Whats rustling your jimmies?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Im on vacation.
Wake up to a text "Hey do you have the login info for this critical system were trying to get access to?"
"Uhh did the two people I told what the login info is forget it?"
"Yes"

So not only am I getting asked things I already covered beforehand on vacation, Im being made to look like an asshole on top of it. Also logging into my email to get that info, I see someone is having problems with a new user login I created due to a name being misspelled, after I verified with HR the spelling of the new employees name.

iu

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yesterday I had to go to Target for something specific. What a piece of hot fucking crap that place is. Couldn't find anything. Everything was a mess. Store was understaffed. Two lanes (out of 28, not kidding) open, or self check out, which had a 20 or so person line. Prices were high comparatively to other local stores. There was literally not a single thing about this shopping experience that was positive. Target used to be a pretty good retail shop, it has turned into a shit show that caters to losers.

I hate that I had to go there.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
Im on vacation.
Wake up to a text "Hey do you have the login info for this critical system were trying to get access to?"
"Uhh did the two people I told what the login info is forget it?"
"Yes"

So not only am I getting asked things I already covered beforehand on vacation, Im being made to look like an asshole on top of it. Also logging into my email to get that info, I see someone is having problems with a new user login I created due to a name being misspelled, after I verified with HR the spelling of the new employees name.

iu
Mistake number one was reading the work text while on vacation.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yesterday I had to go to Target for something specific. What a piece of hot fucking crap that place is. Couldn't find anything. Everything was a mess. Store was understaffed. Two lanes (out of 28, not kidding) open, or self check out, which had a 20 or so person line. Prices were high comparatively to other local stores. There was literally not a single thing about this shopping experience that was positive. Target used to be a pretty good retail shop, it has turned into a shit show that caters to losers.

Blame the left

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>

Did they have tranny gear displayed prominently at the front of the store?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Target is a failure on multiple levels. They don't need to only fail in one way.

They have disheveled and barren stores because they were mismanaged.

They are a disgusting cess pool because of product selection and catering to leftists.

They had poor security investment when they got breached.

They tried to compete as a grocery store to fight Walmart yet never really invested into being competitive.

They tried to be an upscale Walmart but over time removed value, quality and convenience to more directly compete in margins instead of defining a market segment.

They over built and expanded right as Amazon took over.

There's different people causing different failures, Target is just a complete joke at this point. At least a decade ago the stores were immaculate and they used to have a cafe.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I almost exclusively shop online now. Rarely, I'll need something RIGHT NOW. Last time I think it was a USB ethernet dongle. Both Walmart and Target were supposed to have it. I suck at finding stuff, and would lose horribly at that game show where they have 3 minutes to food shop. Employees make like 5$ an hour and just dont care or learn where stuff is. Neither had it despite their buggy app telling me it's in stock. Amazon delivered it the next day, lesson learned.

Last few times I went out shopping like this they did not have what I needed, and it just felt like an awful experience, just awful. It's sad seeing the end of a retail era slowly emerge, but here we are.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Yeah let's spend your day off stuck in traffic burning through $60 in gas running to 5 different stores to deal with minimum wage burnouts who could care less only to find a lesser version of what you were looking for is out of stock or has been returned 3 times in taped up packaging. Free 2 day delivery for me!

• 2Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Yeah let's spend your day off stuck in traffic burning through $60 in gas running to 5 different stores to deal with minimum wage burnouts who could care less only to find a lesser version of what you were looking for is out of stock or has been returned 3 times in taped up packaging. Free 2 day delivery for me!
Yeah tell me about it, I live an hour outside of Vegas, in the middle of nowhere. Amazon prime is a must have.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I almost exclusively shop online now. Rarely, I'll need something RIGHT NOW. Last time I think it was a USB ethernet dongle. Both Walmart and Target were supposed to have it. I suck at finding stuff, and would lose horribly at that game show where they have 3 minutes to food shop. Employees make like 5$ an hour and just dont care or learn where stuff is. Neither had it despite their buggy app telling me it's in stock. Amazon delivered it the next day, lesson learned.

Last few times I went out shopping like this they did not have what I needed, and it just felt like an awful experience, just awful. It's sad seeing the end of a retail era slowly emerge, but here we are.
I'm the opposite. Amazon just sucks now. I got two very obvious counterfeits and had to drive into town to send them back. Fuck it, if I am going to do that might as well just buy locally. Hell, sellers don't even hide that they are selling counterfeits anymore. Why? Amazon doesn't care.

Amazon drivers are retards. Left a package halfway on the doorstep while it was raining. It would have taken them no energy and time to put it on the dry part of the porch.

Further, Amazon's pricing on many things straight up sucks now. Not even close to being competitive not by a long shot.

Best part was a 2tb nvme drive when they were $$$ they threw in an envelope. I didn't bother trying it. Same with a $400 lens. Padded envelope. Didn't even try it. Yet, their own brand of butt wipes come double boxed.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>

Walmart also has free 2-day shipping and a huge marketplace, FYI.

• 1Like

Kais

<Gold Donor>
I'm the opposite. Amazon just sucks now. I got two very obvious counterfeits and had to drive into town to send them back. Fuck it, if I am going to do that might as well just buy locally. Hell, sellers don't even hide that they are selling counterfeits anymore. Why? Amazon doesn't care.

Amazon drivers are retards. Left a package halfway on the doorstep while it was raining. It would have taken them no energy and time to put it on the dry part of the porch.

Further, Amazon's pricing on many things straight up sucks now. Not even close to being competitive not by a long shot.

Best part was a 2tb nvme drive when they were $$$ they threw in an envelope. I didn't bother trying it. Same with a $400 lens. Padded envelope. Didn't even try it. Yet, their own brand of butt wipes come double boxed.
I mean you're not wrong. And the bait n switch has hit me more than a few times on Amazon. Still though, i got other shit to do than spend half a day fighting traffic and retail unless i know what i need is already on the shelf, and i need it that day.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dunno if the option is available in the US but over here you can often have your stuff delivered directly to a local depot (like at a supermarket or gas station) for pickup so you don't need to stay home for delivery or have your stuff stolen/thrown around more than needed. There's also the option to have it delivered to these lockers that they've been putting up everywhere. No need to deal with anyone and you have 72 hours to get your package at any time of day, can even use them to send stuff.

1691763769418.png

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I know not everyone has this capability, but I'm very fortunate to be able to get all my shit delivered to work, and if I have a return we get daily UPS pickups so I just need to print out the return ticket. So practically everything I buy is easier to get online and have delivered (I don't order groceries online). There is always someone to receive stuff during work hours.

The only issue is that sometimes they try to deliver late at night or on weekends/holidays, even though I've specifically filled out their fucking form about what times we are open. Years ago someone left my package in front of our business door on a Saturday. If one of the employees had not happened to come by to get something it would have sat out there all weekend, and probably been stolen. They even snapped a picture of it sitting outside the door with our business days/hours on it. Obviously you don't have to be very bright to be a Prime delivery driver.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
The two years or so that I ran my family's pack and ship store felt almost like I had cheat codes. Knew exactly when I was getting shit delivered, my drivers were all bros, so my shit never got beat up. At cost shipping at a discounted rate. Running that thing sucked, since I'm not cut out for business, but goddamn did it have some perks sometimes.

• 2Like