Use a wet tower huh?
Sure, why not? First two GIS for wet tower:

7Tcfjj0.jpg

V8EXrZ8.jpg

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Oh for the love of fuck

rrr_img_25334.jpg

Could fill this entire thread with this shit. I think these things are all made by trolls who just find it hilarious that there are people so fucking stupid that they actually believe in this crap.

Yeah, Nixon resigned (never actually impeached) because of IRS. It had nothing to do with FUCKING WATERGATE HOLY SHIT WHO CAN POSSIBLY BE SO GODDAMN STUPID.

"Liberal Lunacy" is the page and if it isn't satire my head is just going to blow right the fuck off. How do I block it from ever showing in my feed again? I can only block the person who shared it.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Maybe I'll author a plugin for Facebook that blocks all ten thousand of these "political" fan pages (spamming made up bullshit to rile people up and get 'likes') My full time job would be adding them as they pop up every ten seconds.

I sure as hell can't find an existing way to do it. Filters are all based on keywords and they are useless against images. That's why they use images to begin with, to bypass your email spam filter until you just dump everything sent from your step-dad straight into trash without ever reading it. (he sends every single one of these pictures out to everyone)

Facebook doesn't let you simply ignore anything shared from a Fan Page, because of course that would let you block advertisers. And that's all this shit really is anyway. I doubt even the people making the crap believe it.

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
I don't understand kreugen, you just complain about people sharing some shit you just shared. There is ways to "ignore" your facebook friends update on your timeline if you are just afraid of you know, removing them from your friend. I'm really annoyed too to have to manage people sharing so much useless shit on my fb but you seems so rustled about it, just do something.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Kreugen, why are you friends with all of these people? I haven't seen any of these shitty pics on my FB feed. I have either removed or filtered out the idiots long ago.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Because they are friends that do post things I'd like to see but also share stupid political shit that I wish I had a way of filtering out by the source.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I rustle my own fucking jimmies. Sending in final grades today for my students and jesus christ I am such a pushover. I'm giving out passing grades to some people that surely shouldn't be allowed near any job that does actual programming. Yet even with that, I still feel fucking horrible for giving some students failing grades. Sigh, I need to toughen up.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I rustle my own fucking jimmies. Sending in final grades today for my students and jesus christ I am such a pushover. I'm giving out passing grades to some people that surely shouldn't be allowed near any job that does actual programming. Yet even with that, I still feel fucking horrible for giving some students failing grades. Sigh, I need to toughen up.
Teachers who aren't hard enough and pass thousands of students across the country who are stupider than a fucking rock and at best, should be making my burgers.

Respect for being a teacher, though. I'd be fired/in jail within a week dealing with those little fggts.

Malice_sl

shitlord
Just submitted my final grades as well. So far, after three semesters of teaching, I've only had two people e-mail me asking for justification about their final grade. And both of them were A- students who were leveraging for an A. Kindly told them there's nothing I can do because they earned an A-. The most recent kid was like "I just want you to double check to make sure there hasn't been some mistake."

Fucking college freshmen. Jimmies rustled.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I just submitted my final grades as well (college level students). 70 is the minimum for a "pass", and I had one student with a 69.70. What did I do? FAIL, mother fucker. The administration office asked me to round her grade up and pass her but I said hell no, she got what she earned. She blew off several classes and had a pretty high absence rate so she gets no sympathy from me. Lazy fucking students needs to earn their grades.

Just submitted my final grades as well. So far, after three semesters of teaching, I've only had two people e-mail me asking for justification about their final grade. And both of them were A- students who were leveraging for an A. Kindly told them there's nothing I can do because they earned an A-. The most recent kid was like "I just want you to double check to make sure there hasn't been some mistake."
I love when students ask why they got the grade they got because I can show them the hard numbers. It's not like I'm pulling these grades out of my ass, they're all figured from assignments and rubrics and each is worth a certain % of the total grade. When they ask for justification for their grades what they're really asking is "Can you fudge some numbers to round me up a bit?"

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I just submitted my final grades as well (college level students). 70 is the minimum for a "pass", and I had one student with a 69.70. What did I do? FAIL, mother fucker. The administration office asked me to round her grade up and pass her but I said hell no, she got what she earned. She blew off several classes and had a pretty high absence rate so she gets no sympathy from me. Lazy fucking students needs to earn their grades.
Did the student know the material otherwise? I can understand in some classes where important discussion takes place. But if it's a science lecture class, why does attendance count?

McCheese

Did the student know the material otherwise? I can understand in some classes where important discussion takes place. But if it's a science lecture class, why does attendance count?
That's a fair point. It's a language class, so attendance (i.e being present and using the language on a regular basis) is pretty important. Scoring routine 0s on the in-class speaking assignments is the primary reason her grade dropped under 70 in the first place. The overall grading system is designed precisely so that students have to attend the majority of classes in order to pass; none of this showing up on test days and passing shit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I can understand that. I had a high level statistics class that was all by itself two days a week. Aced all the material accept for surprise attendance quizzes. I understand now what was trying to be enforced(go to class) but I still didn't because I was a stupid college student. Not sure if there's a better way to force kids to go to class for their own good. Apparently skipping out on something you're paying for isn't enough.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
That's a fair point. It's a language class, so attendance (i.e being present and using the language on a regular basis) is pretty important. Scoring routine 0s on the in-class speaking assignments is the primary reason her grade dropped under 70 in the first place. The overall grading system is designed precisely so that students have to attend the majority of classes in order to pass; none of this showing up on test days and passing shit.
So you don't really care whether she actually learned the language or not (which if she didn't, she wouldn't have passed the tests) but if you didn't feel self-satisfied by your in-class dog and pony show, fuck what they learned, right? Because it's not about them learning shit (which the tests would show), it's about you.

Malice_sl

shitlord
So you don't really care whether she actually learned the language or not (which if she didn't, she wouldn't have passed the tests) but if you didn't feel self-satisfied by your in-class dog and pony show, fuck what they learned, right? Because it's not about them learning shit (which the tests would show), it's about you.
It's not really about that. I teach freshman English and the program says 10% of their grade has to be attendance and participation. A lot of in-class time comes from verbal discussion of readings and shit. Hard to grade on their in-class discussion if they aren't in class or talking. I personally don't give a fuck if they show up; I don't take it personally.

McCheese

Actually, no, she didn't "learn the language". Yes, she was able to ace every grammar test, but she couldn't hold a simple conversation worth a damn. Learning a language involves a lot more than simply memorizing grammar rules and vocabulary.

Had she actually come to class and participated in the daily speaking activities we did then I have no doubt her conversational abilities would have immensely improved.

Oh, and lol at your "If she didn't learn the language she wouldn't have passed the tests". Does that mean every American high school student who passes Spanish can speak the language? Please. It's incredibly easy to pass standard language tests without actually having a solid command of the language; they can all be gamed by having enough rote knowledge of grammar and vocabulary or canned phrases.

This is one reason that in most modern language courses you'll find that attendance/class participation are weighted so heavily; they need to counteract the fact that traditional tests don't "tell the whole story", so to speak, when it comes to someone's language ability.