Whats rustling your jimmies?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Being on conference calls with people W@H and hearing that sound in the background of someone talking. Went on for 3-4 weeks when even management went "Do we need to replace the god damn fire alarm for you?" "Oh sorry, I don't even notice it". How the fuck is that possible

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Getting emails like "thanks for signing up for Dominos rewards" when I didn't sign myself up. Gotta do the reset password crap to get it so I can delete the account that someone else made. Annoying.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Getting emails like "thanks for signing up for Dominos rewards" when I didn't sign myself up. Gotta do the reset password crap to get it so I can delete the account that someone else made. Annoying.
Or just monitor the account, as soon as they earn enough points for a free pizza, snatch it up. Then delete the account.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Went a little too heavy on the oatmeal yesterday, lazy after bike ride. Been farting nasty stinkers all day. Lord have mercy.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Using the Slice app-

What a piece of shit. I cannot believe they got over $44 Million funding for this. It is supposed to help the local pizza places compeat with Dominoes and Pizza Hut. Not a chance: I was emailed a 10% coupon for using the app along with a note to help support local pizza establishments. Okay. I'll try it- mind you the place I am using it for is 1.8 miles away and all I usually have to do is call and then pick up. But what the heck, I got a coupon!

Ordered placed at 4:21 pm; 1 small pizza with onions, light on the cheese and an order of boneless tenders with waffle fries (no sauce)..
Texted Back: Order received, order will be delivered between 4:54pm and 5:03pm Track you order on the app.

Not able to track my order. 5:00pm rolls around. No pizza. 5:15 no pizza. Still can't track the app. I call the place, "Gino, what's up with the Slice app to _____?" He explains that there system barely works, he receives an order on some kind of device, he has to decipher it, put it into his system and then, when it's done, call for a Grub Hub or Uber and send back a code into the system. "What did you order?" I tell him. "No problem, I'll have MY delivery guy bring it to you." Okay. Cool. "$19.25 and you get a free can of soda."

5:35 Gino's driver arrives. Pay him cash $24.

5:51 text from Slice app: Your order is on it's way. It will be there in 5 minutes. I use the contact us on the slice app, get an 800 number, call them and say to cancel the order. Nope. It's already done and out for delivery.

6:08 Some shady Arab dude in a beat up car drops off my order on my doorstep. The pizza isn't onion, the tenders are wings drenched in sauce with soggy french fries. Also there is a eggplant parm hero in the bag. All cold as ice! I check my app- I was billed $44.11 That included a delivery fee and a tip and prices higher than Gino charges. No discount either.

I spend the next 45 minutes texting and emailing and calling for a refund. They will refund me 30%. I am furious.

I call Gino to tell him how much the Slice App sucks. He's busy with dinner crowds and orders but tells me he knows, and that every time there is a problem and they give a refund, it comes as a refund from him (the restaurant).

Don't use this app! t is sketchy as fuck and cheats the customers and the restaurants. FUCK YOU, SLICE! Read more here if you like:

1663508252274.png

wellijustdontknow

Trakanon Raider
Hitting it off with an insanely hot chick who is graduating next year with a degree in biomedical engineering and going on a date with her. Before finding out she isn't old enough to drink yet. Bitch, why couldn't you be a few years older?
Not old enough? Sounds like an absolute win

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Passwords being incorrect when you know they're right, typing them slowly, checking your books, and now - reset it and still says incorrect. I just set it. deep breath

• 2Like

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Passwords being incorrect when you know they're right, typing them slowly, checking your books, and now - reset it and still says incorrect. I just set it. deep breath

I work for online tech support for a large bank, and I handle phone calls like this all day. Sometimes the database just shits the bed and you have to reset it, and sometimes the "remember User ID" doesn't remember the UID correctly.

It's aggravating for me and I'm the support

• 2Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Fuck any website that doesn't tell you the maximum password length it allows, too. So many sites I've been on will let me shove a new 64 char password in, but wherever it's getting stored only allows 16. So I go to use my freshly-made 64-char password, just to be told it's wrong. It's infuriating.

• 1Solidarity

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I work for online tech support for a large bank, and I handle phone calls like this all day. Sometimes the database just shits the bed and you have to reset it, and sometimes the "remember User ID" doesn't remember the UID correctly.

Same shit when AD doesn't synch across the board and users have passwords saved on multiple devices, so even if you know its correct your phone/tablet/whatever keep trying to auto login and it locks itself out momentarily after changing it, again.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Even worse when you finally give up and reset the password and it tells you "new password cannot be the same as the old one"

If I could strangle the internet I would have done it that day.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bought a new phone, 5 days in it's still sending me notifications for random bullshit like "oh we made a collage of pictures you took", apps I never use that decide i need to be told about some feature, every app you use first has to put some shitty banner over the screen about how feature X is now there or how you can share shit on facetweeter or whatever. Two days in the camera app randomly decided it needs to tell me about some google feature instead of letting me take a picture, causing me to miss a good photo op.

Don't know how people look forward to getting a new phone when all I want to do is toss this thing in a pond. Phones are allowed to buzz when someone texts me and not for any other reason ever. If I want to add some feature I'll go look for it.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 5 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Bought a new phone, 5 days in it's still sending me notifications for random bullshit like "oh we made a collage of pictures you took", apps I never use that decide i need to be told about some feature, every app you use first has to put some shitty banner over the screen about how feature X is now there or how you can share shit on facetweeter or whatever. Two days in the camera app randomly decided it needs to tell me about some google feature instead of letting me take a picture, causing me to miss a good photo op.

Don't know how people look forward to getting a new phone when all I want to do is toss this thing in a pond. Phones are allowed to buzz when someone texts me and not for any other reason ever. If I want to add some feature I'll go look for it.

This would have also fit in the "you know you're getting old" thread.

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This would have also fit in the "you know you're getting old" thread.

Maybe, but needless popups and alerts have been annoying me in Windows for decades. Every install I have to spend time turning this crap off, and with every iteration of windows it gets worse. People used to rage about antivirus programs annoying people with this shit, now it's the OS itself.

Electronics should power up and be ready to do whatever the user wants it to do. Increasingly, the feel is one of the software creators running the show and the user only being a guest in their own house that the OS can talk down to. It's even getting into TVs and household appliances now.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Maybe, but needless popups and alerts have been annoying me in Windows for decades. Every install I have to spend time turning this crap off, and with every iteration of windows it gets worse. People used to rage about antivirus programs annoying people with this shit, now it's the OS itself.

Electronics should power up and be ready to do whatever the user wants it to do. Increasingly, the feel is one of the software creators running the show and the user only being a guest in their own house that the OS can talk down to. It's even getting into TVs and household appliances now.
I know exactly what you mean, I cannnot stand the state of the modern OS, its pure trash

• 1Solidarity

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
A real virus protection program would uninstall windows immediately.

• 1Solidarity