Whats rustling your jimmies?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Doors should be color coordinated with the rest of the house. You should select something respectful and not grotesque, but you can add a sense of novelty and boldness by using different textures, tones and glass to cause it to pop. White is very traditional with brick mold and carries to the door. A blue and white house might choose a mid tone natural wood door rather than a color. A house with warm siding might choose a coordinated cool tone door. White farmhouse can go bold with black. Etc.

Houses with garish front doors should be burned. If you feel you must, consider desaturated or pastel colors instead of destroying your neighborhood (e.g. a pastel salmon instead of neon pink).

• 1Worf
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Nationalist
Reactions: 3 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Doors should be color coordinated with the rest of the house. You should select something respectful and not grotesque, but you can add a sense of novelty and boldness by using different textures, tones and glass to cause it to pop. White is very traditional with brick mold and carries to the door. A blue and white house might choose a mid tone natural wood door rather than a color. A house with warm siding might choose a coordinated cool tone door. White farmhouse can go bold with black. Etc.

Houses with garish front doors should be burned. If you feel you must, consider desaturated or pastel colors instead of destroying your neighborhood (e.g. a pastel salmon instead of neon pink).

What fragrance of potpourri and what type of flower arrangements would best compliment my man cave?

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What fragrance of potpourri and what type of flower arrangements would best compliment my man cave?
I don't recommend flowers unless you're a tranny. For man caves I recommend seasoning the space heavily with sweaty MTG players to eliminate residual musty smells, then a fairly strong scent like aromatic cedar to rebalance the area.

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I looked it up, Red is a traditional color for front doors dating back to like 17th or 18th century Scotland and the early US.

Now that I know colorful front doors piss some people off I'm tempted to paint mine, except whats the point? if people can see your front door from the road you're doing it wrong anyway

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I never got the painting the front door a color other than white. Probably just me and how I was raised but front doors are white in my entirety of growing up.

I know wife made a big deal about painting ours red when we moved here.

I looked it up, Red is a traditional color for front doors dating back to like 17th or 18th century Scotland and the early US.

Now that I know colorful front doors piss some people off I'm tempted to paint mine, except whats the point? if people can see your front door from the road you're doing it wrong anyway

Red doors mean your house is open to visitors. Hobos, escaped slaves, and basically anyone passing through can stop in for a visit and a meal. So I agree with Sanrith. White doors; cause fuck strangers. My current door is stained wood. I'm going to paint it white when I get home just in case.

Edit: Source:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I mean, it meant your mortgage was paid off in Scotland if you want to get attached to historical meanings.

Like most traditions its detached from its original roots, now a red door just symbolizes hospitality for people who are into that symbolizing shit.

I think it also has some Fung Shuei (sp, wtfever) connotations but I don't follow pagan nonsense

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I mean, it meant your mortgage was paid off in Scotland if you want to get attached to historical meanings.

Like most traditions its detached from its original roots, now a red door just symbolizes hospitality for people who are into that symbolizing shit.

I think it also has some Fung Shuei (sp, wtfever) connotations but I don't follow pagan nonsense

Do we have a scottish FOH'er? Pretty sure we're all american so the scottish and fung shway meanings don't count.

The 3 brits don't count as scottish either.

• 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
20230605_093531.jpg

Second time i three weeks, same tire.

73e020f56c4a86221823bc32113b4316d2-25-ben-affleck-sad-smoke.2x.w710.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>

Just to irritate you more...

We're about to repaint. Going with beige/tan/browns neutrals and off white for trim. Painting over the one thing I've never liked about this house, the salmon colored brick. Accent color (i.e. what the door will be)? Tardis Blue. (Door has square windows on it so people should hopefully get the bit)

Ah life without an HOA.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Just to irritate you more...

We're about to repaint. Going with beige/tan/browns neutrals and off white for trim. Painting over the one thing I've never liked about this house, the salmon colored brick. Accent color (i.e. what the door will be)? Tardis Blue. (Door has square windows on it so people should hopefully get the bit)

Ah life without an HOA.
Wait, you're going to have a cool deep blue door to contrast with your warm beige brickwork and a swiss coffee trim? Why would this irritate me, it's almost like you've looked at a color wheel once in your life.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Fun fact, if you go through the steel belt, it's rubber again. It's like there's another tire hiding in there!

• 8Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Fun fact, if you go through the steel belt, it's rubber again. It's like there's another tire hiding in there!
Then soon after you have more steel. Or aluminum if that's what your rims are made of.

• 1Worf

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Transformers movies. I want them to be good, badass. and they're just corny and offensive and poorly written and poorly directed, so frustrating, angering

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Uhh...that's plenty of tread depth still.

Sure sure. It'll get you all the way to the scene of the accident. Quick too. I bet you'll get there at least 30 minutes before the paramedics show up.

Goatface

need to get 2 ultrasounds that i had done a 2 different hospitals, owned by same chain. call ask the lady, "i had one at x and the other at y, can i get both at x?" she said yes. drive to x, big signs "main entrance", go in, big sign where the directions desk is/was. this is staff only entrance, please go around building to other entrance. lady pops out nowhere asks me where i am trying to go, she informs me hospital x no longer has a records dept.
drive 20 miles to hospital y. go to records, it has to be the smallest "office" i have ever been in. the space in front of the window is about 4 inches wider than the doors, one on left opens into the room. in the "waiting area", people in the red chairs knees would touch if they sat normally.
Screenshot_20230607_101246.png

3 people already waiting, stand around looking at my phone for about 15-20 mins. nothing happening, but see a little sign next to the window with prices and other info. turns out you can't even pick up records here, only order and pay, then they are mailed to you. same thing if done online, so i leave.

edit
turns out, you can't get images online. call the chain's records dept, she transfers me hospital x's radiology dept, girl is like, ok, cd will be ready in 15 mins.

Last edited:
  • 1Rustled

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

I love these shitty life tips!

Another one is that stoplights timed for 35 mph city driving, are also timed for 70 :p

• 2Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users