Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Screenshot_20230628-183502.png

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Internet went out and I had to call tech support. No, that's enough to rustle my jimmies these days, what rustled my jimmies was that while i was on hold, the robot kept continually interrupting the horrible hold muzak to say "If only one of your devices has trouble connecting to the internet, it might be a problem with that device". It doesn't even rustle me that they said that. What rustles me is that I couldn't even be mad because I knew the average person is stupid enough to need that reminder.

If only you had cut the cord your TV might still be with you today

Don't forget the playstation. So if I'd cut the cord and not abandoned the PC master race, my TV might still be with me. But like i said, I wound up with a better one for less than 3 bills. Ceiling Cat iz gud. "U no, teh Ceiling Cat, he always doin stuff for ur own gud, if u luvs him."

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Like I said, I don't know why. My mom needed me to bring her over there so I did. Something about her primary being too far away and not able to see her for several days anyway, but she needed lab work done. I'm pretty sure we could have gone to some other lab but IDK.
Unless she had labs that needed to be done immediately, you go to an outpatient lab to get that done. People going to the ER for trivial shit because they don't want to wait is part of why ERs are such shit shows most of them time.

Logged in for work tonight, no outlook, no teams. Looks like IT let my account lapse. Had to leave IT a message and hope someone actually notices it and fixes it tonight or a lot of time sensitive shit is not getting done tonight. Not to mention being unable to communicate properly with the morning people when they come in.

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Unless she had labs that needed to be done immediately, you go to an outpatient lab to get that done. People going to the ER for trivial shit because they don't want to wait is part of why ERs are such shit shows most of them time.

Logged in for work tonight, no outlook, no teams. Looks like IT let my account lapse. Had to leave IT a message and hope someone actually notices it and fixes it tonight or a lot of time sensitive shit is not getting done tonight. Not to mention being unable to communicate properly with the morning people when they come in.
Whelp you might as well just shit post from the phone until they sort you out. That's what I do when I get blocked.

I also do that during bullshit meetings that some fuck tard invites me to that I don't need to attend.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
People going to the ER for trivial shit because they don't want to wait
As a Canadian this statement is so absurd it hurts trying to process it. The only time I waited less than 12 hours at the ER was when I bled all over the place in the triage office. Even then I had to wait for a couple hours.

• 1Solidarity

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Whelp you might as well just shit post from the phone until they sort you out. That's what I do when I get blocked.

I also do that during bullshit meetings that some fuck tard invites me to that I don't need to attend.

IT didn't even start working on it until my shift ended. I even managed to find out who the on call guy was and his cell, but of course he didn't answer. Tonight is going to such a shit show trying to catch up on everything that I couldn't do.

As a Canadian this statement is so absurd it hurts trying to process it. The only time I waited less than 12 hours at the ER was when I bled all over the place in the triage office. Even then I had to wait for a couple hours.
At least you don't get a $20k bill for an emergency appendectomy and being discharged 12 hours later.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
IT didn't even start working on it until my shift ended. I even managed to find out who the on call guy was and his cell, but of course he didn't answer. Tonight is going to such a shit show trying to catch up on everything that I couldn't do.

At least you don't get a $20k bill for an emergency appendectomy and being discharged 12 hours later.
Hopefully you can raise some revenge holy hell and get some lazy IT guys have some fire on them

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Tonight is going to such a shit show trying to catch up on everything that I couldn't do.

If we were true shitlords, we'd make you do a ton of moderation tonight.

What time does your shift start?

• 1Worf
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
the TV was surge protected but the cable box and play station were not. Both still work fine, but my guess is that some stray voltages got sent down the HDMI cable from one of those. The TV was the weakest link.
giphy.gif

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
My brother and I dodged another round of layoffs at work today. On the other hand, lost quite a few of my good coworkers on an adjacent team. One of those nerve wracking days where you know somethings off but not sure what until the meeting invites with the HR people show up. Shit sucks.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Excessive heat warning popups on phone. No shit, 114 degrees during day and 90 at night is hot as hell...

lurker

Vyemm Raider
I used to be able to just click a Twitter embed in a thread on this site and be taken to Twitter to read the tweet and replies. Now I get blocked because I don’t have a Twitter account.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I used to be able to just click a Twitter embed in a thread on this site and be taken to Twitter to read the tweet and replies. Now I get blocked because I don’t have a Twitter account.
They are doing some back-end work, Elon says its temporary.

• 1Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
First, our CHRO goes. Okay, fine, whatever, no big deal.

Then our CEO goes.

Then my boss’s counterpart (director of non-clinical ops) goes.

Then our chief medical officer goes.

Then two of our senior medical directors leave, and the third gets transferred to a different division despite that we’re already minus two.

Time to go.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

The labs had to be done immediately yeah, and I guess there was no other way to do it. She got put on an antibiotic later that same evening and I had to go pick that up, so I guess it was a pretty serious deal.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Treecare negligence
We're required to trim our trees yet people don't and they're the same ones who down power lines it's
hot and humid af without power and today and yesterday are my days off for the week
oh and I use CPAP so not sleeping with that has added on crankiness. with the forest fires upwind us I was wearing it while awake. Now I get nothing but sticky sweatiness

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Like I said, I don't know why. My mom needed me to bring her over there so I did. Something about her primary being too far away and not able to see her for several days anyway, but she needed lab work done. I'm pretty sure we could have gone to some other lab but IDK.

Good question. Most of my cousins are nurses and they work super hard under bad circumstances, so I have a respect for hospital staff and their thankless jobs.

This place was run like an absolute shitshow though, like a third-world trauma ward. There were all these people in beds and all these hospital staff congregated in the center area doing who knows what. Some woman was wailing for assistance and nobody was doing anything, too busy all congregated in the middle around different computers. I bet half the people working there could be let go and it would have made zero difference to their efficiency on this particular day.

Total goddamn shitshow. I don't know what the fuck was going on over there.
This was a really stupid decision that’s going to cost her like $2k instead of a couple hundred at most.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Treecare negligence
We're required to trim our trees yet people don't and they're the same ones who down power lines it's
hot and humid af without power and today and yesterday are my days off for the week
oh and I use CPAP so not sleeping with that has added on crankiness. with the forest fires upwind us I was wearing it while awake. Now I get nothing but sticky sweatiness

What's up with CPAPs, they help with breathing while sleeping? I sleep horrendously bad and often have breathing issues (nose stops working when I lay down).

This was a really stupid decision that’s going to cost her like $2k instead of a couple hundred at most.

She's got full health coverage.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
She's got full health coverage.
Not sure what that means, like fully paid by the government?

I have full health coverage but there are huge price differences depending on where I go get the same service done. Insurance agencies are very picky on where you go.

• 1Like