Whats rustling your jimmies?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
It blows my mind just how shitty most big corporations’ websites are, FedEx and UPS being big ones. Every now and then I try to buy something from Petco, and almost every time, the website just actually doesn’t work, period. The McDonald’s app on iPhone half the time will have a bug where your “cart” just doesn’t show up and there’s no way to get to it so you can actually check out and finish the order. You know, the most important fucking thing the app needs to do. It’s done this for a year and isn’t fixed. How the fuck?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The desire for corporations, governments and organizations to push apps onto consumers has far outstripped our abilities as to produce working technology.

My local library pays a lot of money for a full IT department, including a full time web developer, but can't get text notifications to work. If you have a phone number added to your account no matter the option you check it calls you, which means you get half cut off messages in your voice mail, and lots of them. 5 books are ready, 5 calls. And the app mostly just links to the website anytime you try to do anything. I should say they don't pay for these things, taxpayers do.

Taco Bell app makes it "easier" to log in. Having a password? Email verification on a different device? Text verification on the same device (a dumb thing a lot of apps do but it's at least easy)? Nope. Their idea of easy is being forced to install an email app, enter that password, do a verification of identity for that app, and have the Taco Bell app access the email app on the same device.

And then the app literally changed an order I had favorited from sausage to bacon. Thought they messed up my order. Nope. The favorite with sausage in the name that you ordered in the past with sausage now adds a bacon one instead.

Every app, every time. It's all shit. And none of it is even attempting to be easier or better for consumers.

• 1Like

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
It blows my mind just how shitty most big corporations’ websites are, FedEx and UPS being big ones. Every now and then I try to buy something from Petco, and almost every time, the website just actually doesn’t work, period. The McDonald’s app on iPhone half the time will have a bug where your “cart” just doesn’t show up and there’s no way to get to it so you can actually check out and finish the order. You know, the most important fucking thing the app needs to do. It’s done this for a year and isn’t fixed. How the fuck?
On the flip side, I've never had an issue with the Chick-Fil-A app, or the Zaxbys app if you live in the southeast.

Popeyes app doesn't let you upsize anything when adding a combo.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
If youre downloading and using those apps you're part of the problem and deserve every bit of what you get.

• 6Like
  • 1Wow!
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 10 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
it beats dealing with the mentally braindead at the registers

agree to disagree. This is you right now. Try to relax while that third flexigrip is gently inserted into your anus.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Fucking everything is fucking dogshit.

Trying to reschedule a shipment from UPS that requires a signature but the website wont fucking work. Tried multiple browsers and every time the stupid fucking page just errors out as im going through the menu and says try again later.

Last time I had to reschedule a sig required shipment from Fedex same fucking thing. Their dogshit website would not work and ended up having to download their fucking retarded app to be able to reschedule the delivery.

Every time I get one requiring a signature, I eventually have them reroute it to the local Walgreens. Problem is, it takes 2 or 3 delivery failures before I get that option. I don't understand why we can't just make it automatic. If something is to be delivered to this address that requires a signature, reroute to the walgreens and notify the customer. Seems like a no brainer that would save lots of time and money.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
If youre downloading and using those apps you're part of the problem and deserve every bit of what you get.

If you buy a car with any software the company still controls or basically owns then you're part of the problem and deserve every but of what you get.

If you buy a TV, or a phone, or ever use any programs for work, or think you own a digital video game... Etc.

I'm a firm believer in Prof Ted (aside from the bombing of course) and to me you look like a retarded luddite.

Sure, man, I get the sentiment and wish reality was different, but at some point the rustle can't be blaming people for trying to exist in a fucked up world and instead it seems to be more healthy to rustle and blame the overlords forcing all this shit into our anuses.

I love the people who are statistically highly likely to have a half dozen spy devices within line of sight pretending something like downloading an app is the line in the sand they won't cross to maintain they're one of the good ones doing it right.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Sure, man, I get the sentiment and wish reality was different, but at some point the rustle can't be blaming people for trying to exist in a fucked up world and instead it seems to be more healthy to rustle and blame the overlords forcing all this shit into our anuses.

The rustle can't be about lazy people doing the wrong thing because they are lazy and stupid? Bro, lets just nuke this thread right now then. That's what most of this thread is about. When the shit is wrong, the answer is simple. Don't do it. Don't play by their rules. You don't have to eat at that fast food restaurant. It's the same idea as civil disobedience except in this case there's no government involved. Don't participate in the parts of society that are wrong.

I love the people who are statistically highly likely to have a half dozen spy devices within line of sight pretending something like downloading an app is the line in the sand they won't cross to maintain they're one of the good ones doing it right.

You act like the only complaint is that they will use your data to make money somehow. What about the performance of my phone? Delete all the fast food apps on your phone right now and see how much better it performs and how much longer the battery lasts. What about the jobs of the people who used to take your order? That's right, THEY TOOK THEIR JERBS! You may think they were imbeciles anyway, but they're really just inexperienced and now it'll be even harder for them to get any experience. There is value to society in those minimum wage starter jobs.

You were bitching about these apps 2.5 hours before you came back defending them. What the fuck is wrong with you? Please spell it phonetically because I'm sure it's hard to pronounce.

