Whats rustling your jimmies?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Fucking apps just started crashing for no apparent reason on my phone last night. I uninstall and reinstall and it works for a while then crashes again. It's an older phone and I've already picked out my next phone, the F(x)tec Pro. so I went to order the phone last night and turns out it's not shipping till august. Fucking bullshit.
Screenshot_20210323-135649_Textra.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Thanks. Like I said, the solutions are the best part about this thread. My phone is older. The Android System Webview is disabled and there's no way for me to enable it. But I updated Chrome and it seems to be working for now. If shit starts crashing again I'll uninstall updates for chrome and take it back to the factory version.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks. Like I said, the solutions are the best part about this thread. My phone is older. The Android System Webview is disabled and there's no way for me to enable it. But I updated Chrome and it seems to be working for now. If shit starts crashing again I'll uninstall updates for chrome and take it back to the factory version.

My S9+ did that shit all day yesterday too. I had already ordered a new phone, so I didn't like panic buy one, but I was pissed my phone was giving up the ghost like 2 days before my new one arrived.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Updates" in general are a blessing and a curse. Tried to print something on my windows 10 PC last week, instant crash to BSOD. Find solution online, the latest non-skippable security update apparently causes it. Uninstall it (takes nearly 10 minutes on an SSD). So all in all im out 30 minutes just to print something, hardly cutting edge tech. The Windows 7 PC which I haven't updated in about 5 years is more reliable. I should really just get rid of Win10, it's done nothing better than win7 and lots of things worse.

"You'll get used to it". No I won't. I still hate the banner style interface on newer Outlook versions. GIve me back pulldown menus where I can see every option at a glance, it took me far less time to find whatever function I'm looking for back then.

• 1Solidarity

Fucker

Log Wizard
"Updates" in general are a blessing and a curse. Tried to print something on my windows 10 PC last week, instant crash to BSOD. Find solution online, the latest non-skippable security update apparently causes it. Uninstall it (takes nearly 10 minutes on an SSD). So all in all im out 30 minutes just to print something, hardly cutting edge tech. The Windows 7 PC which I haven't updated in about 5 years is more reliable. I should really just get rid of Win10, it's done nothing better than win7 and lots of things worse.

"You'll get used to it". No I won't. I still hate the banner style interface on newer Outlook versions. GIve me back pulldown menus where I can see every option at a glance, it took me far less time to find whatever function I'm looking for back then.
MS has become a blight on everything. It's just pure shit top to bottom, east to west.

I physically cringe when I see an update because I know that it will break something 100%.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

There is a special hell reserved for the developers that came up with fucking banner interfaces.

Its one level above the hell reserved for developers who CHANGE FUCKING KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS in new updates. The interface doesnt matter that much, but keyboard shortcuts?

I'd irl support a death penalty for changing keyboard shortcuts

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
And now hes in the ICU because after today's amputation the wound wont stop bleeding.

Last edited:

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This thread being a bunch of people seeking help on how electronics work on a fucking gaming forum is rustling my jimmies atm.

• 1Solidarity

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
The cat food shortage is pissing me off big time. My cats are picky eaters anyway and the brand they usually eat is OOS everywhere. As soon as I find something they will eat that too will go OOS. Frustrating shit man.

This has me considering just making homemade pet food for the dog and cats. Anyone have a good recipe?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The cat food shortage is pissing me off big time. My cats are picky eaters anyway and the brand they usually eat is OOS everywhere. As soon as I find something they will eat that too will go OOS. Frustrating shit man.

This has me considering just making homemade pet food for the dog and cats. Anyone have a good recipe?
My last cat loved to eat hamburgers and fries, probably doesn't apply to some cats.

• 1Like

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
  • 1Worf
  • 1Cringe

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
There is a special hell reserved for the developers that came up with fucking banner interfaces.

Its one level above the hell reserved for developers who CHANGE FUCKING KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS in new updates. The interface doesnt matter that much, but keyboard shortcuts?

I'd irl support a death penalty for changing keyboard shortcuts

What's a banner interface? I'm sure I hate it too but I don't know it by name.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I always fully compress that shit. It's a waste of visual space like multiple toolbar extensions in a browser. I don't mind it as a "File Menu", but it's glitchy as fuck and I'm always having to recollapse the ribbon after every patch, or if I go too deep into some of the submenus it will get stuck expanded.

• 2Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Shit not going to plan unless you micromanage every last detail

Shipped a critical piece of computer hardware back east overnight. IT guy back east that handles the IT for the office it was going to clearly knew this was happening a few days prior to this so I assumed he would make arrangements to have access to the office it was being delivered to today so he could receive it.

He did not make arrangements and it didnt get delivered because the office is otherwise closed due to corona.

• 2Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Shit not going to plan unless you micromanage every last detail

Shipped a critical piece of computer hardware back east overnight. IT guy back east that handles the IT for the office it was going to clearly knew this was happening a few days prior to this so I assumed he would make arrangements to have access to the office it was being delivered to today so he could receive it.

He did not make arrangements and it didnt get delivered because the office is otherwise closed due to corona.
We have to deal with similar shit on industrial stuff.

We have 'bad' customers that will bitch and moan at us to get a shipment out for them, as if their fucking hair is on fire, then we'll see the shipment marked as undelivered/refused a day or two later. Either they have odd dock hours they don't tell us about (one place was like 'oh...we only receive before noon, then we lock the dock') or their lazy ass warehouse peons DGAF and will be AFK behind the building on a 30m smoke break, and the delivery driver just /shrugs when he can't find anyone and just returns the skid back to the hub. (then the receiver wants US to eat any charges for delivery issues)

Recently we had a place where they gave us contact information for someone that was out for a knee replacement, and the delivery driver showed up, couldn't find the address, called the guy's cell # and he didn't answer (because he was on medical leave). Then the skid came up as 'missing' and set off a 3-week fiasco

We shipped a small valve to a customer once, late in the day, via UPS Next Day Air Early AM for Saturday delivery, per their instructions. Except they had us ship it to their house. Even better, they had the weekend off, so...they brought it in to work with them...on Monday. Meanwhile people in the plant (24/7 operation) where sending out a shitstorm of emails asking us WHERE THE FUCK IS THIS VALVE?!?

It's especially frustrating when I'm shipping something I had to build for them in a rush, putting all my other work to the side to bust my balls to get it done, and then we'll be like "Wasn't this a fucking rush? We need the delivery address!" and then it takes a week for their corp to work out internally where something is even fucking shipping.

On the flip side, I love the customers that literally DGAF how much a courier is to hot-shot a part to them. The other day I got a ballpark quote for a local courier to deliver a 40lb part to a power plant 5 hours away, and to get it there before midnight or so, which was like $750 or $800. Guys like this are usually like "why are you even asking, yes I'll pay that, shit that's nothing, I don't even need PO approval, my expense card will cover everything". Or they won't even ask us to set up shipping, they'll just bluntly ask "when will it be done?" and 6-8 hours later one of their employees shows up with a flatbed truck from 2 states away.

• 1Rustled

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Fucking AT&T update on my Galaxy S20+ reset public safety messages, and apparently I needed to be woken up because some black male is on the run from shooting an officer hundreds of miles away from me.

Screenshot_20210327-101246_Wireless emergency alerts.png

Screenshot_20210327-101631_Chrome.png

• 1Like