Whats rustling your jimmies?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
When Trump gets back into office he's going to cancel Medicare and social security for the elderly!

My mother in law learned (probably from msnbc) that when trump was elected in 2016, women were no longer going to be allowed to own anything. No kidding. She came to me and asked if I would take everything over and let her keep living in her house when that happened.

She never did sign everything over to me. If I was an asshole, I would push it when he gets elected again. Tell her she needs to do it before the law is passed while her signature is still meaningful.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Based on what .223 does inside a human, I bet it would ruin a lot more meat in a deer. I wonder if anyone has done tests on that.
The type of rifle doesn't matter obviously. I've used a 30-06, a shotgun with a slug, and a 300 blackout. My buddies have used everything from a 45-70 to a .270 on deer in northern Minnesota where the longest shot you are going to get is 200 yards. They all do just fine as long as you hit it correctly and none destroy that much of anything. It's a naive big lie that gets told in liberal circles that you destroy the animal and there is basically nothing left. To be fair, I've seen that happen Chukar hunting with a 20 gauge when the bird was shot really close to the gunner, flying away. A deer though, I have no clue what you would have to do to destroy it enough to leave nothing. Maybe a landmine of some sort?

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
The type of rifle doesn't matter obviously. I've used a 30-06, a shotgun with a slug, and a 300 blackout. My buddies have used everything from a 45-70 to a .270 on deer in northern Minnesota where the longest shot you are going to get is 200 yards. They all do just fine as long as you hit it correctly and none destroy that much of anything. It's a naive big lie that gets told in liberal circles that you destroy the animal and there is basically nothing left. To be fair, I've seen that happen Chukar hunting with a 20 gauge when the bird was shot really close to the gunner, flying away. A deer though, I have no clue what you would have to do to destroy it enough to leave nothing. Maybe a landmine of some sort?
I mean, the perfect shot would be a double lung or heart shot right? I'm not a hunter, but I've shot squirrels with 22's and they are still whole and complete. 223 has a lot more velocity, but it's the same diameter.

There is no way it's not an old wives tale/myth like you say.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean, the perfect shot would be a double lung or heart shot right? I'm not a hunter, but I've shot squirrels with 22's and they are still whole and complete. 223 has a lot more velocity, but it's the same diameter.

There is no way it's not an old wives tale/myth like you say.
I mean the right soft point the squirell is going to explode somewhat, but yeah far cry from a deer.

If youtube still left them up look at prairie dog shooting videos

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
animation explode GIF by Alastair Gray

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
The type of rifle doesn't matter obviously. I've used a 30-06, a shotgun with a slug, and a 300 blackout. My buddies have used everything from a 45-70 to a .270 on deer in northern Minnesota where the longest shot you are going to get is 200 yards.

First off, all of those were in an AR platform? Don't believe I've ever seen one in 30-06, .270, or 45-70. The actions generally aren't long enough.

Second, I wasn't speaking to the platform, but the caliber.

A deer though, I have no clue what you would have to do to destroy it enough to leave nothing. Maybe a landmine of some sort?

I didn't say destroy all the meat. I am not your creepy uncle and I am not defending him. I was just wondering out loud how much damage a 223 would do to a deer. The round is known for breaking up inside a human body and causing a lot of extra damage. Seems like it might do the same to a deer.

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
Trick or treating was last night in my area. I still follow the kids around at ages 8 and 10 because I could use the steps and they still can get a little excited running around with friends not paying attention while crossing streets.

1st rustle what is wrong with all the kids in my area zig zagging across streets mine included. Run up one side of the street and back down the other. Whatever guys you're actually taking twice as long to get half as much candy.

2nd rustle 2 obviously adult Asian women were out toward the end of the night, with no outfits on. They were walking up to houses with just the bowls out and helping themselves while skipping houses that had people giving out candy. At least from what I saw they weren't taking it all.

Honestly, I wouldn't give 2 shits if they just put some shitty costumes and went at it. One postive all the teens or maybe even young adults had dressed up.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
First off, all of those were in an AR platform? Don't believe I've ever seen one in 30-06, .270, or 45-70. The actions generally aren't long enough.

