Whats rustling your jimmies?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Does anyone know how in the flying fuck you talk to a real person at Ebay customer support?

Two months ago I bought a bunch of Pokemon games that turned out to all be counterfeits. They're outside the return window because I didn't find out they were counterfeits until this week. They should still be covered by Ebay's money-back guarantee for stuff like intentional fake merchandise. However I can't do any of that through their automatic system because it doesn't let you do anything if it's outside the window to ask the seller for a return. I don't want to engage the seller on any level since they're fraudsters. Looked around online and found one customer support line that seems to be automated, because it steers you towards using the website's help section no matter what your question is. And the website doesn't help because it tells me to contact the seller like it would with any other return. The most rustly part of all is that the phone robot voice says "The best way to help with your specific problem is to go to the website and use our automated help". I didn't specify a problem. Motherfuck.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Search for live ebay customer support + reddit.

Reddit is aids but great for finding random contact info like that.

Also pokemon games wtf...

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
big phoenixes dad "my toenail and skin on my big toe came off"

big phoenix "wtf do you mean came off? Like it slid off or you ripped it off? What happened?!"

bpd "I dont know how it happened but Im going to urgent care in the morning"

bp "that makes absolutely zero sense, send me a picture of your foot"

So he proceeds to send me a picture of a badly swollen foot, his big toe 100% destroyed by gangrene, pitch black and the gangrene clearly working its way up the rest of his foot/toes.

And this is a man who already lost his left leg up to his knee in 2021 due to the exact same fucking situation. Literally the exact same thing.

iu

• 4Picard
  • 3Thoughts & Prayers
  • 2WTF
Reactions: 10 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
big phoenixes dad "my toenail and skin on my big toe came off"

big phoenix "wtf do you mean came off? Like it slid off or you ripped it off? What happened?!"

bpd "I dont know how it happened but Im going to urgent care in the morning"

bp "that makes absolutely zero sense, send me a picture of your foot"

So he proceeds to send me a picture of a badly swollen foot, his big toe 100% destroyed by gangrene, pitch black and the gangrene clearly working its way up the rest of his foot/toes.

And this is a man who already lost his left leg up to his knee in 2021 due to the exact same fucking situation. Literally the exact same thing.

iu
How the fuck do you accidentally gangrene in 2023 unless your plane crashes on a tropical island

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
How the fuck do you accidentally gangrene in 2023 unless your plane crashes on a tropical island
Hes has type 2 diabetes. Common among diabetics. iirc diabetes kills the blood flow or nerves to your digits so they injure themselves some how then either dont care or dont realize it when they develop an infection in their toes.

In fact its so common his fucking older brother died in literally this same exact way albeit at a much faster rate. First a few toes amputated, then most his leg, then he was dead.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Hes has type 2 diabetes. Common among diabetics. iirc diabetes kills the blood flow or nerves to your digits so they injure themselves some how then either dont care or dont realize it when they develop an infection in their toes.

In fact its so common his fucking older brother died in literally this same exact way albeit at a much faster rate. First a few toes amputated, then most his leg, then he was dead.
Ugh

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider

I used to be constantly WTFing at diabetics and their feet but if you think about it kinda makes sense - if you have no feeling in your feet then it’s essentially useless to you at that point so you’re less likely to care about it.

It’s actually so common that one of the common diagnostic tests for those wounds is “can you stick a probe in it and directly hit the bone” to determine if the bone is infected.

Hope your dad is ok

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Husbando’s uncle and grandfather did the same shit. Type II, noncompliant, etc. the grandfather in particular was just a legless hombre in a wheelchair still eating ice cream straight out of the carton. Best of luck to you and yours Big P.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Search for live ebay customer support + reddit.

Reddit is aids but great for finding random contact info like that.

Also pokemon games wtf...

