Whats rustling your jimmies?

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
My wife ordered groceries tonight. I'm a freak, I know, I actually like grocery shopping so I'm already rustled a bit. At first they were supposed to arrive at 6pm, then they moved it back to 10pm, just now they called and told us probably tomorrow.

Naturally I was like I wonder why it's such a big issue, you should call and cancel. She told me she did and had also asked what the problem was. She was told that her tip wasn't big enough, she gave the minimum, $45.

Holy shit, now I'm just pissed about the whole thing. Make a fucking list and let me get it. I'll take the $45 and go buy some ammo, or a whiskey, or just save it. A forty five dollar tip wasn't big enough... Bidenomics indeed.

The tipping in this country has gotten WAY out of hand. It's to the point now I refuse to tip anything unless you did actual work with excellent customer service. If all the person did was spin a iPad... you're not getting a fucking tip. If service is ever refused because of the tip, that service never gets used again.

Apparently this makes me rustled.

• 9Like
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 9 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I work for a big banks phone tech support for the website and app. Apple dropped the new iPhone on the 22nd(?) so we've been getting tons of calls from people who don't remember their passwords or security questions because they've been relying solely on FaceID since they set up their accounts.
I feel like in 2023, if you complain that you've forgotten your password and cant get into something, the only response you should get from anyone is laughter.

I mean, its 20 fucking 23 and you havent yet come up with some kind of system for avoiding this? Click the "password reset"? Use some bullshit password manager? Using easily remembered phrases as passwords? Just not being a zero-apple retard and simply remembering your password in the first place?

Instead no, youre gonna ask some human to deal with it for you? lmao no

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
The local grocery store I use has a service where you can send in your list. One of the store employees picks everything for you, so about an hour or so later you can just show up to the store and get everything on your list already bagged and just pay for it. No charge. Free service. Because you know why? Because you're buying fucking groceries at the grocery store and they recognize they'd be out of business without customers.

That said, on the receipt is the name of the picker, and when possible I try to find them to slip them a $10 or $20 bill. Yeah, tipping is out of control in every way. However, if I can tip someone a tenner so I don't have to spend an hour in the grocery store it's worth it to me.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I feel like in 2023, if you complain that you've forgotten your password and cant get into something, the only response you should get from anyone is laughter.

I mean, its 20 fucking 23 and you havent yet come up with some kind of system for avoiding this? Click the "password reset"? Use some bullshit password manager? Using easily remembered phrases as passwords? Just not being a zero-apple retard and simply remembering your password in the first place?

Oh, people also complain about the security to reset their passwords too.

"I'm locked out, I can't get in to my account" "Okay, please click Forgot Password" "I didn't forget my password! I've had it for 20 years" "Okay, that may be the issue, let's click Forgot Password"

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

1695742117999.png

all i want to do is buy a part, not answer 20 question and get a call in 2-3 days.

• 6Like
  • 4Rustled
Reactions: 9 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
View attachment 492363
all i want to do is buy a part, not answer 20 question and get a call in 2-3 days.
Seriously, fuck any and every business of any size that operates through ""quotes""

Fuck the 3-4 guys who will rush in here to assure me that in their very important industry its very important that they operate through quotes

List the fucking price. If "it depends", make a price table. For fucks sakes.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seriously, fuck any and every business of any size that operates through ""quotes""

Fuck the 3-4 guys who will rush in here to assure me that in their very important industry its very important that they operate through quotes

Yeap, told the Airco guy quoting me on a generator install that when they say an extra 1000 off etc I don't really give a shit/trust that they don't just bump up the price and then show a false discount.

Related to this thread. Fucking Kohler generator, 5,500$ I was like cool, figured another $5k on install.

Fuck no, they want $16k just for the work. (ATS switch, gas line stub out from my tank, drop a pre fab pad down etc)

Guess I'm getting a ghetto roll up.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider

Construction is always quotes. I'm not in it anymore, but it was based on number of workers that would be doing the job, materials, and time. Once we gave a quote though, we stuck by it, unless the customer wanted changes.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Any reputable contractor will also give a time frame the quote is guaranteed for. We'll usually see 30-60 day guarantees on quotes, otherwise if you go passed the date they'll have to requote it.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard

Well, Apple is pretty gay about passwords. What's the point of FaceID if you have to put in a password anywhere at all while using an Apple device? My Apple shit has two passwords, one numeric passcode, and FaceID. It really should only use one password and faceid.

