Whats rustling your jimmies?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
BTW, I meant to say HAD a Christian video store. It would be hilarious of it was still there, but it's probably not.

Otto

My house is on a corner lot and random people are now taking a shortcut through my front yard. Stepping on plants and making bike tire marks in the rock. Going to build a wall around my house.

• 6Rustled
Reactions: 5 users

Goatface

finally installing telegram desktop because of the Ukraine thread, using konsole and shit is downloading at 125kb/s and going to take another 40 mins. it is 48mb

• 1WTF
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
These damn automated "support" systems that EVERY company has now when you call them.

Soon as I hear "I understand you'd like to speak to a person, but I need more information" or "I can direct your call quicker if I know why you're calling" I know I'm in for it. I can say literally anything and it'll come back with trying to direct me in a circle with the automated system, or it'll try to direct me to a website, or a freaking app.

Aside from simple bill paying, most of these automated systems don't actually help or speed things up. They're like some kind of fucking goalie that you have to figure out how to get around to reach a person.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
These damn automated "support" systems that EVERY company has now when you call them.

Soon as I hear "I understand you'd like to speak to a person, but I need more information" or "I can direct your call quicker if I know why you're calling" I know I'm in for it. I can say literally anything and it'll come back with trying to direct me in a circle with the automated system, or it'll try to direct me to a website, or a freaking app.

Aside from simple bill paying, most of these automated systems don't actually help or speed things up. They're like some kind of fucking goalie that you have to figure out how to get around to reach a person.

Just hitting 0 right off the bat will usually get you to someone sooner. Not always but better than the normal maze.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
FIVE commutes in a row slowed to a stop because of an accident. So many goddamn shite drivers, and I'm sick of them making my insurance premiums go up despite not making a claim in a quarter century.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
FIVE commutes in a row slowed to a stop because of an accident. So many goddamn shite drivers, and I'm sick of them making my insurance premiums go up despite not making a claim in a quarter century.
Five? Amateur numbers. Go work a few months in NYC/LI and see how long your streak can get

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>

The business I run has this automated system for 1 reason. Spam.
Nothing to do with speeding up the process for the customer but elimates literally 100's of spam and spoof calls a month. It's ridiculous how spam we would get in a day... thousands upon thousands a year. It's fucking insane. Automated systems eliminate that bullshit.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

1696626729732.png

• 12Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 13 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Opened up an old computer at work and the small amount of dust inside of it has either seriously irritated my sinuses or given me a sinus infection.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I have a customer I support in the call center industry. Talking with them the other day about AI/Chatbots/LLMs/etc as it pertains to some of the products I help them with (automation-centric) and they showed me the goal chart. Currently around 15% of people's problems they call with are solved with automated decision tree based chatbots, goal is to get that to 80% within a year or two.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Same here, every single day I encounter traffic slowed to a crawl due to an accident. Never seen so many accidents so frequently before the last couple years and it seems to be getting worse and worse. Lately it's every day. Just constant accident backups and 2-4 car pileups. 99% of the ones I see look like either people being rear-ended or people not knowing how to let people merge and side-colliding. First is probably people looking at their phones, second is just the overall rudeness that increases dramatically when people get behind the wheel.

Tons of traffic issues would be avoided if people A) Didn't try to speed up or block merges, especially when they're in the merger's blind spot, B) Didn't drive like one foot behind the person in front of them to try and speed then up, and C) Didn't pull forward at a red light and get stuck blocking the intersection, causing entire lanes to not be able to move on green, causing people to get bored and annoyed and start looking at their phones more while driving, D) Didn't look at their phone while moving.

C is the most annoying. Hooooly shit I see that so often now. The best is people stuck in the middle of an intersection while everyone drives around them on either side slamming the horn at them because they had to try and rush through a red light and got stuck.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I have a customer I support in the call center industry. Talking with them the other day about AI/Chatbots/LLMs/etc as it pertains to some of the products I help them with (automation-centric) and they showed me the goal chart. Currently around 15% of people's problems they call with are solved with automated decision tree based chatbots, goal is to get that to 80% within a year or two.
hahahaha hahahahahahahaha

The secret of LLMs and chatbots is that they don't do anything that a good self-service portal can't do on its own. Doesn't stop us from selling them but they don't really produce the results that people want. If you want actual results, it's much better to use an LLM to upskill and improve the agent experience, or give you a better understanding of your metrics and APIs. Basically, people are using them for the wrong thing.

Basically, if a customer wanted something that a bot could handle without making some kind of exception or value judgement, then should have already been able to do it by clicking buttons on your website.

Last edited:
  • 1Faggotry

Haus

<Silver Donator>
hahahaha hahahahahahahaha

The secret of LLMs and chatbots is that they don't do anything that a good self-service portal can't do on its own. Doesn't stop us from selling them but they don't really produce the results that people want. If you want actual results, it's much better to use an LLM to upskill and improve the agent experience, or give you a better understanding of your contact center metrics and APIs. Basically, people are using them for the wrong thing.

Basically, if a customer wanted something that a bot could handle without making some kind of exception or value judgement, then should have already been able to do it by clicking buttons on your website.
This is very true... What I was talking to him about was the difference in trying to make a chatbot/LLM "be" the support agent and instead have the chatbot/LLM listen to the conversation and keep feeding the support agent information/tips/direction. Basically use the LLM to "supercharge" the phone monkey.

• 1Like

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was told the automated system at work handles like 5 million calls a day, most people just call in for their balance or something stupid, the ones who get through to a rep actually need assistance

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
I was told the automated system at work handles like 5 million calls a day, most people just call in for their balance or something stupid, the ones who get through to a rep actually need assistance
Or fall into the Super Karen category.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The business I run has this automated system for 1 reason. Spam.
Nothing to do with speeding up the process for the customer but elimates literally 100's of spam and spoof calls a month. It's ridiculous how spam we would get in a day... thousands upon thousands a year. It's fucking insane. Automated systems eliminate that bullshit.
I was getting about 7 to 10 spam calls a day. I decided to start fucking with them, and I no longer get any spam on my phone, almost to where I kinda miss fucking with random people. I would answer, listen to their long into and then say I couldn't hear well, and ask them to repeat it. I would fake interest in whatever they were selling, and then after 10-20 minutes let them know there was no way my 'handler' would let me buy their product.

I actually got blocked from a scammer doing one of the FBI scams where I kept calling him back and he eventually blocked me. For the next few months, I would have the phone ring, and when I answered, it would tell me that I had been blocked, and then hang up on me.

So answer those calls, speak to the people, fuck with them, and they will stop calling.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users