Whats rustling your jimmies?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
These damn automated "support" systems that EVERY company has now when you call them.

Soon as I hear "I understand you'd like to speak to a person, but I need more information" or "I can direct your call quicker if I know why you're calling" I know I'm in for it. I can say literally anything and it'll come back with trying to direct me in a circle with the automated system, or it'll try to direct me to a website, or a freaking app.

Aside from simple bill paying, most of these automated systems don't actually help or speed things up. They're like some kind of fucking goalie that you have to figure out how to get around to reach a person.

start yelling "AGENT AGENT AGENT" into the handset to get through

"OK, I'll connect you to an agent. Let me see if I can find one available"

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
This week it's Xfinity wireless. I won't waste anyone's time with a boring story but for the love of all that's holy could they be any worse at customer service? One of my oldest friends is a big deal with them and I don't even want to waste my time complaining to her, I'm sure she's heard it all before. Anyhow, I'm done with them.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I was getting about 7 to 10 spam calls a day. I decided to start fucking with them, and I no longer get any spam on my phone, almost to where I kinda miss fucking with random people. I would answer, listen to their long into and then say I couldn't hear well, and ask them to repeat it. I would fake interest in whatever they were selling, and then after 10-20 minutes let them know there was no way my 'handler' would let me buy their product.

I actually got blocked from a scammer doing one of the FBI scams where I kept calling him back and he eventually blocked me. For the next few months, I would have the phone ring, and when I answered, it would tell me that I had been blocked, and then hang up on me.

So answer those calls, speak to the people, fuck with them, and they will stop calling.
Calling them a "stupid cunty faggot" works just as well, dude. And it only takes 15 seconds. They always hang up on me and often never call back. The only time it's longer than 15 seconds is when I'm at work and ask them to wait while I close my office door first.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
I just don’t answer the phone these days.

However, a great way to get rid of the Indian callers is to make fun of them for shitting in the streets. The last guy I said that to paused, and calmly told me to go to hell before he hung up.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Goatface

think i have spent the most time on the phone with comcast/xfinity than any other company in my life. once made it all the way through the india support system to "level 6" tech. which i had to set up a meeting with the next day. when i got a call from a real american i was stunned.

not talked to them in a while, but used to have to call often to get my internets reset on their end like every couple of weeks. there system wouldn't let them skip to that step and it would be 20 mins of rebooting my router and all that shit.
"did that fix your problem"
"no, i told you it wouldn't 30 times"
"ooook, i will proform a reset of your account at this time........"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Microsoft Office. I don't have to use it daily thankfully but every time I have to use it, something seems to have changed or moved. Latest discovery is that they removed the "save as" button, so now I can't just edit a document and save it under a new name for future use. Also keeps trying to force me to use their onedrive shit instead of just showing me the standard save interface so I can use the carefully organized directories I have been using on my network drive. Thanks for changing 35 years of standard file management workflow for no reason at all.

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

Microsoft Office. I don't have to use it daily thankfully but every time I have to use it, something seems to have changed or moved. Latest discovery is that they removed the "save as" button, so now I can't just edit a document and save it under a new name for future use. Also keeps trying to force me to use their onedrive shit instead of just showing me the standard save interface so I can use the carefully organized directories I have been using on my network drive. Thanks for changing 35 years of standard file management workflow for no reason at all.

Micro$soft does indeed need to just stopit.

MY Ristle...They have gaslit everyone into thinking that AutoSave in Word/Office was /never/ local, and ONLY via OneDrive - and I hate that to have AutoSave work you have to save it in a OneDrive... argh. No stop it used to just be a feature and could be done on a local saved file! Stop forcing me to use crapdrive!

• 3Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have to use them for work stuff and I save everything to my computer, never the cloud. It’s an option, but it’s not forced. This goes for word, excel, etc.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They can pry office 2007 out of my cold dead keyboard. Fucking word processing does not need the last 20 years of "improvements".

• 3Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They can pry office 2007 out of my cold dead keyboard. Fucking word processing does not need the last 20 years of "improvements".
clippy-microsoft.gif

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Siliconemelons

The Mac version we have at work for certain people- is a site license key, it just got hit with an update that bricked it to read only and says it is completely not supported etc.

Guess that is what you get for updating. Heck I do not even know if they did update or if Microshaft just somehow pushed it.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Mac version we have at work for certain people- is a site license key, it just got hit with an update that bricked it to read only and says it is completely not supported etc.

Guess that is what you get for updating. Heck I do not even know if they did update or if Microshaft just somehow pushed it.
I've been too lazy to do it with my current machine, but next dev machine I build is probably going to be fully offline.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've been too lazy to do it with my current machine, but next dev machine I build is probably going to be fully offline.
We blacklisted all connections to our pipeline machines partly for that purpose. Internal mirrors that are needed to build are explicitly whitelisted and that's it. No funny updates bricking your build, no hidden dependencies inserting themselves into your toolchain.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I don’t know how fucking Word runs so fucking shitty these days. You have one job, display some fucking text, and yet it has worse performance than an 89 year-old grandma whose hip replacements failed. Software today blows. It really is true about how limits breed ingenuity and shit.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kais

<Gold Donor>
We use office 2016 and have refused to upgrade. Partly because my boss still uses a flip phone and is just plain tech combative, partly because it still works fine. On the other hand Acrobat Pro has hamfisted so many upgrades into it over the years that to open a fucking 215kb single page required 8gb of memory and you pray it doesn't hang. Want to sign something? Let's click through 10 different prompts and fight it to not autoupload to docusign where it then asks you to pay for an upgrade before magically nuking the entire document. God help you if you need to edit some text, highlight something, or need to add/remove pages.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

LibreOffice here. Open Source and Free. So far, 100% compatible with the M$Office garbage we use at work.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
like LibreOffice, but Draw has some big issues with some pdf formats

I've never used draw. I just use calc for excel files and write for word docs. For pdfs I use foxit and MS paint for bmps, jpgs, etc. I don't actually know what most of the programs in the suite can do.