Not many things bring me back like a Pokemon. There are a couple I never got back in the day so now that I've got a 3DS I went for them. Lot of people fondly remember their High School time for the dances and football and parties. I remember it for Pokemon because everything else fucking sucked!

Did the Reddit thing, looks like Ebay makes you jump through hoops and hides the contact links. There's no number to call, but apparently you can ask the automated agent to have someone call you. I'll do that during normal business hours.

Biggest jimmie-rustling of the last few years is the way companies seem to be doing everything in their power to phase out workers, making it more difficult to actually reach a person anywhere. Small businesses don't do this, but mega-corps with hundreds of billions of dollars can't maintain and staff a decent phone support system?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Man, what is it with diabetic old men and refusal to take care of themselves? My dad died from a series of falls but he was seriously weakened by diabetes that had robbed him of much of his feeling in his feet. He would never go to a doctor (yet still went to the dentist twice a year, oddly enough). He could have managed it with some help, I imagine, but I guess he thought he could do it himself or just wanted to die.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
So he said he was gonna go to the hospital but had to wait to "catch his cats" so he could take him with him.

Eventually my brother calls the police where hes living at and ask them to do a welfare check. Police show up to where hes staying but he refuses to open his door saying he is fine and theres nothing wrong with him. Police say their hands are tied. Refuses to go to the hospital at all.

We all try calling him back but he ignores our calls. I text him asking him if he went to the hospital and he just responds with hes never gonna tell us his problems again and hes mad my brother called the police to check up on him.

for reference, this is his foot;
1690435982010.png
Best of luck to you and yours Big P.
I genuinely do not care about the guy dying. I could wake up tomorrow to a message saying hes dead and I wouldnt care.

What is all so tiresome is knowing this man is my father so his pathetic, sad and miserable life is connected to mine and this is how hes turned out. Its almost as if hes trying to make his final memories of him as aggravating as possible or something, hard to put into words. Its like you see those videos of human misery and filfth on skid row or philadelphia and think glad Im not connected to that but I sadly am.
Man, what is it with diabetic men and refusal to take care of themselves?
The man has always been a quasi sloth all his life, even when he had his "health" 20-30 years ago. Hes also quite possibly one of the biggest narcissistic in the world so trying to give him advice is futile because he thinks he knows everything and can deal with anything. Not just that but his current situation is no way his fault, its someone elses fault or circumstances beyond his control.

Last edited:
  • 3WTF
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 5 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
The man has always been a quasi sloth all his life, even when he had his "health" 20-30 years ago. Hes also quite possibly one of the biggest narcissistic in the world so trying to give him advice is futile because he thinks he knows everything and can deal with anything. Not just that but his current situation is no way his fault, its someone elses fault or circumstances beyond his control.
My old man became a complete sloth after he retired at 52 IIRC. Spent all day every day in front of the TV, not that he ever did anything after work either. I'm pretty sure all that sitting and vegging out led him to dementia because no one on his side of the family had it. Withered away last few years of his life and died bedridden. Meanwhile his cousin is 81 and still shovels the snow off his driveway. He retired from his main job in his 50's and went right to work at his business which he works at every day to this day. Still sharp as a tack, too. No TV, no junk food, and an annual beer. My dad didn't drink either, but it is hard to tell they are related.

My sisters inherited their father's penchant for sitting and doing nothing. The last few years really made me appreciate the fact that I inherited my work ethic from my mother's father.

Old man was also textbook narcissist. Pissed away every dime he "invested" and then some. Good thing he had a killer pension because he would have been broke without it. Never listened to anyone about anything. I told him decades ago to get off his ass and start moving and to turn off the TV, but he didn't listen. He also ended up with diabeetus because of all the shit he shoveled down his throat. His was manageable with meds and also not being able to buy his own food the last few years.

The last thing I told him was that I was going to bury his ashes in a public outhouse so everyone could take turns shitting on his grave. It was the first time I got through to him and he finally realized the gravity of his situation.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So he said he was gonna go to the hospital but had to wait to "catch his cats" so he could take him with him.

