Whats rustling your jimmies?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1688978144466.png

Is repeating the same line over and over some kind of a thing now? Do you clap your hands between each line?

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Was in Lowes this morning to get some lawn sprinkler parts. They were setting up Halloween shit. Half way into July and they’re selling end of October stuff.

Some guy behind me at the self serve (no cashiers anywhere) had 2 stupid blowup Halloween things totaling over $750.

• 1Rustled
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
As a Canadian this statement is so absurd it hurts trying to process it. The only time I waited less than 12 hours at the ER was when I bled all over the place in the triage office. Even then I had to wait for a couple hours.
Universal healthcare sounds terrific, why do lefty “canukes” and “Europeans” push this scam so hard on Reddit?

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Universal healthcare sounds terrific, why do lefty “canukes” and “Europeans” push this scam so hard on Reddit?
It's great for those who don't contribute to the system. For contributing members of society, it's complete ass.

For junkies it's basically an all you can eat buffet.

When I left the military I registered my wife and kid on the waiting list for a family doctor, that was a year and a half ago. How about me you say? Well, when I tried to get on the waiting list I was informed I was already on it. Since before I joined the military in 2005.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
It's great for those who don't contribute to the system. For contributing members of society, it's complete ass.

For junkies it's basically an all you can eat buffet.

When I left the military I registered my wife and kid on the waiting list for a family doctor, that was a year and a half ago. How about me you say? Well, when I tried to get on the waiting list I was informed I was already on it. Since before I joined the military in 2005.
🤡 🌎

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I've got hobbies, I know that. Pretty much the only 2 that make me spend some time online using forums are gaming and disc golf. For disc golf there is basically a single forum to find out about new products. There is an app for the courses. It's now infected strongly with the cult. Yeah, I'm down low rustled about it. I'll probably just quit my account and go without since I don't really need the forum but it was nice to use. It's one of those things that I could go after and post on their forums about it endlessly but I'll just get suspended and why? Oh well, time to step up my other hobbies and just stick to playing with buddies.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Do we have any foamers on this board who can explain why trains randomly stop on tracks and block intersections til the conductor is done jerking off to all the anguish hes creating?

Going to work. get stopped for close to 10 minutes because a train that was crossing a major road decided to stop. No junctions or unloading points for it to be going into to detaching anything at.

Going home from work again another train that I followed for 5-6 miles. It was cruising along at 30-40mph then suddenly stopped right before an intersection. The intersection's signal had triggered as if the train was going to cross, but train stops instead and the crossing signal turns off. It then just sits there for who knows how long, it was still stopped as I made my turn. This train was also so long it was blocking an intersection almost a mile down the road.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Do we have any foamers on this board who can explain why trains randomly stop on tracks and block intersections til the conductor is done jerking off to all the anguish hes creating?

Going to work. get stopped for close to 10 minutes because a train that was crossing a major road decided to stop. No junctions or unloading points for it to be going into to detaching anything at.

Going home from work again another train that I followed for 5-6 miles. It was cruising along at 30-40mph then suddenly stopped right before an intersection. The intersection's signal had triggered as if the train was going to cross, but train stops instead and the crossing signal turns off. It then just sits there for who knows how long, it was still stopped as I made my turn. This train was also so long it was blocking an intersection almost a mile down the road.

I felt this in my bones. I wonder who schedules these things. I get it, they need to transport the goods, but who the fuck ok's a major drop off to the harbor (where all traffic is blocked for 20 + minutes) right at 4:00 PM. That one train manages to block no less than 3 important intersections at once.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
View attachment 481844
Is repeating the same line over and over some kind of a thing now? Do you clap your hands between each line?
“People are stupid. They will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.”

"People are stupid; they want to believe, so they do.”​

― Terry Goodkind, quote from Wizard's First Rule

Palum

what Suineg set it to
In most cases those rails were there at least 70 years and most likely a century or more. Blame your dumb town or city for building cheap grade crossings everywhere.

I'm going to start a new non profit called "Trails to Rails" that rips up all these shitty bike paths and returns them to glorious infrastructure.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
When it is the heat of the day on the hottest day of the year and an electrical Transformer in your alley decides to explode and take out power for 4 hours

• 2Rustled
  • 2Like
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 4 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
In my specific field, I constantly spot opportunities 2-5 years before any competitors and a lot of the industry at large. I feel like I capitalize on that foresight about 10% of the time and it's driving me godamn crazy.

It's because I always try to sell the concepts to coworkers and get them to sign off on a case study, which their annual budget would pay for. Most of the time they don't want to gamble on trying something new....until a competitor does it.
Annoys the shit out of me that I have a unique ability to see this stuff ahead of time, but am rarely the first one to actually do it. So I requested an annual R&D budget last week that I can spend however the hell I want, separate from my pre-approved equipment budget. Took all of 2 minutes to get the board to sign off on that. Should have done this 5 years ago.

Bandwagon dum.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider

It's possible that somewhere down the line there is another train and it's blocking the rail. I live in a city with a huge amount of railways, since it's a port city, and I've definitely been on the verge of pissing myself waiting for a train moving at a slow walk.

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
haven't had any new music really since like 2018. either that or i have no idea where the new music is.

i subscribe to apple music for music ive been listening on repeat for 5 years.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

wtf is a foamer? I don't know a lot about trains, I only worked on one once. But I know they are beholding to schedulers that are akin to area Air Traffic Controllers. Those guys are responsible for making sure the track ahead of you is clear, and if it's not (or not going to be) they'll hold you at a less congested spot. There's also the possibility that there is a depot of some sort that you just can't see since the train was a mile long.