Whats rustling your jimmies?

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Aside from Unity's epic rustle, just got a popup telling me that Chrome has blocked an extension:
1694636513395.png

What a huge fucking coincidence! Jesus I'm retarded for still using anything that touches google.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I know no one asked for it but quick update.

She's being released tomorrow. Her blood sugar was well over 300 when all this started and now it's below 100. Her insurance covered what is called the Freestyle Lebre system. So, she no longer has to prick her finger every time she wants to check levels and warns her when her levels are high or low. So, hopefully this system helps her regulate better and they've taken her off Ozempic.

• 8Like
  • 2Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 9 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Does she have type 1 or type 2?
He said that in the first post. She got it after her 3rd kid.

I know no one asked for it but quick update.

She's being released tomorrow. Her blood sugar was well over 300 when all this started and now it's below 100. Her insurance covered what is called the Freestyle Lebre system. So, she no longer has to prick her finger every time she wants to check levels and warns her when her levels are high or low. So, hopefully this system helps her regulate better and they've taken her off Ozempic.

has she been on all 3 drugs for a while or was one new? Sometimes they have interactions where one drug keeps another from working.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
He said that in the first post. She got it after her 3rd kid.

has she been on all 3 drugs for a while or was one new? Sometimes they have interactions where one drug keeps another from working.
She was taking 3 for awhile but they stopped the Ozempic since she seems to have the hardest time with it. Doctor wants to put her on straight insulin for now. Her monitor has already been ordered just need to pick it up tomorrow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
This is a recurring rustle for me so I dunno if I've posted before.

It rustles the fuck outa my jimmies when bolts that have no reason to be tightened down like the fist of an angry god, are tightened down like the fist of an angry god.

Then it gets stripped because they've tightened this thing so fucking hard and now its stripped and welded in place.

I mean if its holding the wheels on the car, tighten that shit. (Although hand tight is *still * all thats needed, but at least I understand the motivation, ya know?) But if this shit is holding a piece of plastic onto another piece of plastic on the steering column, now you're just being an asshole if you go any more than finger tight.

All because some douchehole mechanic couldnt just hand tighten it. Fuck no, fire up some industrial hydraulic shit, this mother fuckers never coming apart now!

• 1Like

Goatface

This is a recurring rustle for me so I dunno if I've posted before.

It rustles the fuck outa my jimmies when bolts that have no reason to be tightened down like the fist of an angry god, are tightened down like the fist of an angry god.

Then it gets stripped because they've tightened this thing so fucking hard and now its stripped and welded in place.

I mean if its holding the wheels on the car, tighten that shit. (Although hand tight is *still * all thats needed, but at least I understand the motivation, ya know?) But if this shit is holding a piece of plastic onto another piece of plastic on the steering column, now you're just being an asshole if you go any more than finger tight.

All because some douchehole mechanic couldnt just hand tighten it. Fuck no, fire up some industrial hydraulic shit, this mother fuckers never coming apart now!

"what is torque spec for 2020 ford ranger lug nuts?"
1695050897047.png

"dunno, i just hit them for a min each"

• 5Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 5 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Do you mean hand tight like not with an impact? Cuz you can break any bolt "hand tightening" with suitably long wrenches.

Lug nuts have a specific torque spec, "hand tight" could be anything from 10-1000+ ft-lbs.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Do you mean hand tight like not with an impact? Cuz you can break any bolt "hand tightening" with suitably long wrenches.

Lug nuts have a specific torque spec, "hand tight" could be anything from 10-1000+ ft-lbs.
correct-futurama.gif

152399d1445662746-worlds-largest-wrench-biggest-wrench_r1.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

What I meant by hand tight was tightened by hand manually with a wrench rather than fucking absurdly tight with a power tool.

The bolt in question cannot be accessed with a long wrench. Its a star head round bolt screwed into the bottom of the steering column. Screwed in with some kind of motherfucking hydraulic drill press apparently. I fucking hate mechanics. These bolts could be literally finger tightened without any tool at all and it would be fine.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Get called on the radio by a person to come to their office so they can tell me about an issue id need to be at my computer to resolve and has already been resolved. This persons office is also only 20 feet away from me.

• 1Worf

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Driving to run an errand today and pick up a screw in the back driver's side tire of the wife's car..... pull into a gas station, slightly overfill it with air to make it to a place to get the flat fixed (middle of the tread, so repairable). Takes 3 hours for the place to get it fixed. Can't have the wife come get me in my car since my car is in the shop getting an shredded 18 wheeler tire's worth of damage across the front repaired. So I get into the place to get it fixed. They take the keys. I call my wife to let her know the afternoons plans are screwed due to a screw... and her response.

"Well, at least it's cool there, the AC just stopped working here at the house"

FML

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Driving to run an errand today and pick up a screw in the back driver's side tire of the wife's car..... pull into a gas station, slightly overfill it with air to make it to a place to get the flat fixed (middle of the tread, so repairable). Takes 3 hours for the place to get it fixed. Can't have the wife come get me in my car since my car is in the shop getting an shredded 18 wheeler tire's worth of damage across the front repaired. So I get into the place to get it fixed. They take the keys. I call my wife to let her know the afternoons plans are screwed due to a screw... and her response.

"Well, at least it's cool there, the AC just stopped working here at the house"

FML

My AC unit is from the 90s, so about end of life. The last 4 of 5 times it died it was just a capacitor you can get on Amazon for less than 10 bucks. It's gotten bad enough we just have a spare on hand. The other time was just the blower in the attic, but holy shit that sucked to replace in the dead of summer.....for the dude I hired ;)

• 1Solidarity

Haus

<Silver Donator>
My AC unit is from the 90s, so about end of life. The last 4 of 5 times it died it was just a capacitor you can get on Amazon for less than 10 bucks. It's gotten bad enough we just have a spare on hand. The other time was just the blower in the attic, but holy shit that sucked to replace in the dead of summer.....for the dude I hired ;)
Oh, I have a spare cap for it in my workshop. In this case it's not the cap, the compressor outside kicks on perfectly, it's that the thermostat turns off the system when it's detecting apparently a momentary loss of power on it's continuous 24v line. Which is happening around every 10-15 minutes.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What’s with the trend of people lipsynching to other’s stuff? I’m not talking about just music. People will send me like a link to…a woman lipsynching a Jim Gaffigan standup joke. Why. Why not just link a clip of the comedian. Why would you video yourself miming a standup act.

It's some kind of TikTok bullshit.

Lost count of all the times I've seen a clip of some woman asking some question but it's actually her lip-syncing to a guy's voice asking the question, because it's a clip from some movie or standup routine that she's just "acting out" or something. There's no goddamn originality to it and it's fucking annoying.

In China, TikTok trends are "show everyone the robot you designed from the ground up", here the TikTok trends are "lipsync to a clip from something" and "do stupid dances that someone else made up"

• 1Solidarity