I didn't say destroy all the meat. I am not your creepy uncle and I am not defending him. I was just wondering out loud how much damage a 223 would do to a deer. The round is known for breaking up inside a human body and causing a lot of extra damage. Seems like it might do the same to a deer.
The 300 blackout was an AR. None of them do an astounding amount of damage. Inside the body is usually in the heart/ lungs.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

It breaks up and punctures organs. Tiny holes. It doesn't mutilate anything. Similar to how people think a .22 in the skull will bounce around. No, it won't.....

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
It breaks up and punctures organs. Tiny holes. It doesn't mutilate anything. Similar to how people think a .22 in the skull will bounce around. No, it won't.....

Typical hunting bullets rarely fracture. Sometimes they hit a dense bone and some meat gets bloodshot. I think some folks just grind up blood shot meat, but I throw that away.

But now that I've said that, I realize that there are 223 hunting rounds and those bullets are probably designed to hold together. So as long as you're not hunting with M193s, it's probably not an issue.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Typical hunting bullets rarely fracture. Sometimes they hit a dense bone and some meat gets bloodshot. I think some folks just grind up blood shot meat, but I throw that away.

But now that I've said that, I realize that there are 223 hunting rounds and those bullets are probably designed to hold together. So as long as you're not hunting with M193s, it's probably not an issue.
Yeah, fragmenting rounds are for use on people.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What in tarnation is this AI Generated gun? It's like an M1A had a child with a pump action shotgun, with a doorstop on the end of the mag tube

1698935052988.png

Yeah they got the gun completely wrong. And I don't even know WTF that's supposed to be.

That said, I'd be shocked to see Disney make something like this. Mainly because I'd be shocked to see them make something that'll actually make money.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I've flown a sort of ridiculous amount in my life because my dad worked for the airlines. I never heard this viewpoint, that putting your seat back the way they're designed to go, is viewed as rude by some ridiculous fraction of humanity, until sometime in my 40s.

That knowledge has only heightened my enjoyment of flying. As I lean my seat back and relax.

People who think you're not supposed to recline the seat ever, are worse than foot people. They're almost as bad as people who ride bicycles in the fucking road.

(yes its rude to lean it back during the meal, of course)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I never heard this viewpoint, that putting your seat back the way they're designed to go, is viewed as rude by some ridiculous fraction of humanity, until sometime in my 40s.
I wonder if that is when they shortened the distance between the seats.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Hm, maybe. I figured it had been a gradual process but never really noticed the moment of transition from just barely enough room to not enough room.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
My mother in law learned (probably from msnbc) that when trump was elected in 2016, women were no longer going to be allowed to own anything. No kidding. She came to me and asked if I would take everything over and let her keep living in her house when that happened.

She never did sign everything over to me. If I was an asshole, I would push it when he gets elected again. Tell her she needs to do it before the law is passed while her signature is still meaningful.

A friend of mine who's half-Dominican thought a bunch of his friends and family were probably gonna get deported after Trump won in 2016. All legal citizens mind you. I would joke with him and rib him that he'd get deported too, because he's half white so he thought he was safe. The whole thing seemed pretty hyperbolic to me. Sure enough nothing happened.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Has something changed with The Hill? I used to riff on The Hill's Twitter headlines back in the day because they were often egregiously misleading.

Yeah, The Hill is pretty good on Youtube...from what little I've seen. They still do a fair amount of clickbait titles and whatnot but most of it isn't. They aren't partisan in either direction (so both sides probably think they're favoring the other). I watch maybe one video from them a month and what I've seen has been good. Like they had a video a couple weeks ago talking about public opinion on the Trump trials and most of the video was two particularly intelligent people debating (in a respectful and adult way) about the situation. One leaned left, one leaned right, both were pretty neutral and nuanced though. I was actually kind of shocked that A) Both people were unemotional and kind of balanced and B) Nobody was talking over each other.

So from what little I've seen The Hill seems alright to me. Though keep in mind that I spend almost no time watching political stuff on Youtube.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Took my car to the dealership because I can't figure out what's causing a whirring I have heard whenever I accelerate since I took a shredded 18 wheeler blowout across the front of my car. (only happens when in gear, but somehow the whirrr varies it's pitch to my RPM, not my wheel speed)

It's been in the shop a week and they text me this afternoon, after they're working hours, to let me know they still can't figure out what is causing the sound, but oh they found around $3,000 in general maintenance it could use if I want to get that done while it's in. This is after years of them being a fantastic dealership to deal with.

• 2Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users