I see people using it as the lane for "I don't know where I'm going so I'm going to ride down the center lane for half a mile with my blinker on cockblocking anyone else from taking a left"

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
We calls it a suicide lane in wv.
That's the name I learned too. West Virgina Suicide Lane.

Popsicle, I'm sorry you live in a stupid state that doesn't let you take defensive driving from comedians. Comedians get shit wrong too, but at least they're being funny and you don't reasonably expect them to know the law inside and out. They are also more open minded when you correct them. Apparently the only requirements are to watch some videos and that all jokes must be driving related. I had one get mad at me because I didn't understand how hard it was to come up with driving jokes. So I got his email address and the next day emailed him about a dozen that were all better than anything he said.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Cab Drivers pulling the "MY MACHINE DOESNT WORK DUDE!!!" after dropoff.

When they do it to me, I've flat out said I guess you're not getting paid. That always leads to it working...

So, what rustled my jimmies? My wife came home after a 10 day trip last night at midnight. They pulled that shit on her. I saw her arrive but was in bed with the kids, then I saw them leave again. I knew what was going on so I slipped out of bed and waited downstairs. The driver returned and on my wifes face I recognized the "Oh shit, I'm going to be bailing him out of jail" look. I toned it down and simply said in a level voice "What the fuck?" Explained to the driver she's a mother getting home to her kids for the first time in over a week and he pulls this shit? Of course it wasn't a trick! Oh no! He's the one driver in history that actually has a broken machine.

So I told my wife don't give him a fucking penny. We will call his boss and pay with our card over the phone. At which point...the machine works!! Fucking people. Evil ass shit.