• 1Picard

joz123

Potato del Grande
Well, Apple is pretty gay about passwords. What's the point of FaceID if you have to put in a password anywhere at all while using an Apple device? My Apple shit has two passwords, one numeric passcode, and FaceID. It really should only use one password and faceid.
Apple user.
Canadian Agree GIF by CBC

• 1Like
  • 1Triggered
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
The tipping in this country has gotten WAY out of hand. It's to the point now I refuse to tip anything unless you did actual work with excellent customer service. If all the person did was spin a iPad... you're not getting a fucking tip. If service is ever refused because of the tip, that service never gets used again.

Apparently this makes me rustled.
Tipping is straight up stupid these days. Everyone has their hand out for something. Restaurants tacking on service charge on top of tip? Fuck you. Tip amount gets deducted from the service charge when I get one shoved in my face. Precalculated tip percentage that starts out above 15%? Tip is 0 and I'll leave $1 on the table.

These people are playing stupid games, and it is costing them. High prices for meals, shitty service in most places, dumb tip and service charges. A once busy and popular local sub chain went under. Used to be $10 a sub w/chips. After covid, $18 and they got smaller. Seems like every few weeks a restaurant goes under because people are noping out of high prices, sub par meals, and shitty service.

Mandriana

Tipping is straight up stupid these days. Everyone has their hand out for something. Restaurants tacking on service charge on top of tip? Fuck you. Tip amount gets deducted from the service charge when I get one shoved in my face. Precalculated tip percentage that starts out above 15%? Tip is 0 and I'll leave $1 on the table.

These people are playing stupid games, and it is costing them. High prices for meals, shitty service in most places, dumb tip and service charges. A once busy and popular local sub chain went under. Used to be $10 a sub w/chips. After covid, $18 and they got smaller. Seems like every few weeks a restaurant goes under because people are noping out of high prices, sub par meals, and shitty service.
The ridiculous cost increases (plus retarded tip expectations) no longer offset the potential convenience.

Me and my wife used to eat out quite often. Now we don't.

The restaurant industry is done.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
The ridiculous cost increases (plus retarded tip expectations) no longer offset the potential convenience.

Yeah, we're done eating out, too. I can make it at home just as well, and way cheaper. My days aren't so busy I don't have time to cook. There are very few people who truly don't have time to cook.

• 3Like

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The price of going out to eat is getting insane for what you get.

Got out of work early today, went to lunch with my wife.

We got a baked pretzel for an app, I got a basic cheeseburger and fries, she got a bacon lettuce tomato avocado sandwich, 2 sodas. 42 fucking bucks. No booze, no beer, no wine, just soda and food.

The cheeseburger was the "special" of the day too

• 1Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to

We got a baked pretzel for an app, I got a basic cheeseburger and fries, she got a bacon lettuce tomato avocado sandwich, 2 sodas. 42 fucking bucks. No booze, no beer, no wine, just soda and food.

Wow that's cheap. You are lucky.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, we're done eating out, too. I can make it at home just as well, and way cheaper. My days aren't so busy I don't have time to cook. There are very few people who truly don't have time to cook.

Not to mention some of the towns here are touristy, so they have a state tax, a county tax AND a town tax. And a lot of these fucks not only put the recommended tip at 20%, but add the final taxed total, and not subtotal.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard

Yeah. We got fast food yesterday. $36 for 2 fish platters and 2 sodas.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

Me and my wife basically never eat out. Every time I help someone with a divorce and I see their finances they have many (like 8-10 per month) $400-500 dinners out... and these are people who make $500k+ per year.

Same people fly first class, take 6-7 big trips a year.. and have basically fuck all for assets. How do you make $500k+/yr and have less than $100k in the bank?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf