Whats rustling your jimmies?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Mechanics I know all love fords. Especially the diesels. Ford's put food on their tables. When a dodge diesel rolls in, he probably just needs an oil change. When a Ford Diesel comes in, that's gunna be a good Christmas.

Is your dad a professional/commercial mechanic or is it more of a hobby / sideline work?
He's been a mechanic for 40 years as a career, at private garages

Goatface

2018 platinum edition
been a while from when i watched this, at 13mins he recaps some of the costs, but basically $3500+ in parts as the tails lights leaked

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
With the advent of Youtube and the like, so many repairs are possible if you have a good tool set and know how to use them. Parts are another matter entirely, but when I was younger our first call was the auto salvage yards. Fuck if they didnt have almost anything you need someplace in their piles of wrecked cars. You had to pull it yourself, they just gave you directions through the maze to the wreck that had the part still on it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Every Ford I have ever owned has been absolutely reliable and has needed no work except regular maintenance. Taurus, Ranger (x2), F150, and Focus. All have been excellent cars.

I have a Hyundai right now that is from 2009 and has 180,000 miles on it. Same thing with that. Nothing but regular maintenance, 100% reliable.

Every Chevrolet vehicle I've had, Chevette, Cavalier, C1500, has been an absolute lemon. The Chevette was fun because I was a teen learning to fix cars myself, but I spent so much time fixing that stupid thing. The truck I got rid of after a year because it was too expensive to own.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

That f150 tail light thing, if they didn't explain, is because its the first gen of their fancy looking LED lights... AND they built in the sensors into the light housing. This has been a known high expense area of those fords for a long time. When they first started those lights they also started the aluminum body. There was an initial youtube review guy that was comparing the cost of a repair on steel f150 vs aluminum - he I think hit them both with a bat or something, he was meant to simulate a standard type of damage you may get backing up into a poll or something.

When he got the bill, to compare it was way higher than he thought, and that is when they saw the difference in price of the tail light enclosure was like a few hundo to a few thousand.

Siliconemelons

I mean that's almost $3 an inch! You can't get deals like that just anywhere!
I bought a black Friday 150$ dell laptop 4 years ago, was a great laptop till the kids got it :-(

Dell emailed (And called? wtf) me in year 3 to buy it an extended warranty... for 230$ lol

It ran word, internet and project 1999 like a boss.

• 1Like

Goatface

didn't mind see the christmas decoration/stuff for sale, but seriously couple of stores had the christmas music going. if i worked in retail, would certainly murder someone before christmas.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
A few more years and they will call it the Fall Sales and they will run the discounts from September to the end of December.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
F1 is fucking up the traffic everywhere out here. Freeway, side-streets, can't get anywhere in a decent amount of time.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Trying to get a reservation at a decent restaurant, the day off. Bad planning…

Veteran's day is right up there with Valentine's day when it comes to overbooked restaurants. Stand clear of the ones that offer free food to vets too, they'll be completely slammed :p

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Philips head screws suck. Their reign is over. Better patterns exist. Let Philips head screws go extinct.

• 1Solidarity

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
eh, if they didnt make screws out of ""metal"" with approximately the hardness of room temperature butter, it wouldnt really matter much

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users