• 1WTF

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>

You were bitching about these apps 2.5 hours before you came back defending them. What the fuck is wrong with you? Please spell it phonetically because I'm sure it's hard to pronounce.

first time GIF

Goatface

usps trying to delver to the wrong house again. the house down the street that has same house # but is south instead of north put up fence and has couple of dogs.

1701809898565.png

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every time I get one requiring a signature, I eventually have them reroute it to the local Walgreens. Problem is, it takes 2 or 3 delivery failures before I get that option. I don't understand why we can't just make it automatic. If something is to be delivered to this address that requires a signature, reroute to the walgreens and notify the customer. Seems like a no brainer that would save lots of time and money.
The last fedex package I got that required a signature just had the driver fake it. It said we had signed for it, but the sig image wasn't available on the tracking site. That would have been ok-ish, but he also used our name to sign for someone else's package that he then didn't deliver, so they thought we had stolen their package. That was a great day.

• 1Worf

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
The last fedex package I got that required a signature just had the driver fake it. It said we had signed for it, but the sig image wasn't available on the tracking site. That would have been ok-ish, but he also used our name to sign for someone else's package that he then didn't deliver, so they thought we had stolen their package. That was a great day.

at first I was like "cool, yeah I like when they just skip the bullshit and deliver my package anyway" Then I was like "worf"

notgunnalietheyhadusinthefirsthalf.jpg

Also, I bet they did deliver the other package but the lowlife at the other address decided he wanted some gibs.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The rustle can't be about lazy people doing the wrong thing because they are lazy and stupid? Bro, lets just nuke this thread right now then. That's what most of this thread is about. When the shit is wrong, the answer is simple. Don't do it. Don't play by their rules. You don't have to eat at that fast food restaurant. It's the same idea as civil disobedience except in this case there's no government involved. Don't participate in the parts of society that are wrong.

You act like the only complaint is that they will use your data to make money somehow. What about the performance of my phone? Delete all the fast food apps on your phone right now and see how much better it performs and how much longer the battery lasts. What about the jobs of the people who used to take your order? That's right, THEY TOOK THEIR JERBS! You may think they were imbeciles anyway, but they're really just inexperienced and now it'll be even harder for them to get any experience. There is value to society in those minimum wage starter jobs.

You sure you can't differentiate between complaining about dumb fucks people have to interact with daily to get shit done and someone basically coming into the thread declaring everyone in the thread are the dumb fucks for participating in life?

Fun game. Anything anyone posts in the thread just tell them to not participate anymore and call them dumbasses. And then when they point out perhaps things are more nuance declare that they're defending something they were just complaining about.

I don't know what the point of most of what you responded with, but just pretend I called you a faggot and got really mad so you can feel you've accomplished something today.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

When the shit is wrong, the answer is simple. Don't do it. Don't play by their rules. You don't have to use their delivery service or forced corporate partnerships. It's the same idea as civil disobedience except in this case there's no government involved. Don't participate in the parts of society that are wrong.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
I hate sales being during the fucking retarded holiday season because I end up getting to play the where the fuck my package is at game with the seasonal help. This case my new headset was sent UPS with last mile by USPS. Shows delivered, so if it doesn't show tomorrow I got to fight DROP about the package and be unable to tell what the fuck my wife is mumbling on her shitty webcam mic we are using for discord atm.

They get no excuses either as I was here all day with my back surgery recovery.

Even better, somehow my usps informed delivery login isn't correct, and the secret question of birth city and first pet? Says not correct and my only recourse is make a new account not yknow fix it any other way. Don't even remember having these kinds of questions or why my typical passwords I subtly change up arn't fitting the ticket.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I was outside shoveling snow in my driveway once when they said they attempted delivery but nobody was available to sign. Just say delayed due to weather.

The other day they said the front door was inaccessible, I guess because of the light layer of leaves that fell in the two days since I cleared them. Ignoring that 99% of packages are left at the side door that's on the driveway and not even behind a fence that you basically have to walk past to go to the front door.

It's the time of year the seasonal workers just lie when they don't feel like delivering something.

The best is when they give some bullshit excuse and then don't attempt delivery for two or three more days. Always assume they actually lost or stole something, but then it shows up and I'm perplexed what the point of it all was.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
God damnit.

I cant have this package dropped off at a local ups store for me to pickup and the only days they will deliver are fucking work days in the middle of it.

Fucking retarded.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
with last mile by USPS.
USPS is the absolute worst. Fuck Amazon and everyone else for paying those fucks to touch my package.

That being said, one unforseen advantage to living in a rural county is we get contractors to deliver mail instead of the actual USPS guys. Believe it or not, the contractors are better.
Rural wins again.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
USPS is the absolute worst. Fuck Amazon and everyone else for paying those fucks to touch my package.

That being said, one unforseen advantage to living in a rural county is we get contractors to deliver mail instead of the actual USPS guys. Believe it or not, the contractors are better.
Rural wins again.
I live in a subdivision but in the middle of a massive set of dairy farms and stuff. The main drag is 3 miles of nothing in either direction. And yes the uses dude is way better than my last one in a city

• 1Like