Eventually my brother calls the police where hes living at and ask them to do a welfare check. Police show up to where hes staying but he refuses to open his door saying he is fine and theres nothing wrong with him. Police say their hands are tied. Refuses to go to the hospital at all.

We all try calling him back but he ignores our calls. I text him asking him if he went to the hospital and he just responds with hes never gonna tell us his problems again and hes mad my brother called the police to check up on him.

for reference, this is his foot;

I genuinely do not care about the guy dying. I could wake up tomorrow to a message saying hes dead and I wouldnt care.

What is all so tiresome is knowing this man is my father so his pathetic, sad and miserable life is connected to mine and this is how hes turned out. Its almost as if hes trying to make his final memories of him as aggravating as possible or something, hard to put into words. Its like you see those videos of human misery and filfth on skid row or philadelphia and think glad Im not connected to that but I sadly am.

Sorry man, but fucking retarded

• 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
I decided to call out of work today, nothing related to my dad but I just had some things to take care of and just didnt feel like going in. First time in just over 4 months ive used a sick day. Call the CEO to let him know as hes currently my boss since he fired my last boss and the guy they hired to replace him decided not to take the position.

Start at 930, called at 9 to let him know. "Id really prefer it if you gave me more notice when calling out", ok.

Then he follows up by telling me he doesnt like me starting at 930 and would like me to start earlier so wants to have a meeting tomorrow to discuss that.

1690478602907.png

The last thing I told him was that I was going to bury his ashes in a public outhouse so everyone could take turns shitting on his grave. It was the first time I got through to him and he finally realized the gravity of his situation.
I havent been that blunt but Ive told him hes being an idiot making horrible choices that he needs to fix that and he just responds with he knows what hes doing and the problem isnt really diabetes or his lifestyle its his shoes being too tight or not having the correct prosthetic for his left stump.

Last edited:
  • 1Rustled

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
So he says they took just his big toe. Surprising consider how awful his foot looked.

• 1Rustled
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Mandriana

So he says they took just his big toe. Surprising consider how awful his foot looked.
They're going to wait and see what the antibiotics do with the surrounding structures and tissues.

Here's hoping he's the type of guy that is extremely diligent with taking prescribed antibiotics.

Hopefully their keeping him in the hospital for IV antibiotic treatment before he goes home.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Someone forged a check from my business account. Not a huge amount, $8,000, but now the fraud department of my bank has frozen all of my accounts because they have to prove it wasn't me who did it. I've been at this bank for more than 20 years, never had an issue, but now everything is locked down. I'm being punished because some douchbag committed fraud pretending to be me.

The up side is that I'm pretty sure I know who it is, I have contacted the police and filed an affidavit with the bank. I don't care what the legal costs are, I'm going after this asshole.

• 5Rustled
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So Gmail is going to start purging inactive accounts. Ok, reasonable enough, so I start going through my list of accounts to make sure they have a fresh login. Except that on all of them that haven't been recently logged in, I have to get a code from the recovery email AND then have a code texted. Ok fine, I have recovery emails on all of them and it's not like Google doesn't already know my numbers. Except for some of emails, Google tells me to go fuck myself anyway.

1690554425196.png

My fault for continuing to use Google in any capacity in current year I guess. Thinking about changing aged email addresses with god knows what accounts tied to them is rustling me pretty hard though.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Someone forged a check from my business account. Not a huge amount, $8,000, but now the fraud department of my bank has frozen all of my accounts because they have to prove it wasn't me who did it. I've been at this bank for more than 20 years, never had an issue, but now everything is locked down. I'm being punished because some douchbag committed fraud pretending to be me.

The up side is that I'm pretty sure I know who it is, I have contacted the police and filed an affidavit with the bank. I don't care what the legal costs are, I'm going after this asshole.
Should deal with the person in this manner.