Whats rustling your jimmies?

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Your tale rustled me enough that I looked it up. Summarizing this article, it doesn't just take into account distance and traffic, but even crap like fucking hills, under the assumption that if you have fewer hills you are saving gas. Sounds like bullshit to me as well. However, it says you can turn it off by unchecking the "Prefer fuel-efficient routes" option that defaults to on. Hopefully that helps. I know that if I ever see it, I'll be trying to turn it off immediately as well.

I've been more annoyed by phone updates randomly turn on google maps being like "look back at your trips last month" and other dumbass popups like google maps is supposed to be a fun social media thing. Same w/ a couple other google apps, forget which at the moment.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Go to the DMV to renew my driver's license. The lady helping me, a sheriff's deputy, asks me if I want to designate on my new license that I am an American citizen. I asked her back, why would there be any question whether I was or not since to the best of my knowledge, only American citizens can apply for a driver's license in this state anyway. Crickets. So I ask her, have you issued any driver's licenses to non-citizens. She says no. So I ask her, you're going to soon, aren't you.

• 1Tiresome
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
Go to the DMV to renew my driver's license. The lady helping me, a sheriff's deputy, asks me if I want to designate on my new license that I am an American citizen. I asked her back, why would there be any question whether I was or not since to the best of my knowledge, only American citizens can apply for a driver's license in this state anyway. Crickets. So I ask her, have you issued any driver's licenses to non-citizens. She says no. So I ask her, you're going to soon, aren't you.
What state is this?
Does that mean no legitimate permanent residents (green card holders)? Not that I really care, just seems weird you can legally live here permanently but cant get a drivers license.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

lurker

Vyemm Raider
What state is this?
Does that mean no legitimate permanent residents (green card holders)? Not that I really care, just seems weird you can legally live here permanently but cant get a drivers license.
This is Idaho. Now it is legal to get a driver's license if you are a permanent resident of the state; that is, not a US citizen. That has been the case for years here. What is new is that you can now identify yourself as a citizen. Why is that? IDK, it just rubbed me the wrong way. There's a push here to grant driving privileges to illegal aliens funded by the ag and dairy businesses and it pisses me off.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
This is Idaho. Now it is legal to get a driver's license if you are a permanent resident of the state; that is, not a US citizen. That has been the case for years here. What is new is that you can now identify yourself as a citizen. Why is that? IDK, it just rubbed me the wrong way. There's a push here to grant driving privileges to illegal aliens funded by the ag and dairy businesses and it pisses me off.

I'm a green card guy, and it was a right royal pain in the ass to get a drivers license here. But, since I have one, going to the BMV and renewing it has never been a problem. I initially had to prove I was here legally, nothing of the sort since, and it has been years.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Had an interview last friday with a company. They dont do weekends and they give a week off for Christmas. But they work 50-60 hours a week. That surprised me but I did the pros and cons and figured I could take it so long as they didn't have me try to sell anything. "No we do all the sales. You just show up and fix the thing."

So I spent the weekend getting used to the idea of working my butt off. That's fine I got the time. Then they went with someone else. Whatever it's their business I can't be angry.

So I had a phone interview with a another plumbing company run by a lady who is friends with a lady at my church, and she says she pays off commission and has sales goals. I told her I didn't really want to be in sales, I had done something like that already. She told me the whole city operates like that and it's what you need to do to survive. I told her thank you and she said to sleep on it and call her tomorrow. Alright well I guess I will but my mind won't change.

I think I'm going to look in the small towns outside the city and find someone who isn't trying to build a fuckin' empire in the concrete jungle.
I encountered this when I was in the mental health field. Job sucks enough without having to find clients

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
People who project their own inability to digest food normally on others, and decide to talk about defecation at the dinner table as a result.

"Oh, youre eating cheese? Guess who's gonna be blocked up for a week lol!"
"Oh, you're eating cantelope? Lets clear a path in case you need to run for the toilet lol!"
"Oh you're eating spicy food? Guess whose asshole's gonna be burning tomorrow!"

Folks, I dont know what the actual fuck is wrong with your digestive systems, but for normal humans, neither cheese, fruit, or spicy food cause any kind of digestive complications whatsoever. You should be ashamed of your inferior digestive systems and not admit your weakness in public. And certainly not assume other people share your fucked up bowels.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just found out the people who got me fired not two years ago left the company. It was a good job, good enough to stick with for the rest of my life - but not good enough to go back to.

They tanked my finances and frankly fucked my worldview - I did a great job and filled a role that was needed yet was fired due to "not being a good fit" and now they're gone? FUCK them and those who placated to them.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Folks, I dont know what the actual fuck is wrong with your digestive systems, but for normal humans, neither cheese, fruit, or spicy food cause any kind of digestive complications whatsoever. You should be ashamed of your inferior digestive systems and not admit your weakness in public. And certainly not assume other people share your fucked up bowels.
Some people do have inferior digestive systems. People who arent of European descent or a few east African ethnicities lack the ability to properly digest lactose.

Some people are tards about it though. "omg you ate Mexican food?! enjoy tomorrow!". Bitch are you eating your tacos off the floor or something?

• 1Like

lurker

Vyemm Raider
People who project their own inability to digest food normally on others, and decide to talk about defecation at the dinner table as a result.

"Oh, youre eating cheese? Guess who's gonna be blocked up for a week lol!"
"Oh, you're eating cantelope? Lets clear a path in case you need to run for the toilet lol!"
"Oh you're eating spicy food? Guess whose asshole's gonna be burning tomorrow!"

FDA Says No Link Between Taco Bell And Diarrhea, Declares Food 'Safe And Effective'

• 1Like

Goatface

Don't they cut the meat with oatmeal or something and that is what gives people the shits?
iirc, it was claimed meat was over 50% soy lecithin, oats and water. the soy lecithin can cause diarrhea

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I encountered this when I was in the mental health field. Job sucks enough without having to find clients

Is that why you joined foh? To find mental health clients?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Don't they cut the meat with oatmeal or something and that is what gives people the shits?
It’s because most people only eat Taco Bell when they’re 5 beers and 2 shots deep. Then when they shit like a toddler the next day they blame it on the Gordita crunch, Mexican pizza and 3 Dorito tacos they had.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Is that why you joined foh? To find mental health clients?
Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

• 1Worf